Aug Picture Thread

Looks good. You could chop the over hang off ,thats what I did anyway. Treadhead makes the cocking handles I think if you can't be bothered

I think I will eventually do something similar to what I have done on the top one, though probably more angular. As for the handle, once I hit 100 posts, I will be able to check out his sales post. :)

Edited by Jibbity
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to replicate the AUG in the first pic. Anyone know about a similar, affordable scope.

The rail would be fairly easy to replicate using a G36C rail, plastic sheets and bondo. A cut down rail from a Marui AUG HC would do the trick, too. But the main problem is the scope.

04fba287.jpg

cfca548b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to doing this:

20120805_231258-1.jpg

20120805_231346-1.jpg

[

You will have to forgive the rough cut, my dremel bits were not up to the task and I got a bit rowdy with the drill. Ultimately it is a better test for failure with less support I suppose. Skirmished with it on Saturday, no problems so far. I'd guess that I am only 2000 or so rounds in, so it's a bit early to conclude that it is a complete success. The AUG is a great platform for this, with the easy access and extra support from the back plate. The next thing up is to reinforce the back plate tabs so I can run some heavy springs.

I just got a Jing Gong AUG (military model) and Im looking for two specific magazines (doesnt matter if mid-cap or hi-cap):

- 40 round magazine or any size longer than the 30 rounders

- What brand makes the clearest mags? I want to stick some simulated bullets stickers into it, but the JG mag is a bit too dark.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies to get me on the right track, I was thinking it was AUG specific like the RIS that Evike used to sell.

Turns out that Deal Extreme has them for $10.80. I just ordered one, so in 3 weeks or so I can let you know how it fits.

Did you ever get around to using this? Did you turn it into your crazy awesome rail project? I'm very curious.

That's actually really nice the way it is.

Although with the AUG only having a 1.5x scope, I'm not sure you'd need a red dot on top, but it looks good.

Really not seeing a lot of criticism there. Don't you just love it when people who aren't even involved in a conversation choose to get offended?? <_<

As for the AUG scope being unusable, I certainly don't agree with that. I've found it to be very accurate if you can be bothered to take the time to set it up and zero it. Admittedly, the field of view is a bit limited, and I wouldn't really want to use it indoors for CQB, but for outdoor use it's fine. You don't need much more zoom that it offers for airsoft purposes anyway, since the accurate range of the AEG isn't that far in the first place.

Did you ever get around to using this? Did you turn it into your crazy awesome rail project? I'm very curious.

I haven't got around to using it yet. I have all of the parts, I just have to find the time to do a bit of machining. This is what I will be making with it:

myweapon.jpg

- What brand makes the clearest mags? I want to stick some simulated bullets stickers into it, but the JG mag is a bit too dark.

20120903_232244.jpg

Left to right, top to bottom; TM highcap, BE highcap, MAG midcap, JG OD highcap, Kingarms midcap.

The BE (I am pretty certain that is what it is) is the clearest, but it doesn't fit or feed well in my JG AUGs.

Edited by Jibbity