Aug Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello all... I keep hearing about the flimsy foregrip pin on the TM AUG's. I replaced mine with the following Guarder part and find it to be quite solid...

http://www.combatdepot.com/default.asp?pg=...ic=jmmppomphne8

Unfortunately to my Euro friends this vendor is in the states. Although I can vouch for him and bought this part from him. Hope this helps...

first, i hung the gun with a piece of string from the ceiling through the hop-up rectangle holes ( i took ever piece out of the gun except for the sling mount and metal nub thing, the way they are attached is impossible to get them off) i taped the sling mount and nub so they wouldnt get painted and i taped off every hole as well, even though you dont need to, i did anyway

i started off with a krylon primer, and i did 2 coats of that, to cover the gun completely. after it dried ( 20 min after each coat) i did a quick layer of OD using rustoleum camouflage paint, and then every 5-10 minutes, i did another layer. i ended up doing 4 or 3 layers, then let it dry overnight. it scratches really easy though, but im not sure, im going to scrim it on saturday, we'll see how the paint holds up, if not, ill cover it with some sort of sealer or something.

I painted my AUG Coyote Tan a couple of weeks ago. I used grey Krylon primer, multiple light coats spaced out about 20 minutes and then let it dry for two hours. If you don't let the primer dry and seal the paint will scratch very easily. Then I used multiple light coats of Krylon Camouflage Tan paint. Again, I waited 15-20 minutes between coats. Then I let it dry overight. I have skirmished with it a few times and there are no scratches.

Just make sure you clean the gun well before hand, let the primer dry for at least 2 hours, and use multiple light coats.

My AUG now looks exactly like the 7th picture down on this link http://www.xcalibertactical.com/airsoft.htm

Edited by Nick Fury
  • 2 weeks later...
No! change your mags right now, get a mag clip or anything just dont put them opposite end to each other ,its wrong and it looks bad, sorry everything else looks great but not the mag ,get it sorted and i will ask my friend to +rep you because i can't ! ok?

Ok righto, i'd better give you that +rep then. what vest is it ,what do you mean by ''halfway decent vest''??

I posted a couple of older pictures of mine in the Phantom AUG thread, here's the finished version.

augcovers.jpg

augfinal.jpg

auggrips2.jpg

Took quite a bit of cutting to get a rail and rail cover to fit around the gas tube. I could have just mounted a short rail right to the barrel shroud, but it's just an aluminum tube, I felt safer putting the screws through the solid aluminum mount. Scope is a Hammers 3-9x40. Usually keep it at 3x, but it has proven useful for spotting targets with the adjustable zoom. I used an ACOG red dot before but found I was rarely sighting through it, as it hampered clear vision.