Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the offer Hedganian but I have a jg military stock on the way. Will get a pick of my Aug family when it arrives. Just trying to integrate a civ receiver into the collection but I cant stand the way it looks!

thewallhitme- All the military models Ive used have good scopes. I find 1.5x perfect for airsoft. Dont let that put you off getting an Aug.

Edited by Evert 72

The CA scope on Project AUG is fine, no problems at all. Nice crisp image, good, well-centred crosshairs (not wonky ones like some cheapsoft scopes have), adjustment turrets work as advertised, backup iron sights even work okay.

The old TM ones had a 2x scope, not a 1.5x, I don't know what the JG has in it.

hey guys, sorry to but in, but whats the image quality like through the 1.5 scopes on the military models? im quite interested in doing an aussie loadout (got given some auscam and it inspired me).

Well, I've got both the TM and CA scopes, but can't comment on the JG....

The CA has a 1.5x magnification and the image quality is crystal clear. The eye relief is barely acceptable and unless you've got the gun shouldered properly you won't get a proper view. This is as much down to the diameter of the scope as anything else, and the CA scope performs about as well as the RS version in this respect (from what I remember of handling a real AUG).

The TM has got higher 2x magnification. But the quality of the lenses is obviously poorer as the image isn't terribly sharply resolved. Due to the higher magnification and poorer lenses, they eye relief is extremely poor and it can be difficult to sight with it, even is shouldering the gun correctly.

Also. is anyone doing an AUG A2 style charging handle?

Yes, I've got a master for one made (look back through my pics in this thread), but sporadic employment means I can't afford the materials to make a mould and cast them....

Edited by Treadhead

Nope, it won't take AUG mags any more, I could probably put it back the wat it was originally though - But if I'd wanted to do keep that as an option, I wouldn't have plastic welded in the new sides of the magwell...

The loading nozzle is a temp until I can get on a lather and make a metal one - I just bodged the end of a loading tube to lengthen the nozzle.

Btw, this gun has a microswitch trigger controlling a mosfet in place of it's usual trigger mech (well it will do when Stunt sorts out the box - the electronics are his job...). I had to remove the gearbox's trigger mech and the trigger bars to make room for the internal mag catch. Without that cubic inch or so of space there'd be no way to make the existing mag release work the AR style catch...

I'll post a guide before too long...

Looks okay with that short mag.

I have to agree, the VN mags look much nicer in there... I'd love to try it with one of the experimental straight 40 round mags from the sixties...

Edited by Treadhead
How does the electronic trigger perform? Is it an "upgrade" worth considering for my AUG, which is currently in the clutches of Doc having its insides redone (again)?

You'd really have to ask Stunt about that one - it was how he'd set up the donor gun I used and he wanted it kept that way...

Here's the microswitch mounted to the trigger mech, you can just make out the screw on the top limiting the pull of the trigger.... It's a very simple system with a simple on/off switch intended to drive a full auto only gearbox...

DSCF8988.jpg

I'm no electronics whizz, but I'm sure someone so inclined could come up with an electronic two stage trigger...

Hello all,

I'm just about to buy an Aug and have been looking around for stuff I can do with it. I found quite a few people saying that an internally silenced Aug is one of the quietest aegs in airsoft. After searching for a guide on how to do this the only one I could find was on a website that has been down since 2006. Here it is: Magic time travel...

Fairly simple but it's always useful to have a guide. I'll be posting pics of my Aug when I get it :)