Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For that you can put your support hand over the trigger guard like an AFG of sorts.

steyr_aug_l7.jpg

But as a DMR/sniper with the bipod out you'll probably be shooting prone or supported most of the time where having the support hand on the butt stock is more comfortable.

RFB_24in_prone_8921wallpaper.jpg

*not an AUG obviously, but the same applies

Edited by renegadecow

Saying something is "so-called" implies that it's not that, but people call it that mistakenly. Whereas I'm given to understand that "H-Bar" is the designation given to that variant by Steyr themselves (as it's short for Heavy Barrel), which would make it a perfectly valid name.

You're, of course, free to use the designations given by any Armed Force which actually USES the AUG - indeed I would encourage it - but such codes are going to be less well known outside the countries/militaries concerned.

Leaving all that aside, though, your images were good - nice clean AUG configurations. Do you find the "issue" AUG sling any use? I find it only good for carrying the rifle, rather than being any good in combat, compared to a three-point sling, such as the British Army issue one.