Aug Picture Thread

felt obliged to do something to cover the absolutely hideous luminescent green that it used to be :D And i thought the same about the rails, so thats when i looked around and saw that conveniently flat area with no obstructions, and thought.. i could gut down like a 36c rail, so its just the right length to properly mount the taclight, and put it there? then the only thing interfering with the classic shape is a little taclight sticking up, which is only like, the same dimensions as my finger.

Mattmaniac, you are having problems with the scope here, you need to have a little look at a few terms, called "eye relief" , "parallax" and "focus" the first thing is that, when you look through the scope, you shold be able to see the whole of the lens at the other end of the scope, with no shadows around it. when you can see this, this is the correct "eye relief" distanc. Now you need to focus the scope, so it no longer looks blurry when you focus on objects 30 foot or so away. Finally, you need to check for parallax. this only makes a difference if you intend to be making really long range shots, or really quickly bringing the scope up to your eye. When you have done the previous 2 steps, aim at a distant object. Now, keeping the gun absolutely still, move your head around ever so slightly to look through the scope at different angles. If the crosshair appears to move, you have an issue called parallax, which basically means, Your gonna miss. Depending on the quality of the scope, this may not be a fixable error. If you do encounter this problem, you need to move the objective lens either slightly closer or further away

After youve done all of this, youll have a perfect, accurate sight set up, with the distances all as ergonomic and effective as they can be

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regarding the RIS to the side opposite the cocking handle - they do that in real life so go for it

regarding the blue/grey/white/black combo.. that I think can work in a CQB/urban environment as it is breaking up the outline of the AUG... so good one.. :)

Yeah but I believe the austeyr f88 doesn’t have a rail mounted on the same place as yours hedg. Rather it has a special mount that screws into the side just below the top rail. You can just make out the top of it in this picture (zoom in. just above the LAM).

Anyway im just nit-picking, its near enough.

it has a special mount that screws into the side just below the top rail.

Isn't that what Dom S was talking about in the first place? :blink:

The new A3 also has a side rail mounted on the angled face of the receiver on the other side from the cocking handle, while the A3-SF adds rails to the sides and top of the scope as well.

I might replace my Nitro-Vo mount with an RIS rail (probably a G36C side rail) bolted to the side of the receiver, when I get around to it.

Edited by Hedganian

Im just saying the lam/torch is not attached in exactly the same space or way on the F88. Its pointless to argue over as there is no decent pics of the mount without the lam obscuring it.

Im still yet to see an issued A1 with a RIS mounted on the angled face of the receiver.

I recommend using a g36c side rail though. Its what I used on my speckly aug.

Anyway while we are the topic of F88’s here is my lam unit inspired by those pics.

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

Edited by Evert 72

Thanks. I know, I only think the Aussies use them on there F88's. Might try to do some work on my lowered civ receiver so I can get it to fit on there. Then get an elcan for it as well.

Wish airsoft manufactures would get there act together and make a rif F88, A3-SF and a proper A3. Instead of making ugly A3ish things.

Edited by Evert 72

Ah good. Well done you, your Google-fu is strong.

But how do they mount them, that's the question? All the pics seem to be from the side where the mount is covered by the LAM itself.

We need someone who's actually in one of these Oz/NZ units to get some really detailed photos for us to copy...

And yeah, if someone could please bring out a *correct* replica of the AUG A3-SF, that would be really nice. Please form an orderly line behind me for the first production models.

^^^^ Proof that all airsofters are fashion queens. And here is some more. I think it's more the fact that on such a futuristic polymer/metal gun, a leather cheek rest just looks odd

I couldn't agree more :lol:.

I dont really like the cheekpad but its the only way i could see to fit my 3000mah lipo! Any ideas on other place to fit it would be appreciated! I tried a battery sling but they're a pain in the a*se and the long wires cause too much resistance.

Oh and its going to be downgraded, i was aiming for 350fps when i built the gb so ill have to swap the spring for a 100.

Edited by stuart pagram
How about just getting a lipo that actually fits where it's meant to. I run an 11.1v, 2200mah lipo and it fits (all be it snugly) in the stock.

That would be perfect, i didnt know there were any that would fit, what make of lipo are you running? The ony possible problem is that im running a mosfet in the stock as well which takes up a little bit of space.