Aug Picture Thread

The man above is correct. Personally, I think the elcan is too big to look good on the AUG, it's more suited to a larger weapon like the Minimi. I would go with an ACOG instead, or just stick with the standard "military" scope rail.

As I happened to have both AUG and Elcan within easy reach, I took some pics for you. I don't know whether it's due to the cheapsoft clone Elcan or the CA AUG's rail, but the spacing of the bolts and gaps on the AUG rail don't match, so it wasn't a good fit. Also there's not enough room on the rail for the Elcan and the back-up iron sights. I wouldn't use it for skirmishing...

3820355932_e3329ef184_b.jpg

3819551675_d5f123b02d_b.jpg

3820357914_ae1367211b_b.jpg

That's my spare AUG, by the way, not Project AUG. I got it to destroy for the barrel section, but liked the paintjob so much I decided to keep it.

Edited by Hedganian
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as I said, it was destined for sacrifice to feed Project AUG, but I just couldn't do it...

It's now been suped up by Doc with a mosfet and new springs and things to reach 330fps or so. So you'll be pleased to know that it will live on as my spare AUG/loan gun for new recruits to the team. :)

Homemade lam and bracket mounted on F88 esc receiver. Needs an ACOG I think.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/evert72/CIMG4159.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/evert72/CIMG4158.jpg

Nice looking :) How'd you lower the rail? Did you chop it up and just lowered it and fixed it in place with some screws and plastic pudding for the seams?

I think the Elcan looks out of place because it is the SR receiver.

As we know, it looks far better on the F88A2... :)

I'm afraid that I don't agree - the difference between the two rail types is about 10mm in height.

I don't think the Elcan scope looks good on any version of the AUG, or most other assault rifles - it's just too big and bulky in my opinion, and only looks right on large weapons like the L110 Minimi (M249).

I'm afraid that I don't agree - the difference between the two rail types is about 10mm in height.

I don't think the Elcan scope looks good on any version of the AUG, or most other assault rifles - it's just too big and bulky in my opinion, and only looks right on large weapons like the L110 Minimi (M249).

I guess I'm just strange like that. Put an elcan on almost anything and I'll be all over it :wub: . I'll be chopping mine though to make it resemble an F88, not sure if I'm going to go die hard with the lam though. 

Got to fondle a real steel at a local gun store, <3. Can't wait for my m4 to sell now. Might sell my SR25 to fund some upgrades... Hell, I might even get a job  :rolleyes:

Edited by DFM56
  • 2 weeks later...

Oooh, an AUG thread! Well, I just recently sold this, but here's my beloved AUG H-Bar. Had plans to make the extended mags, just never did...

P4190623.jpg

P4190622.jpg

Consists of: TM AUG A1, Hexagon Products H-Bar front end, a bunch of love, a lipo, and a bunch of internals stuff!

Edited by Andyjp
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where I might be able to pick up a complete barrel assembly minus the inner barrel? I had an AUG years ago that I managed to get the parts to make a 2nd barrel assembly but traded the whole setup... now I have another AUG and I wanna do something similar but last time I had to get parts from someone who was selling his AUG in pieces.

Ehobby had the barrels last time i looked, dunno about the front receiver though. that might be hard to come by.

Heres a pic of my Steyr, Its an Irish-look load out with a customized short barrel. She started off as a regular Civvie so i painted it, threaded in a silencer adapter and added an M16 SPR flash hider. It was also running on Stanag magazines but i reverted to the originals for the look (need transparent OD ones still). It has a real steel sling on there too but its not in the picture.

The pistol is the KSC System7 USP with trades etc. Very nice pistol.:)

3963430527_7e9f293284_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...