Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The silencer does help a tiny bit, given that the 'box is hidden in next to your shoulder so the only noise the enemy hears is your muzzle pop.

The silencer kills that.

Since your ear is next to your g'box you still hear the same noise but the enemy doesn't.

The two scopes work really well. one with magnification for deliberate shooting and a red dot for quick "eyes open" shooting. Because of the way I carry my rifle the eye relief is correct for both kinds of shooting.

I have seen photos of Austrian special forces with this setup so it can't be that bad eh?

Anyway it is only one of four upper receivers I have with different scope arrangements.

Stunt

All except for the phantoms. ;)

Uh oh....

DSC01869.JPG

I like her, she's very quiet compared to my ICS M4.

Includes:-

King Arms lightweight phantom kit

Madbull 455mm tightbore

Gearbox running at 1 Joule-ish with a silent head kit

Very good for playing sneaky buggers with. :D

Buy the CA AUG A1. You won't regret it.

Attaching one scope on top of another is easy - just get some figure-8 shape clamps that fit. Y'know, the kind for attaching a tac-light to your barrel or what-have-you.

Just look at the picture in detail - that's what stunt has done, I believe

img1348dc2.jpg

Classic Army AUG A2

3-9 x 40mm Illuminated Crosshair Scope

Stock Internals

I love it, with the scope zeroed in now I can hit a coke can every shot from about 45 feet with these good quality .23's I have. Excellent gun. :)

Also, where can I buy the transparent brown magazines that the Tokyo Marui AUG's come with? Are those just the standard TM AUG Magazine color? And... is the birdcage flash hider that evike sells worth buying? After all I do want to be able to always have the option of putting on/ taking orange off the flash hider. (I guess I just answered my own question)

Edited by AirsoftCollector

The "birdcage" flash excluder is the correct one to have on the AUG A2. The stock flash excluder supplied with TM and CA AUG A1 and A2 is the A1 version.

As for the other magazines, TM magazines are 100% compatible with the CA AUG, so just go ahead and get yourself as many as you want/need. I recommend going with the standard mags, because the high-caps are rubbish and prone to feed problems.

Personally, I think that scope is a bit extreme for the standard assault-rifle version of the AUG - but I've gotta admit it looks the business! (It looks like you've got it mounted sideways, though, you should have an adjustment turret at the top and on the right, whereas you've got one on the top and on the left. Unless it's a special left-handed scope??)

Yeah, I'm going to order the birdcage flash hider.

The scope is mounted correctly, it has the adjustment on top and right, the knob on the left is the red/green illumination brightness adjustment knob.

Also, yes I think it is a bit overkill, id like it more with 2x, but I think that AUG civ's look better with fat scopes... im torn. although I may upgrade the internals to 400fps, and give it a nice 550mm or 600mm tightbore, and a barrel extension to make it more appropriate.

Edited by AirsoftCollector
The "birdcage" flash excluder is the correct one to have on the AUG A2. The stock flash excluder supplied with TM and CA AUG A1 and A2 is the A1 version.

Except the Classic Army AUG "A2" isn't even an A2 at all...

I've actually seen a few real A1 20" barreled AUGs with the birdcage flash suppressor.

• 4 weeks later...
AUG Mils are so much cooler than AUG Civilians.

I know this is old, but I want to make sure this is cover, yes the AUG A1 "Military version owns the AUG Z - which is the civilian version, but the AUG A2 is better than the "Mil" because it is so versatile, and now the AUG A3 is the best.

When I first got my AUG 2 years ago:

foregrip90.jpg

The latest AUG from 6 months ago, after I got rid of my vert grip:

d4d888ef.jpg

My arsenal, both TM's the revolver is a Marushin 6mm .44 magnum 629 Specual:

81addcf4.jpg

Barrel comparison:

Barreloutcomparo.jpg

Gearbox:

PICT0357-1.jpg

AUG inner barrel on G36c:

IMGP0418.jpg

Know your rifle:

PICT0096.jpg

Edited by AirForcePR09

Apparently there's confusion between the AUG A1, A2, and Z/USR...

AUG A1. Note squarish charging handle, and the scope (or rail on the Special Receiver model) are permanently attached to the receiver.

AUG A2. Note that the scope/rail is detachable from the receiver. It also has a differently shaped charging handle (which you can't see in the picture).

USR/AUG Z. Pretty self explanitory there...

You'll also notice that the A1 and A2 have different flash excluders.

Presumably the "thumbhole stock" on that USR/AUG Z is to get around US gun laws banning 'assault weapons' as defined by having a pistol grip, whereas a thumbhole stock turns any military firearms from an 'assault weapon' into a perfectly innocent and harmeless civilian rifle.... :blink: