Aug Picture Thread

Looking good Evert...

Have you lot seen this page? It's a brilliant set of AUG reference pics....

Also, does anyone have the dimensions of the 9mm barrel? I'm gonna get a chance to do a bit of lathe-ing at the the weekend and I reckon I may as well make one while I've got the chance...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mattmanic- Done some foam silencing around the GB's of my augs. Doesn’t make much difference to the volume in my experience. Probably worth doing if you want a “silent” set-up though. I found it too much effort but then I am constantly taking the gearbox in and out of mine (more than most).

Looking good Evert...

Thanks, great pics. Never seen them before. Lots of inspiration for future projects.

Looking good Evert...

Also, does anyone have the dimensions of the 9mm barrel? I'm gonna get a chance to do a bit of lathe-ing at the the weekend and I reckon I may as well make one while I've got the chance...

Thanks for the great picture resource. I could have done with that ages ago.... Typical.

Speak to Doc, he made me a 9mm barrel and silencer. He may still have the specs he used.

Edited by Hedganian

Where were all these resources when I was trying to find information about various AUG variants? :rolleyes:

On a slightly related note, the AUG A3 'SF' looks so much better than the 'regular' A3. I think it'd be a real pain to build an airsoft version though... :(

And I really quite like that RIS rail bolted through where the foregrip would normally fit - might be an option for all those people who seem to hate the AUG's foregrip.

Edited by Hedganian

For anyone else thinking of a 9mm barrel, here's what I've come up with...

I managed to find an image of a 9mm barrel and reasonable resolution which I imported into AutoCAD, scaled and traced. It's not gonna be 100% perfect, but it's close enough for my purposes.

Just print the attached pdf at 100% on A4 and you've got a scale drawing.

Cool, ta... That makes sense, as the dia. of the barrel in my .dwg before I scaled it down to match the airsoft size was a tad over 18mm (OD of the gas block on the RS according to the image I worked from was 24mm, but the TM one I was working from was nearer 22)...

I've just put the 18.5 back into the .dwg and it's added 6mm to the overall length (I hadn't dimensioned it the first time I scaled it)...

Well you can consider the above .pdf to have the correct proportion of diameters to the gas block, the one attached below has the (more) correct lengths and diameters for the barrel itself...

AUG_9mm_barrel_correct_length.pdf

Edited by Treadhead

Hi all AUG's lovers! :)

Do you remember my first AUG's custom? Now, I do a new custom more extrem ;)

There are much work again, but I can show you a "idea" that will be:

Receiver:

4087e5da76361143ffacbd38c33419a1.jpg

6f853ea28e591a93de531176efa1b88c.jpg

One of forward block (for grenade launcher or sniping purposes):

3a358d9ae8b606203ea035b8d2b1f21b.jpg

d879a0eeba9f067cbd1a46e070ae6ed9.jpg

Cocking lever:

fce5786448de07841c430a3005f5075a.jpg 58f5e55646c696ab4b27fee4f47375e2.jpg 2e2a19fc3f8bf68cd105c1d9bf787796.jpg

a04a95c67e3f4f1fb98333124a27fb5b.jpg 9aa012ef55849b263a3a470be79a4255.jpg 0c08b5bb67712a07f3406f18a6d59d29.jpg

You can have too many AUGs - when you have to *PAY* for them... :(

I got a job lot of old TM ones...

Heh, the on on the extreme left is my old sprayed green one - it's being sold to a mate as soon as he's got the cash...

The plan is to leave the CA A1 in stock form for general use, use the black one with a TM stock box for CQB type gaming with a 9mm conversion and the TM Mil with an upgraded box (up to 350ish) and H-Bar in a support role (singe a gun doing 350fps with that long barrel will almost certainly be higher with a standard length one)...

Or I might change my mind and sell another, who knows...

Edited by Treadhead

And this is why the AUG military is better... The scope is positioned perfectly.

THE CAMO IS NOT MEANT TO BE FUNCTIONAL I.E I WILL NOT BLEND IN WITH IT. IT IS MEANT TO BE DISTINCTIVE AND UNIQUE. Just thought id get that off my chest before people say; oh you did it wrong.

Im thinking of mounting a RIS rail in the same place as the cocking lever on but on the opposite side, with a tac light, and then a custom laser in where the gas tube is. What you guys think?

image0047.jpg

image0048t.jpg

Edited by Dom S

Sorry, I'm a bit new to this, owning a scope lark. Could someone explain to me what is correct?

When I got it the scope was in a "normal" position and from where it feels natural to shoulder the rifle at the moment. I get a view like this:

imag01541.jpg

When I moved forward a bit it got better so I moved the scope back to look like this:

imag01511.jpg

I have done a little MS Painting and came up with this:

steyraug.jpg

Have I got the right idea? Sorry for being such a noob.

Thanks

Im thinking of mounting a RIS rail in the same place as the cocking lever on but on the opposite side, with a tac light, and then a custom laser in where the gas tube is. What you guys think?

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6923/image0047.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7254/image0048t.jpg

I would never have the patience to a paint job like that. Good work, but its not something i would personally do to a classic style A1. Adding rails also takes away from the look. Scope or barrel mount the tac light and not bother with the laser in the gas tube as it detracts from the realism.

However judging by the paint job realism doesn’t concern you too much, so go for it. Wonder how hard it will be to find a laser that fits.