Aug Picture Thread

I'm a complete airsoft nub. So I don't really have much to compare it to. But it seems to work pretty well. It has never fallen off on me or come loose.

At the far end of each strip there is a locking piece. Basically the little rectangle in the middle of it is hinged. When you close it it sticks into your rail, holding the rest of it in place.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you rate them? I was going to get one for my M14 Socom but there a bit pricey. i dont mind if there worth it tho!

Again I'm a complete noob when it comes to airsoft. I haven't got to skirmish with it yet, due to the lack of sites around my area. But there is a club opening soon, so I will get to see how it performs.

What I do know is, that it takes one AA battery to use the illumination. It says the battery needs to be 1.5v for it to work. But I have tried the standard non rechargeable AA batteries (1.5v) and they dont work. Neither do any of my rechargeable ones (1.2v). It comes with 1x 3v AA battery, but I dont know what Ill do once that runs out. Its probably not a big issue, just something to bear in mind.

My understanding of eye relief is probably completely wrong. But unzoomed you can be up to 6" away from the lens and still get a full and clear picture. Fully zoomed its about 2.5".

It seems like they put some decent lenses into it, as the image comes through pretty sharp. Though one of mine has a black "thing" on it that seems to be a permanant fixture. Its not that big of a deal it doesnt get in the way too much. My illuminated lens (The one with the reticle on it) has a load of dust on it, which is more than likely my own fault. Kinda annoying because the dust illuminates aswell.

I cant really say too much more about it until I get to try it at a skirmish. I have a feeling it will preform pretty well, though you are totally blinkered when using it. Id say you would need people to cover your 6 (Aswell as 3 and 9 lol) as you pick the opposing team off at range.

Not sure why you'd shorten the barrel on a DMR, but hey. Interesting job on the bipod mount.

Because it's an all round gun (bipod comes off obviously) so a shorter barrel is more convenient.

I've still got the same length inner barrel though, as it runs through the silencer.

- CapaciousZepher

• 2 weeks later...

Have you read through the entire thread? Because there are several pics of the A3esque AUG in here. The most recent one is here (only about 15 posts ago, the one before that is here (about 30 posts ago).

Or would you like us to repost them every few pages to save you having to look back a bit? <_<

Edited by Hedganian
I actually noticed the few that were back there but I was wondering if there were more people owned and hadn't posted. Sorry for the trouble :mellow:

It's no trouble. There are more pics further back in the thread - this thread goes back to before the Action RAS kit came out - I didn't have time to go back and find them all for you (I was at work at the time, and my bosses don't like me using teh interwebs :rolleyes: )

There probably are people out there who have the A3esque and haven't posted a pic of it. To keep you going, here's a repost of mine:

2060225199_e51bd5904a_o.jpg

2060225305_bc256f86fc_o.jpg

2061007760_b034bd4815_o.jpg

i was looking for a new aeg my criteria was: Bullpup, STANAG Mags - which initially ruled the AUG out but then i saw in the last few pages a few of the AUGs with the STANAG mags does any one have any tutorial/guide on how to do that?

cause if its an easy thing to do then im gonna hop off and buy one and mod it

• 2 weeks later...

I realised that I didn't actually have a picture of the AUG in "Carbine" mode, which is the second-shortest barrel configuration. So, I quickly snapped a pic, here you go:

3451379962_5d57d97a94_o.jpg

Once the 9mm is finished, Project AUG will be complete!

Edited by Hedganian