Aug Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Good point, I know they look like the ones that come with it but they are actually the very expensive and very nice MP7 iron sights that are on there.

I am trying to juggle the MP7 sights, my EOtech and an offset flashlight mount, I don't think I'll have enough rail though so I might have to loose the irons.

Stick your flashlight on a Nitro-Vo side rail, as seen here:

2359904864_337ab01409.jpg

2061006460_a93a5f5011.jpg

2061006980_81d114d950.jpg

(Click last image for a bigger version)

It's not strictly real-steel, but it's slightly similar to something the Aussies do, I think, and it's a cheap way of getting a taclight onto your AUG without affecting everything else.

Pictorial update:

I received my beta test A2 cocking handle this week and have realised that there is no point in trying to keep the irons on the thing, the rail is too short.

I have ordered this rail and a scout light:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/landarms-vertical-mount-p-1287.html

I have also ordered the landarms vortex muzzle device, we'll see if it is compatible with my QD silencer. Then I'll be able to swap it from gun to gun.

Anyway, on with the pictures.

New A2 cocking handle.

DSC00018.JPG

Wider shot, new A2 cocking handle and the EO-tech, I also have an aimpoint magnifier for it. Lancer mag.

DSC00016.JPG

Now here it is with the M4 9mm adaptor fitted and an Uzi mag:

DSC00017.JPG

Camera is dead after a long day taking pictures of houses (I'm moving and I had 5 viewings yesterday) so these pictures were taken with my old, phone camera.

First impressions of the cocking handle are that it is plenty tough enough for the "Steyr slap", with a little material removed from the metal part underneath it fits right on.

The hole for the roll pin is in exactly the right place and the plastic is really nice, it has quite a matte finish to it, not shiny like the plastic the AUG is made of.

I am a fan.

Edited by amateurstuntman

Well you never replied when I asked in the other thread :P

To date I've only done two - I'm waiting for another run of black resin parts to go through in work to make some more. Hopefully it'll be this week - you got a black AUG Hedge?

The olive ones will have to wait a while...

edit: HANG ON!!! 9mm adapter??? Tell me more... Looks like a nice job that one (if not accurate to the real one) - now I know you never mentioned that to me...

Edited by Treadhead

I got it this weekend.

It is the War-4 (alternately called other things by various cloners) magwell adaptor.

It goes in the regular M4 magwell and makes it accept TM Uzi mags that have two little holes drilled in them (front and back).

On the AUG it sticks out too far but on the M4 it is flush.

It works just like the G36 to M4 adaptor you have with a little curly tube in it.

I think if you glued it into the AUG without the normal feed tube and trimmed it down a bit it might fit flush.

For a 9mm magwell conversion it might be a good start but it will either not look right or not be reversible I think.

There is a G+P version of the magwell cutting around but I think it only works with G+P's proprietary mags.

So the long and short of it is that I can only do it because you have already made me a STANAG magwell version.

I only got it so I can carry mags for my primary on my belt in case I feel like going really low drag.

I have the pouches I need for the Glock 49 rounders anyway.

well as i am new round here though i should share my augs to.

couple of the action kits in play here but nothing that unusual i guess, got another going out i just sold and the new one coming in to replace it in the next few days. (another au3g ish model) from the top

1. JG aug with extended barrel 650tb inner and g&p hop. no problems with the mahusive barrel on an otherwise stock gearbox.

2. JG aug my little cqb aug, direct fit adapter/ muzzle adapter and Tb mini barrel well 363 and a hbar style flashhider and a generic eotec. otherwise stock

3. JG aug a3ish fitted with a 22cm silencer running full length of riz.

4. JG aug my baby this is my aug EOD soon to be my DMR once i find some body i trust to build my gearbox :( ok so this is a generic aug with the action eod hybrid kit fitted (took some tinkering ang cutting) internally it will have a guarder sp150 kit with a drop down sp140 spring to make it uk playable, trigger master mosfet for single shot lock down, 550 tb barrel g&p hop, guarder high torque or ca high torque motor depending on which donor gearbox i use. bearing bushings, etc basicaly its a full internal rebuild with 90% guarder parts and bore up on either a stock JG or CA gearbox.

