Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donut - I'm sure we'd all appreciate a how-to guide to that 9mm mag conversion, with pics and so on.

I don't think anyone makes the AUG 9mm vented barrel, though, much less the gas port-less foregrip block (obviously, the AUG 9mm carbine doesn't have the same gas parts as the 5.56mm assault rifle as it works on completely different principles).

AUG 9mm

The Real Steel AUG 9mm Carbine looks like this:

AUG_9mm_03.jpg

That being the A2 version, judging from the cocking handle.

The slightly wider part of the barrel, just in front of the foregrip block seems to be threaded, presumably for a silencer. The upper part of the barrel itself seems to be vented in a recoil-compensator affair.

Edited by Hedganian

I'll post up a guide soon.

Well, finally got the thing to feed right (I hope)

I am debating if I should do the details, mostly the barrel, since I want it to also go back to the 5.56 version.

I guess I'll have to see what the consensus of the board is, since I'm doing this mainly to sell it :P

My AUG is nearly finished now. CobaltSky seemed to have some interesting ideas a few pages back so I might be nicking those if its OK with him :D The battery pack was a pain to fit. Wasn't quite big enough for a 9.6V large so I had to make some modifications involving super glue. Awesome ROF now.

AUG-OD_03.jpg

AUG-OD_02.jpg

AUG-OD_01.jpg

Comparison to M14

AUG-M14_comparison.jpg

I'm just waiting on a new scope and foregrip.

I'll post up a guide soon.

Well, finally got the thing to feed right (I hope)

I am debating if I should do the details, mostly the barrel, since I want it to also go back to the 5.56 version.

I guess I'll have to see what the consensus of the board is, since I'm doing this mainly to sell it :P

That's the point of having more barrels - makes changing from one option to the other a simple matter.

If you can get it looking right for the 9mm version, I'll buy it. :)

The carbine is the hardest part of Project AUG, so this would be an excellent opportunity for me to complete the collection...

nice battery pouch, is it homemade?

Nope. Its from ehobby asia here. I was just browsing around and it looked like an excellent way of shoehorning a massive battery onto an AUG without a battery sling. I dimensioned it using photoshop but it wasn't quite as big as I thought, hence the modifications required, an 8.4V large would be a prefect fit though.

aug2xreddotlaucherflashud9.png

Got a homemade m203(which is what the duct tape is for), ultrafire flashlight, 2x red dot(don't know brand) which seems like 1.5 or so actually, it's got a wide angled lens. I took off the grip because it was weak, I never used it, and it got in the way of the flashlight.

Scope looks like its modelled after the low magnification tasco sights like this sort of thing. Which is what I'm getting soon as I think the rail hugging look works better on an AUG than a normal scope with mount rings. I'm also going to be removing my grip because it wobbles too much for my liking, but I'm going to replace it with a barrel mounted grippod.

Doopy: AUG...pretty nice setup there. Really like the scope/flashlight combo. ^_^ The grenade launcher just doesn't do it for me, though.

-Vic

Yeah I thought about the fact that it's butt ugly and kills any chance of the gun being pretty, and then I remembered how awesome it is to shoot and m203, and then imagined clearing a room with it.

Donut:

That barrel looks halfway right, actually.

Any chance of added the compensator vents to the top of the barrel, and the threads for what I assume is an optional silencer to the rearward section of the barrel? Or is that too fiddly?

What FPS do you get out of it, and what length inner barrel did you use for the 9mm version?

Please post up a complete guide to how you did it.

Posted in the sale thread. I really can't afford this now, but... Curse you.

Edited by Hedganian
Donut:

That barrel looks halfway right, actually.

Any chance of added the compensator vents to the top of the barrel, and the threads for what I assume is an optional silencer to the rearward section of the barrel? Or is that too fiddly?

What FPS do you get out of it, and what length inner barrel did you use for the 9mm version?

Please post up a complete guide to how you did it.

Posted in the sale thread. I really can't afford this now, but... Curse you.

Hehe, well, I'll need some more pictures about the vents, but weren't the vents removed from the newer versions of the kit?

And I might add threads, or I'd have to make a custom silencer for it.

FPS is about 1 joule or so, it was shooting hotter at around 350 before with the full barrel, but after I cut it down it seemed to have mellowed down a bit. And yes, it was cut down, but I think it's around a M4 length barrel? I'll have to check once I get home.

And yes, I'll work on a guide soon. Actually, I'm thinking of making another one, and doing a step by step guide of that, except this time, I'll try to make this a straight drop in kit, so I won't need to sell entire AUG's.

Edited by Donut