Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AUG'ers unite!

Look in the news section,there is a faint hope that JG might build three guns of our desires... AUG A3, Tavor and Sterling being the front runners at the moment. Out of those the only bits JG need to build properly is the A3 bit, compared to the complete scratch builds of the other two... so, you want an A3, let them know!

Course it might turn out to be utter tosh, but hey, its worth a try!

Urgh. I love my AUG, but my misfeeding's been getting worse and worse- especially when I swapped barrels to CQB. Just ordered a G&P metal Hopup and an 'Iph San' (spelling?) metal feed nozzle.

Any other suggestions?

I suggest you look in the Steyr AUG FAQ and Helpdesk thread. That's what it's there for. This thread is for pictures.

I suggest you look in the Steyr AUG FAQ and Helpdesk thread. That's what it's there for. This thread is for pictures.

Looking there. It still doesn't hurt to ask, especially as the search feature seems to hate my computer- and even so, I can't search for anything with 3 letters or less ("AUG", STEYR brought up a hilarious amount of stuff).

Either way, I'll balance it out with pictures. There seems to be a lot of technical questions in this thread, I truly don't see what's wrong with one.

DSCN0769.jpg

Project AUG as of 10 minutes ago- there's a short barrel with an Armalite flash hider, with a Gemtech HALO over it (covering a stock-length tightbore).

Any chance you're selling that AUG civvie receiver anytime soon, Hedganian?

I just took a piece off my AUG that you've been looking for for a long time, and am debating selling it- you should be able to tell what by looking at the picture above. You're first in line in case I decide to.

Edited by Bob the Angry Potato

There are many technical posts in this thread, it's true. Doesn't mean they belong here. Regardless of the spam issue, however, I was pointing out a resource for you to consult to get the information you were asking for.

Given that I went to the time and effort of setting up a thread which is likely to contain the answers you're looking for, it would be great to see more people actually using it.

Might see if I can get a friendly Mod to make it sticky or something, so it doesn't keep getting lost in the Technical Discussion section.

EDIT: Yeah, I've got a civvy receiver I could part with... I'll post up in the For Sale section.

EDIT: Parts now listed here

Edited by Hedganian
There are many technical posts in this thread, it's true. Doesn't mean they belong here. Regardless of the spam issue, however, I was pointing out a resource for you to consult to get the information you were asking for.

Given that I went to the time and effort of setting up a thread which is likely to contain the answers you're looking for, it would be great to see more people actually using it.

Might see if I can get a friendly Mod to make it sticky or something, so it doesn't keep getting lost in the Technical Discussion section.

EDIT: Yeah, I've got a civvy receiver I could part with... I'll post up in the For Sale section.

EDIT: Parts now listed here

First I'd seen of it. Thanks, I suppose, the search feature didn't bring it up.

Either way, you up for a trade for that receiver? I'll PM you in a bit, don't exactly have much cash on hand at the moment.

Well, In a fit of boredom I finished assembling the H-Bar... still cosmetic atm as I've got not inner barel for it, but aside from that all is dandy (well, that ans I have to fix one of the locks on the bipod...). I even resprayed my sadly neglected (since I got the CA) TM AUG for the occasion!

DSCF2915.jpg

DSCF2883.jpg

DSCF2890.jpg

DSCF2897.jpg

There's the finished charging handle. Just waiting for resin and silicone to come through so I can make more. Might be a couple of weeks...

Looking good, Tread. From the pic, looks like you've done a good job of matching the colour on that cocking handle.

When can I get some? ;)

Cheers and lol... It's sprayed in the same olive krylon as the rest of the gun! ;) I haven't been able to cast any as yet due to lack of materials... give me a couple of weeks...

And yes, it's stupidly front heavy (no monkey metal in that kit!) but so fantastically right!!!