5. TM aug rebuild gearbox, mosfet and uprated battery

so thats my first pic can expand and get more shots if anybody cares. as i have not seen many people use the action kits i would happily do a review if people are interested. they have there good and bad points (quite a lot of bad sadly)

Image025-1.jpg

Well you never replied when I asked in the other thread :P

To date I've only done two - I'm waiting for another run of black resin parts to go through in work to make some more. Hopefully it'll be this week - you got a black AUG Hedge?

The olive ones will have to wait a while...

No, I don't have a black AUG at the moment, only green ones.

I didn't reply? That doesn't sound like me. Perhaps I was away? It happens....

Please do a review of the action kits, I've been considering them quite alot recently.

just for you suicidalsnowman :)

i am going to keep this very basic re the action kits and focus on the EOD kit only at this point. i will try to do a review with pics of me fitting the next kit properly

ACTION EOD KIT OVERVIEW

the kits are ok they just have a few faults, there everything they appear to be, the generic instructions are very self explantory and the packaging is basic at best. (a soft cardboard box with the bits wrapped in bubble wrap inside)

the kit its self looks well finished and this is about were the good parts finish sadly

the down sides start here.

Faults and issues

1 the finish is soft and thin an i have had to respray my kit a little after fitting as rubbing took the paint off.

2 the 2 piece outer barrels got stuck together almost instantly and the flash hider twisted in half when i tried to seperate it from the barrels (it is also now stuck on the barrel section but was at least an easy fix.)

3 there is a slot cut into the top of each screw thread mount inside the barrel but when i put a rod in to turn the thread out in an attempt to fit the end cap after the flash hider broke. i just managed to bend the lip slightly everything is monkey metal bar for the mount adapter in the main body)

the next issue may be a issue relating to me fitting to a JG aug rather than TM as they state there made for the TM.

4the outer barrel like most of these kits is attached to a screw thread direct fit adapter (you know the short steel cone with the thread on one end that just sticks out of the body of the aug when its fitted)

now i have had a few of these from action and i have had to cut them all down around 5mm to get them to sit correctly in the body and then re cut a groove for the retaining grub screw to hold it in place..

5. the Raz section on the Eod kit was my next challange as again it did note mate up to the JG aug correclty and stood proud i resorted to taking a large file to my aug metal reciver and slwly shaving it back till the offending parts were no longer there and the fit was atleast close enough to allow me o mount it and lock it in place.

all in all the kit looks the dogs if you like massive over the top augs but it takes a fair amount of tweaking to get it on

be warned : decide well in advance what configuration your going to want as if others are anything like mine the kit may end up jammed together almost as soon as you put it together the threads seem to bond together like there glued oddly (on the upside nothing can work loose)

dont get any clever ideas that you can shorted the outer barrel easily or change the format to the capped short style it will probably jam within the first couple of times or the threads will strip (they are very soft)

despite my issues i love the EOD kit on my aug its a head turned and gets a huddle of people any time it goes to a site (at some point i will finish the project )

Thanks for the quick review, my bank balance and I are probably going to be reconsidering those for the moment :)

no problem and fair enough

they look good and the a3 riz as featured on the jg offering is decent and cnc finished atleast (welll sort off). i just found the EOD kit a bit rough around the edges overall,

i however have had a number of the action parts that are very good.

for instance the 22cm silencer on my a3 is made by action and its well constructed has plenty of foam, it does have some effect in reducing noise bringing it down to a low pitched thump.

the direct fit adapters though they have needed trimmed to fit my jg augs have been solid and well made.

(would rather they need cut down than them not fit)

the extended outer barrel on my 'sniper' light aug is action to, its full aluminium rather than steel so its light, ok the coating comes off easy but for $20 shipped to uk. who cares its a good outer barrel.

though i had a bad time with the Eod kit its not putting me off there stuff yet hell the prices are low enough i cantake risks with them to some degree when you consider to import a HP hbar kit will work out around £100 after shipping and import etc and all your getting is a barrel. i think most of the Action kits are reasonably priced even if i have to tweak them

Nice collection lothario !

Too bad about the Steyr AUG kits being this bad... But hopefully the AUG supreme'ness in COD:MW2 will inspire manufacturers to reconsider making good and affordable kits for the AUG once more. I'd love an A3 conversion kit that was worthy of the 150$ pricetag.

That RS AUG looks very badass, but some rail positions seem badly picked. What's up with the one near the trigger ?!

A question, what's that latch thing above-right the magwell ?

Edited by Phuncz