Aug Picture Thread

Why on earth buy Marui AUG, when you can get CA AUG? 7mm improved box, ect. ect... Istead of 6mm Nylon bushing, yak. :(

Because they aren't available in Japan. Copyright law and all that. TM are pretty much the only manufacturer you can get. Other companies import bodykits and part IIRC but complete AEGs infringe on the patents that TM has in Japan. They are taking out international patents on some of their newer models as well now, but I doubt that'll stop the Chinese.

I've got my AUG updated (finally) so I'll put pics up as soon as I can find my digicam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I`ve got Marui aug sr, with boomarms hbar-kit, and then i wanted a longer inner barrel on it. But i heard that it won`t be possible to fit 650mm inner barrel on it because of the pistonsuck. But i saw that Hedganian has 650mm inner barrel on his aug. What kind of cylinder i need to get the right performance for 650mm barrel. Please link to the wgc or redwolf.

Ps. Sorry my bad english!

Oh, i forgot to put a picture of my aug at my previous message. So here it is, i think it looks little strange of a hbar, because it has black stock, and railed receiver. I think the a1 receiver looks better, maybe i`m going to buy it on the future. The front grib is broken, but i ordered steel grip cath from wgc. I think i will spray it with od-color, to get some a1 look on it. http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/Ok...nt=DSCN1183.jpg

I didn`t found the "edit" option from my last message, so i made a new one.

Edited by Oksennus
Hi! I`ve got Marui aug sr, with boomarms hbar-kit, and then i wanted a longer inner barrel on it. But i heard that it won`t be possible to fit 650mm inner barrel on it because of the pistonsuck. But i saw that Hedganian has 650mm inner barrel on his aug. What kind of cylinder i need to get the right performance for 650mm barrel. Please link to the wgc or redwolf.

Ps. Sorry my bad english!

I use the same stock and gearbox for all barrels. This gearbox has had pretty much all the parts replaced, piston, piston head, gears, spring, bushings, tappet, air nozzle, etc. It produces 330fps with a 6.04mm 509mm long inner barrel. With the H-bar's 650mm barrel, it gives a muzzle velocity of approx 350fps. While this velocity is of debatable legality in the UK, I don't find it unreasonable for a support weapon, and when using the H-Bar I normally limit myself to a 10m minimum engagement range to account for the higher muzzle velocity.

If you wanted to get more velocity from the H-Bar, you may need a vented piston, but this could affect performance with a shorter barrel. If you don't have a shorter barrel, then it won't be an issue. I recommend having your local gunsmith upgrade the gearbox and associated parts to tune it to the muzzle velocity you require. Afraid I can't advise on the precise upgrades to get if you want to do it yourself. Stunt might be able to.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help! In Finland we have the largest allowed velocity for aeg is 415fps with 0.2g bb. I think i will buy jg aug military, because it looks cooler than sr-version. So, i will buy normal ftu on it, and m110, or m120 spring. But i stop speaking from inner barrels, because this topic is for pictures. ;)

Always nice to see people following my trends. :)

But I think my Masterkey looks better.

OFFENSIVE IMAGE REMOVED

Looks like you're trying to compensate for your gf leaving you by flexing your e-peen, trying to 1 up people, and overall put people down. I can see through your bs.

Bloodsword: I'm not so uptight and can see the humor. Nice change of pace to the usual of and black.

Donut: gotta love the ghetto tech!

Edited by Stealthbomber
Looks like you're trying to compensate for your gf leaving you by flexing your e-peen, trying to 1 up people, and overall put people down. I can see through your bs.

Bloodsword: I'm not so uptight and can see the humor. Nice change of pace to the usual of and black.

Donut: gotta love the ghetto tech!

Unless there is some unknown past history between the two of you, I think you misunderstand his banter with Donut as egotistical posturing. From what I understand, he has differed to Donut's technical experience with his various hack-jobs a number of times, even does it in the thread he has linked in his signature.

And, he is posting an AUG picture in the AUG thread.

OFFENSIVE IMAGE REMOVED

OK, first thing: That image just won you a 3 day holiday to anywhere except Arnies. :waggle:

Second thing is that you seem to be needlessly antagonistic toward Hedganian. That stops now. :mellow:

I don't have any problem at all with people disagreeing, even to the point of argument, but personal insults are unacceptable and will NOT be tolerated.

Debate your POV all you want but keep it civil and respectful.

One of my pet hates is people who simply criticise others while, at the same time, not actually putting their own work or ideas or POV out there for comparison.

It's very easy to simply post "dat am suxx0rz, dood!!!" without actually offering any alternatives. Fortunately, it's also a good way to get banned from here so we don't have to put up with people like that for very long.

Read the forum rules, be respectful and play nice.

You dont have a sense of humour do you? :o I meant the gun, not the background. As most the these AUGs are black or OD.

As it happens, I do have a sense of humour - do you? :rolleyes:

Notice the little winky smiley at the end of my post you replied to? Guess not. Common internet convention holds that a sentence followed by an emoticon is intended to be read as amusing, sarcastic, wry, humourous or other non-serious manner. Look again at the picture - there's not a lot of colour there, is there? Very muted tones, if you squint a bit it COULD almost be a black and white photograph.

Hope that clears it up for you.

As NegativeCambre pointed out, quite accurately, Donut and I have an excellent relationship and mutual respect (at least, as far as I know) and I'm buying an example of his 9mm AUG mag conversion kit from him, since he did so much better than I could do on it. How other people choose to interpret my conversation with him is up to them.

Evo - not even worth bothering with. You're a very angry man, for some reason.

Anyway, in honour of my AUG finally coming back from the shop and *fingers crossed* working fine from now on, here's a (probably reposted) pic of it, with tac-light and H-Bar barrel off to one side there. Enjoy.

2061004646_72007a144f_b.jpg

Isn't she pretty? :wub:

Edited by Hedganian

Back on here after a 3 day vacation away form this forum, tickets courtesy of Stealthbomber

Stealthbomber:Replied via PM a few days ago.

Hedganian: Mods maybe biased against me and biased towards you but my message is clear. "Play nice", it's simple enough and people won't retaliate against you. To see what I mean, check the backing from people page 50-51.

To add to the thread, here's a pretty cool pic I restumbled upon while looking at older articles from when AA was in it's prime, and not in decay like it is now.

comp_length.jpg

Note, it's a phantom and shadow aug. To those who are arrogant enough to think it's the same thing, there's a difference between the two. This is something that some of you arrogant fools failed to see or acknowledge a few pages back in the thread.

Mods maybe biased against me and biased towards you

CONSPIRACY!! <_<

To those who are arrogant enough to think it's the same thing, there's a difference between the two. This is something that some of you arrogant fools failed to see or acknowledge a few pages back in the thread.

Wasn't there a comment made just now about playing nice? Don't you just love hypocrites