Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey AUG people, question for you.

Say I want to set one up like this:

m7.jpg

All of the images I've been able to find of Modern Aussie infantry using it has some sort of rail that rides just above the receiver, as opposed to an inch or two above it like all of the airsoft AUGs I've ever seen. Trying to put together an Australian kit, and if I'm able to figure out how to do that, plan on picking up an AUG.

Anyone?

Any 5.56mm magazine pouches will be fine for AUG mags.

Need better pics of that Aussie AUG set up before commenting - can't see the rail in that pic because of the things bolted to it...

Steyr.jpg

23%20-%20Steyr.jpg

Looks like the normal SR rail, but lowered down. It'll be something the Aussies put together for the F88, the licence-built AUG version they use. In that second picture, you can see the A1-style cocking handle, so it's probably not an A2-style detachable scope rail.

With enough skill, you could probably mod an airsoft AUG-SR to look like that.

Edited by Hedganian

Yeah, kinda like that.

What barrel you gonna put on that?

I really must get around to getting an A2-style cocking handle or two or several for Project AUG...

EDIT: Comparing the photo of my Carbine to the photo of the Aussie F88 Carbine above, the scope rail is only lowered by 1/2-3/4 of an inch - not sure I can see the point in doing that. I wonder why the Aussies made a receiver with a lower rail in the first place? Might be better for the large sight like the Elcan, I suppose. :unsure:

Edited by Hedganian

I have never experienced this problem, nor do I know anyone who has - which way up are you putting your mags into the pouch? They should be tops up and you can only fit 2 into a PLCE ammo pouch... (But then again, the army only issues us with enough SA80 mags to have two per pouch anyway)

Edited by Hedganian

Storing magazines tops down can cause damage to the feed lips - in real stel, obviously - leading to misfeeds and stoppages, when soldiers drop their kit. Therefore mags should always be stored tops up. It's no faster or slower to load mags stored one way up or another, you just have to practise your drills.

But it's hardly an issue in airsoft.

AUG mags are useless? How so? They function perfectly adequately for storing ammo and feed fine, except the hi-caps sometimes. But hi-caps are their own issue anyway, and we won't go there.

Well, they don't fit in any fast draw mag pouches, and the catch alot. There's nothing wrong with the TM feed mechanism or anything, just don't like the shape of them. I know I'm going to sound like an elitist saying this, but because I'm used to good, normal M4 mags, anything that doesn't work quite so well is a disappointment. Although, admittedly, I haven't had any pouches designed to take AUG mags (are there any?) I still don't think they're as ergonomic as an M4 mag. If I sound like I'm being picky about a second or so shuffling in a mag change, it's because I am. When using the M4, I got my reload times down to around 3-5 seconds. When useing AUG mags, that could be anywhere from 5-20 seconds. The bull-pupness I was willing to put up with. The mags catching and being thicker set in the pouches, was too much. I'm guessing Hedge is talking about drawing from a webbing style pouch, where I was talking about drawing from a MOLLE open top mag pouch.

I draw from my 'satch's integrated pouches.

But those are made to hold two M4 magazines. I only have three standards and one hicap (which I don't like using), so I have no need to carry them in my other mag pouches.

I couldn't care less about reload times. For my M4 variants, I try to get a magazine ready before I empty the one in my weapon. I usually slip the makeshift mag-pull over one of my fingers on my non-dominant hand.

I've only used my AUG a couple of times. If the poo hits the fans, I grab for my sidearm.

Edited by SgtBojangles

I'm not going to bother having a debate over the relative merits of the M4 vs the AUG. Anyone who knows anything about the real steel knows the good and bad points of each rifle, and anyone who knows about airsoft knows the same about the various RIFs. A lot of it is down to personal preference and training/experience at the end of the day. For some reason, Americans don't seem to get on with the bullpup design.

What I will ask is this: just out of curiousity, if you hate the AUG so much, why are you reading and posting in a thread entirely devoted to them?

You don't see me going into the M4 thread and trolling about how ###### I think they are...

I don't hate the AUG. I think it's a beautiful rifle. I really like the design, the feel, everything apart from the mags. Someone asked about AUG mags. I gave an opinion, that hadn't been voiced up till that point. And for your knowledge, I'm not an M4 fan-boy either. They just never felt right to me. That's an entirely different point though, which I'll leave. I currently own an MP5, which I'm very happy with ergonomically, and a number of sniper rifles.

Edit: Did you assume I'm American, or was that just a general comment?

Edited by AnotherJesus
I don't hate the AUG. I think it's a beautiful rifle. I really like the design, the feel, everything apart from the mags. Someone asked about AUG mags. I gave an opinion, that hadn't been voiced up till that point. And for your knowledge, I'm not an M4 fan-boy either. They just never felt right to me. That's an entirely different point though, which I'll leave. I currently own an MP5, which I'm very happy with ergonomically, and a number of sniper rifles.

I'm not a fan of the AUG mags either, thats why I made a STANAG stock for it.

I store my 8 57rd AUG mags tops down so water, dirt and other unwanted stuff doesn't get to my BB's and eventually my hop-up. As for mag design I am fine with it, right now I have some homemade mag-puls made out of nylon but I'm going to transfer over to real mag-puls in while. For reload time it depends if I'm high on an adrenaline rush which I bumble around with the mag like an idiot for about 87secs but if I'm calm I can take a mag out put it in my dump pouch and pop another mag in about 4-5 secs.

standard

post-3335-1240908708_thumb.jpg

and CQB / Bush

post-3335-1240908741_thumb.jpg

this is currently Stage I of my planned mod to my AUG ... Stage II will be a new lick of paint muwahahaha ... wont be doing much to the gun, so please dont expect too much ... took the foregrip off coz Im a shortie and have never been comfortable with foregrips (I just always grip the mag wells on any "normal" guns ayways) so its a bit redundant to me .... I just want to mod it up to be a practical shooter

Edited by Phantom

Hi

Here are my AUGs.

1) Custom CA AUG Military. full tuned to 370fps, very small trigger-lag because of systema magnum. my primary gun. with realsteel slind and foregrip.

augstgc10d.jpg

2) Custom TM AUG Military. my first AUG, now 6 years old, runs perfectly. custom shortened barrel to -P version. with realsteel slind and foregrip. 400fps.

augpk8bj.jpg

3) Custom JG/CA AUG HBAR-T. 370fps, madbull psg1 barrel, great to play, but a little bit heavy. barrelpart and reciever are screwed togehter, easy barrelchange is not possible any more, but the gun is much more stable now. also there is a custom high cap magazin, simulating the reals steel 42rd mag.

aughbart35ca.jpg

4) Custom JAC AUG. my gas-AUG. its real fun to shoot it. runs at 900fps with 12bar airpreassure. not for gameplay. this gun is 20 years old!

augjacu6wj.jpg

5) Custom JG AUG A3. My newest creation, still a project, but looks too cool. with surefire m800 and some RIS-panels. the EOtech is from G&P. runs at 400fps.

auga376fk.jpg

hope you like it.

Regards from Austria!

Edited by schackal