Aug Picture Thread

The real steel AUG has a conversion kit for the NATO standard mags (although these are a lot less standard than was intended).

Personally, I think it would be better to convert the SA80/M16 and/or M4 to use the AUG mags, since they're better, but that's another story.

Why did you remove the foregrip? Are you planning to replace it with something?

Oh, and just a tip - I'd avoid lean your expensive rifle with its expensive sight up against walls like that if I were you. When it falls down, you've got a lot of repair work to do...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you remove the foregrip? Are you planning to replace it with something?

My foregrip pin broke actually and it got tossed out before I had a chance to go and buy a steel pin for it, so at the moment I don't have one :(

(Anyone got a spare one with all the pieces?)

And for the mags, I've realized I may need to get some plasticard and mold it into keeping the stanag mag straight down, otherwise it interferes with the fire selection. I'm not really sure if I want to finish the modification, as this was just a little fiddle to see how it would look/work. I like the look of the AUG mags better anyways.

Oh, and just a tip - I'd avoid lean your expensive rifle with its expensive sight up against walls like that if I were you. When it falls down, you've got a lot of repair work to do...

I hope you're kidding. I've dropped my AUG barrel down on concrete with harly even a scratch. I wouldn't be worried about leaning it up against anything, even a moving vehicle. :blink:

Dude, what's the deal with the two scopes?

And why make a 20 round magazine? As far as I'm aware Steyr don't make 20 round mags for the AUG (although they might, I suppose)

They do make 20 rds mag. It is shorter and it is good for firing from the prone position. And it is custom made (and 20 rds is ok with me, since we use in the game the same amount of ammo as real steel +-5 rds)

First scope is Holosight (like red dot scope) with NV capability and the second one is night vision...

The picture was taken after 36 hrs game (nonstop, one life, no respawn...)

Harry

URNA