Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you need a gun that shoots 550 FPS? Wouldn't it basically be illegal to use, anywhere? Are you just trying to hurt people? =o

Hardly so! Have you played with high-FPS rifle's before? :huh: They really are not as "Killer" as everyone proclaims them as to be. A round was accidently discharged from the gun while a friend was handling it and realized the trigger was a double action and that if he clicked it half way it wouldn't shoot (The semi auto replaces the fully auto on the trigger setup I have) so he pulled it the full way thinking a round was not chambered and that it would not shoot at all..... Needless to say that it shot my other buddy in the leg from a good 10 feet away. It left a nasty little bruise and it broke the skin and made him trickle a bit of blood but that was the extent of the injury. Used properly (with proper MED's- 100 feet atleast for a DMR or sniper rifle, a user who knows the rifle and what it is capable of) a high FPS rifle at 150 or 200 feet is less harmful then a 300 FPS AEG at 30 feet. It is not illegal to play with it where I use it, Badkarma airsoft. The chrono limit is just about 550 FPS with a .2 for DMR's and sniper rifles. Mine classifies as a DMR due to it's only semi automatic trigger and it's high FPS and barrel length.

The "CQB" setup was just named that due to it's shorter barrel length and accesories. I actually used that for woodland only, I do not have a local CQB place here in Nashville Tennessee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers,

I haven't had any problems myself, the gearbox is also upgraded and even with the high ROF it still feeds fine.

The best thing about it is its easily reverted to its original magwell, you have to slide out the gearbox but its still pretty easy and only takes a minute. :)

Which doesn't answer the question as to why you'd remove rails, since most people are adding the damn sticklebricks to anything that stands still long enough... <_<

Because he maybe don't want to, or don't like the look of it? Damn, open your eyes.

Cheers,

I haven't had any problems myself, the gearbox is also upgraded and even with the high ROF it still feeds fine.

The best thing about it is its easily reverted to its original magwell, you have to slide out the gearbox but its still pretty easy and only takes a minute. :)

Nice job!!!

Can you do a tutorial for us please? I'm very interested at this magwell conversion!

Hey guys, I made a mockup in Photoshop of the gun I'm thinking about making. The first picture is the basic version. A JG Aug A3 with silencer, red dot, and folding grip.

post-15501-1233449621_thumb.jpg

This is another option if I wanted to add a bipod to it:

post-15501-1233449783_thumb.jpg

I would also eventually like to add a light and laser but I'm not sure where. I don't know if I want it on a side rail and don't know if it would fit on the bottom rail with the grip. This is one option to fix that:

post-15501-1233451555_thumb.jpg

Any thoughts?