Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What performance do you get from that extra-long barrel?

The total length of the A3 is actually very close to the A1/A2. Something around 810mm. As far as inner barrels go, a standard AUG has a 509mm, I have a 590mm with a bore-up kit, so any noticeable difference in performcance is due to the bore-up not longer barrel.

Edited by cpilla
  • 2 weeks later...

Evert: Any chance of a better pic of the muzzle and silencer fitting? Is that the standard AUG flash excluder there? How does the silencer fit? Very nice work on the paint job, by the way, although if it were me, I'd paint the foregrip too.

KTcerberus: Very nice H-Bar there. Did you make the extended mag yourself?

Evert: Any chance of a better pic of the muzzle and silencer fitting? Is that the standard AUG flash excluder there? How does the silencer fit? Very nice work on the paint job, by the way, although if it were me, I'd paint the foregrip too.

Will get some more detailed pics up asap. Basically its a custom job which involved -14mm threading a metal pipe. Then using the back of a stock vsr 10 piston as the mini 'outer barrel/spacer' that the metal pipe runs through. Will have a better go at explaining it once I get the pics up.

In effect its like the smg adapter thing except its about 20mm longer so a silencer can be fitted without having to take the silver thing at the end of the gas tube out (dont know what its called).

Its the standard flash excluder (want to change it with a closed one).

Its not a paint job. Its British od tape with face paint smeared across it. I realy like the effect but I Might Krylon spray it once I can afford to. Agree I need to cover the foregrip though.

Edited by Evert 72

The silver thing is called the gas plug.

Looks pretty good, anyway - very unusual way of achieving that finished, with the tape and whatnot, but I guess you get extra points for thinking outside the box and still coming up with something that looks good.

Looking forward to seeing some more pics with the details.

KTcerberus: Are the extended mags hi-caps ( ie with a winder) or mid-caps (ie with a spring)?

barrel.jpg

With the aid of my incredible Microsoft paint skills I will try and explain. The red outline represents the area of a cut down vsr piston. While the green outline represents a steel pipe (with a -14mm thread). All held together very strongly by just friction. Would take it apart to show you the components but I kinda had to hammer it together and I have no idea how im going to take it apart.

KTcerberus: Are the extended mags hi-caps ( ie with a winder) or mid-caps (ie with a spring)?

They are high caps. I would make some low caps but the sheer number of mags needed and the cost would be prohibitive. I got 8 high caps with the gun, and so I ended up with X4 600 round mags out of the deal.

The lower receiver/stock is from a civ tm AUG I got second hand. Cant take credit for the trigger guard as it came to me like that. Im not really a big fan of it either.

However it was just sitting around collecting dust so I figured I would have an experiment with some textured, stone effect spray paint. No real thinking behind it but I guess it would work ok in mountainous regions, urban areas or an place covered in unpolished marble :D

Also its covering heavy brush marks from the paint job it came with that I couldnt cover with normal spray paint.

EDIT: Just looking for a normal Aug a1 stock now. Then my aug projects will be done.

Edited by Evert 72

I may well have a spare one - but it's hard to know, really, given the current disarray in my collection...

Your speckly AUG will certainly stand out and turn heads, so kudos to you for that. :) Hope to see you some day at a game to compare projects...

ooooh, some nice AUGlings have appeared in my absence!! Some really sweet guns there guys!

It seems long mags are catching on, guess I started something! ;)

Anyways, have told Stunt I'll build him a STANAG AUG, expect extremely sporadic updates...