Aug Picture Thread

If I constantly post "Aug A3=Fail" or "H-Bar = Fail" everytime someone posts it, what would that accomplish? Better yet, everytime you post a gun, if I post "YOUR AUGS = Fail", what would that accomplish?

For someone being the "King of Augs" and not being able to correctly identify a Cyber Aug from a Phantom kit, you need to do some reading up on.

Since there is no real steel Phantom AUG, there's nothing to read up on, nor am I interested in doing so. Oh, and the AUG A3 is a monumental fail of epic proportions, so feel free to say that as much as you like. What it would accomplish would be you expressing your opinion in a thread for that purpose. Which you're free to do, just as I am, and everyone else here is. And everyone else is free to agree or disagree with you as they see fit.

As I said before, if you've got a problem, take it to PM and stop dragging to thread off topic.

I've been building and using AUGs before he started airsoft (ask the cleaner and other OG's) but I dont go around claiming to be "King of Anything".

I don't see you giving out advice based on your many years of experience to everyone and his dog who asks you about the AUG. Nor setting up a thread in the Tech forum to try to help people with their AUGs, either. But yeah, it must just be me trying to big myself up on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

To settle the matter, the King of AUGs thing is an in-joke between a few users and myself. Which may have been taken a little too far, perhaps, but I'm damned if I'll change my subtitle, Sig and Avatar to please you guys.

As for the rest, well, this pic from the Motivational Posters thread pretty much sums it up, I reckon:

2253819697_2ac0a777d4_o.jpg

EDIT: TO avoid the inevitable charge of spamming the thread, here are some pics of TRUE fail in the AUG department...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you.... *Drum rolls* The Abomination:

2060225099_022129048c_b.jpg

2061007262_10820aa22a_b.jpg

Horrible, isn't it? Although I'm sure someone on this forum will say how great they think it is. Which is fine.

That's what you get when you go to a fly-by-night cowboy and ask for an AUG H-Bar. It's just wrong in every way, I'm sure the idiot who built it had never even seen an AUG H-Bar. There barrel is too long, the flash excluder is the wrong shape and size, there's no bipod... Didn't even have an extended inner barrel.

Total waste of space. Sold it ages ago on another forum, think someone either used it as a base for another project or as some kind of sniper conversion.

EDIT Again: Oh, by the way, Rugrat - like the scope you put on that phantom of yours. Looks good. What's with the lack of foregrip through? Sticking one of the green "AK" folding grips on that bit of RIS could only improve handling and stability...?

Edited by Hedganian
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there is no real steel Phantom AUG, there's nothing to read up on, nor am I interested in doing so. Oh, and the AUG A3 is a monumental fail of epic proportions, so feel free to say that as much as you like. What it would accomplish would be you expressing your opinion in a thread for that purpose. Which you're free to do, just as I am, and everyone else here is. And everyone else is free to agree or disagree with you as they see fit.

As I said before, if you've got a problem, take it to PM and stop dragging to thread off topic.

I don't see you giving out advice based on your many years of experience to everyone and his dog who asks you about the AUG. Nor setting up a thread in the Tech forum to try to help people with their AUGs, either. But yeah, it must just be me trying to big myself up on an internet forum. :rolleyes:

To settle the matter, the King of AUGs thing is an in-joke between a few users and myself. Which may have been taken a little too far, perhaps, but I'm damned if I'll change my subtitle, Sig and Avatar to please you guys.

That's my point. A phantom kit and a Cyber kit isn't the same. I'm pretty sure if I called an A3 an A1 I would be flamed. Just because it has an integrated silencer front doesn't automatically make it a Phantom. There's Shadow, Square, Basic, etc. Read up before you knock something down. Gunfighters808 posted that his aug was a Cyber, not a phantom. You couldn't even comprehend that since your so wrecklessly ignorant to these things.

Just because you can be an *beep* on a thread doesn't mean you should. There is such a thing as forum etiquette.

And in defense of Hades, what does having to post a tech article have to do with anything? Just because you posted a "Help Desk" full of general-recycled knowledge doesn't mean anything. I could have easily posted all that info back from the ASZ days in 1999 and all it would mean is that i'm recycling things from 8-9 years ago. What has Hades done? He's posted alot of stuff that was lost before Arnies made the server switchover back in 2004. How about manufacturing a part? Hmm...

Tread-

To kinda keep this thread on topic... AUG's. I have absolutely no quarrel people using a H-Bar as intended BUT the "PSG" part of that comment is the technical flaw UNLESS it is done in a certain way. :o

Hedge

I got that motivational Poster Beat....just for your collection

post-958-1208489441_thumb.jpg

If you haven't seen me give advice out, you haven't been here long enough. Simply said. Fine you made a decent NEWB FAQ, *claps* what else you expect? Congrats. I help AS NEEDED/REQUESTED not so I can write a thread to inflate my Ego. I'm not expecting you to change anything in your avatar nor the sig nor do I care how that "joke" came about.

