Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the really useful way their product descriptions are just the titles written again. Why can't airsoft online retailers have really good descriptions of their products? It's not like you're in the shop and can look at it for yourself...

By the look of it, the first one is just the standard AUG barrel made from stainless steel instead of Marui's monkey metal. Possibly useful, if you need one. The second one is the misnamed "police carbine" short barrel with the A2-style flash excluder (identical to the one I bought from them a while back for Project AUG) and the third one is just a stronger outer barrel of the kind you get with the M203 adaptor kits - apparently Matrix makes the adaptor kit and makes you buy the stronger outer barrel separately instead of just including it in the kit. Nice of them.

Edited by Hedganian
Love the really useful way their product descriptions are just the titles written again. Why can't airsoft online retailers have really good descriptions of their products? It's not like you're in the shop and can look at it for yourself...

By the look of it, the first one is just the standard AUG barrel made from stainless steel instead of Marui's monkey metal. Possibly useful, if you need one. The second one is the misnamed "police carbine" short barrel with the A2-style flash excluder (identical to the one I bought from them a while back for Project AUG) and the third one is just a stronger outer barrel of the kind you get with the M203 adaptor kits - apparently Matrix makes the adaptor kit and makes you buy the stronger outer barrel separately instead of just including it in the kit. Nice of them.

Whats the required inner barrel on the "Police Carbine" barrel. And I'm assuming that this Item is basically the same thing Minus the flash hider.

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...-CQB-AUG/Detail

While not planning as an extensive project as your's I'm planning on three barrel lengths ready to go. Standard, H-Bar and a one of the short Barreled designs.

Edited by Lost in the West

Sorry to ask a question in a picture thread, but the correct answer will result in a nice little JG Aug picture :) How do you adjust the motor height? I am currently upgrading the gearbox with an element x25m spring, element bushings, element spring guide and element 200% torque gears but the gearbox does not wind properly. Somebody said it could be the motor height but a can’t figure it out. The JG is a TM copy so the adjustment should be the same. Again sorry to ask a question in the picture thread!

Element upgrade parts are pure trash. Id rather throw my money out the window, then buying their parts. :waggle:

FastWinston, since your from norway, take a look at theese danish reviews:

http://www.airsoftzone.dk/community/viewto...ghlight=element

Edited by Lusingando
Element upgrade parts are pure trash. Id rather throw my money out the window, then buying their parts.  :waggle:

FastWinston, since your from norway, take a look at theese danish reviews:

Oh, yes, so all of the myriad ELEMENT parts I've used were utter trash? The 20 or so guns I've upgraded with ELEMENT parts are all trash too?

HURRAH FOR SWEEPING GENERALIZATIONS BASED ON A FEW ISOLATED EVENTS.

yay :P , got it working with all element parts minus the beefy spring. I am going to go with this setup for I while until I feel the need for sniping, and need to put the new spring in. Also I messed about with the allen screw at the bottom of the motor cage, is that the motor height adjustment-thingy, because it didn’t seem to matter if it was all the way up or down?

Yes that may be, but I also think that tinkering with the motor height had something to do with it, because I also tried both the stock and the CA spring before but nothing changed (i.e. the gearbox locked up). So I guess the only thing I did different now was the motor height (and maybe less shimming), and I have never heard of a china AEG motor not being capable of pulling a high fps spring, but maybe someone can enlighten me? :D

Edited by FastWinston

Um, Trolls suck? Lol. Aaand here's a quote from Darklite!

HURRAH FOR SWEEPING GENERALIZATIONS BASED ON A FEW ISOLATED EVENTS.

One of my buddies has a guarder M120 in his M16A4, perhaps it's just a bad shim job, or, like you said, a motor height issue.

Edited by Sturaiku

YOU suck. :P

It's not that china motors suck, they just have sub-par quality control. Maybe things have changed since the first or second gen chinese guns, but my UTG MP5's motor would never be able to pull the M120 I put in it.

And about generalizations.... if more people say one thing rather than another, don't you think that might be more of an average than a generalization? <_< Just a thought.

Its QC problems with china stuff.

Theoretically they (motors) can pull the hard stuff, but a lot of them still do burn out or aren't wound properly to even pull stock springs for long. They'll get better at it, definitely, but so will the price.

Anyhow, more on the mill-your-own H-bar, it's not all that costly to have a front set machined from scratch aluminum stock. It would be expensive to have the whole barrel assembly made, but you could always go the barrel extender route ala Guarder RPK.

It's not that china motors suck, they just have sub-par quality control.  Maybe things have changed since the first or second gen chinese guns, but my UTG MP5's motor would never be able to pull the M120 I put in it.

And about generalizations.... if more people say one thing rather than another, don't you think that might be more of an average than a generalization? <_< Just a thought.

You have an old clone, doesn't mean newer clones out there aren't as crappy as yours. I seem to see a lot of people owning cloned AEGs and praising them rather than complaining. Just a thought.

In any case, lets just drop this.

Edited by Sturaiku