Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
What are the arrangements for the mag catch for the 9mm mag? Can we get some details pics of the adapter itself?

Sorry, I missed this the first time...

Here you go.

9mmAUGmagadaptor2.jpg

9mmAUGmagadaptor4.jpg

As you can see, I had to modify the mag for the latch arrangement, by insetting a small Alloy plate to put the hole in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

M7 and M9 bayonets should fit it, but there is one specific to AUG too...

313gbayo.jpg

PJ's AUGs have 'em for $185 - if I could lay hands on a real one I could make a rubber replica, but I'm not shelling out that much for one... I did see a pic of one in use recently enough , but naturally now that I need to find it I can't! ;)

Very nice piece of kit ! Could you elaborate on what we are seeying ? Like the silencers, fire selector, etc.

Cheers bud. The woodland barrel is a KA phantom kit ,mb 6.03 barrel ,and tasco illuminated scope. CQB one I modded the barrel to fit a paintball tracer silencer, standard shorter barrel to drop the fps, and popped an aimpoint copy on. For the selector I modded a third stage on the safety that limits the travel of the trigger to single shot, and dissabled the 2 stage trigger but thats optional.

Edited by heroshark

Your CQB version won't work as it's missing the gas plug. :P And that "silencer" is - in my opinion - horribly ugly...

But congratulations on your work, you've obviously put in a fair amount of effort to create the look you were going for.

Might I ask why you've chosen to remove the sling mounts and replace them with a bit of webbing? :unsure:

Also, I'd be grateful if you'd knock up a guide to your safety-catch Mod and put it in the AUG FAQ/Helpdesk thread (If you haven't already) as it's something that people would benefit from. I'm almost drawn to it myself, especially for indoor semi-only games.

Your CQB version won't work as it's missing the gas plug. :P And that "silencer" is - in my opinion - horribly ugly...

But congratulations on your work, you've obviously put in a fair amount of effort to create the look you were going for.

Might I ask why you've chosen to remove the sling mounts and replace them with a bit of webbing? :unsure:

Also, I'd be grateful if you'd knock up a guide to your safety-catch Mod and put it in the AUG FAQ/Helpdesk thread (If you haven't already) as it's something that people would benefit from. I'm almost drawn to it myself, especially for indoor semi-only games.

I knew your keen eye would spot that ,glad you would like it ;) .Tbh when I bough the silencer I didnt realise how chunky it would be ,works a treat though and it was cheaper than the as version. It is fantasticaly ugly indeed though but its grown on me ,I love it :D .The webbing is an attachment for a single point sling, if you look theres a metal loop on it. The other sling mounts were no longer needed so I removed them. I'll put the mod up in a bit :)

Edited by heroshark

AUGs should not be ugly. :waggle:

I don't hold with all this single-point sling nonsense, a good three-point is all the sling anyone ever needs. But each to their own, I guess.

You know what you should do to make it even better? Pick up an A2-style cocking handle from Treadhead.

I'm looking forward to seeing the selector-switch how-to guide. Thanks. :)

See, I notice a lot of people say that they don't like to sling their rifle, even in the TA. Then they fall over and drop it, need to climb over a fence or something along those lines.

Personally, I find a sling to be an essential piece of equipment.

But as I said, each to their own.