The fact that you Burn on peoples AUGs is simply put just bad form which is what caused this and the fact that some people just got fed up and opened their mouth is the end result of this topic derail.

If you want to speak to me any further PM me, I'm not gonna 55hit on this thread anymore.

Back on topic....

Well after a bout of temporary insanity, where I sold over half my AUG collection and then after recovery I had to buy some bits back*, I'm working on a new AUG project, nothing special but when I post pics I reckon it'll make a little bit of sick come up into Hedgies mouth :D

Guys, love your AUGs! Treat anyone elses opinion, whether positive or negative as just that. Opinion. Take in what you find useful and shrug at anything else.

*thanks Treads

The Steyr AUG A3 was a required step for the platform.

Lack of rail space had made the A1 and A2 an outdated firearm. Furthermore, the lack of a top rail long enough to make Back Up Iron Sights (BUIS) practical was a serious turn off to many military and law enforcement who are not crazy about placing all their faith in a optic or holosight. In addition, with the A2's short top rail you couldn't put a holographic sight on it and co-witness it with BUIS or add a 3x or 4x magnification optic, which make real steal shots at distance difficult. IR laser devices and lights are all very popular right now and if you don't have a firearm that can accept those things you're going to find yourself left behind as a company.

The A3 still has a barrel and modularity that requires no tools and can easily accept a detachable gernade launcher now as well. Even with the addition of a front rail the A3 still balances better than a traditional front heavy non-bullpup rifle. The A3 also comes in three different configuration: 1) the Marksman; 2) the Standard; and 3) the Commando. I'd also like to point out that the real steal A3 unlike the A1 and A2 has a bolt release and this allows the shooter to reload the firearm much faster as he or she no longer has to touch the charging handle after they have fired their first mag and the bolt holds open. As many here may have read or experienced bullpups can be slower to reload than say a non-bullpup like the M4 and the addition of the bolt release really helps make for an equal playing field. So, while some may have their own subjective belief that the AUG A3 is ugly or "fail" (whatever that means) it is a very well thought out rifle. I had the opportunity to both see up close and hold an A3 in the Standard and Marksman configuration at SHOT Show 2006 and was very impressed.

If your goal in airsoft is to simulate real world combat then you would do well to carry the A3.

Edited by MinisterofDeath
If your goal in airsoft is to simulate real world combat then you would do well to carry the A3.

Except nobody in the real world does! ;)

Agreed, it's a must for the RIS junkies who like to hang all sorts of paraphernalia on the front of their guns, me, I'll still give it a miss I think...

Except nobody in the real world does! ;)

Agreed, it's a must for the RIS junkies who like to hang all sorts of paraphernalia on the front of their guns, me, I'll still give it a miss I think...

Steyr AUG A1 came out in 1977 and wasn't adopted outside of Austria until by Australia in 1985. Ireland didn't adopt the Steyr AUG until 1988. The Steyr AUG A3 just came out and Austria is currently unable to purchase a new infantry rifle due to political reasons.

The A3 is the future folks.

BUIS is a must.

Rail space is a must.

Rifles that lack either will not have a future.

For those die hard fans of the A1 or A2 version I suggest looking at the A3 "Commando" configuration. There are afterall three different configurations to the A3 the "Commando, Standard, and Marksman." The pictures most people post are of the "Standard" with its 18" barrel and full rail system.

Edited by MinisterofDeath

And why should any airsofter care what the future is?

That would mean those chaps running around in WW2 battledress with Thompsons + Garands are totally wrong no?

If I chose to carry a rifle that is considered old what of it?

When I'm not using my HBAR I carry a G3 with german flecktarn gear, should I be instantly abandoning that simply because the G36 is the modern "way of the future" german rifle?

Edited by Nicoli
Yeah, but if your goal in airsoft is to carry a weapon that looks good, then stay away from the AUG A3.

can you stop being a *male-chicken* for like a day at least.

its all a matter of opinion, i like the look of the A3, i like the look of the HBAR, i like the look of the A2 and the A1 and i like the Phantom,

just because you do not like something, dosent mean everyone has to follow you,

why are you "the king of augs" anyway?

can you stop being a *male-chicken* for like a day at least.

its all a matter of opinion, i like the look of the A3, i like the look of the HBAR, i like the look of the A2 and the A1 and i like the Phantom,

just because you do not like something, dosent mean everyone has to follow you,

why are you "the king of augs" anyway?

It's a quote from a guy on this forum who dubbed hedganian "king of augs"

Parsley: Read from page 50, post #982 till page 51, post #1003. If you want to go further than that, go back a few pages and you'll see even more. Read it so you don't ignite a fire that was almost put out ;)

On the subject of your pic that you posted, WTF! Looks like someone ran out of parts to make an aug and substituted the body with a PVC pipe!