2011 Picture Thread

It would also be crazy expensive.

Whitedingo - I think that you have two major options. The first is to go with a simple black and white scheme that compliments your subtle two tone gun. The second is to do something very garish (like orange or yellow) that will be set off nicely by the rest of the more subtle parts of the gun.

Just my $0.02 (I've done both with guns and liked both effects)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

Well, I did it! Took me forever to figure out how to do the "squiggles" and make them come out nicely, but I think I did pretty darned good for my first time painting a grip this way. I was going to do a secondary accent color, silver, but I was unable to find a latex paint in the sheen/color that I wanted to match the other pieces.

It's basically done, I think. Maybe a different hammer at some point in time, but everything works the way it should, and it shoots great.

What do you think?

img1876smallhc3.th.jpg

img1877smallrl1.th.jpg

img1878smallxz0.th.jpg

img1879smallwn4.th.jpg

That is great. I really like how it subtly finished off the gun.

Are you still trying to sell it even after doing more work to it?

I'm not actively trying to get rid of it anymore, even though there hasn't been any offers on it. I figured I'll just keep the link in my sig, and if someone wants to offer me some money for it, hey, that's ok with me! It'll give me a chance to start all over again and build something completely different.

Thanks for the comments guys; there's no one around here who really appreciates my work! :P

Thanks for the comments guys; there's no one around here who really appreciates my work! :P

eh, ..it's an OK job Dingo ;)

j/k. .I like the fade. .is the black line-work just black paint over the white?

Edited by the cleaner
eh, ..it's an OK job Dingo ;)

j/k. .I like the fade. .is the black line-work just black paint over the white?

Yeah, it's a black latex paint. I found it was the best consistency to use for the lines to come out cleanly, after some experimenting.

Wow Dingo that looks pretty clean man. I'm impressed. I think you should shoot the AAPS postal matches with it. Or maybe over at this other place that some of us are trying to kick off.

I can't believe you'd just let it go with all that custom work you've put into that gun.

Bronco a 6" SVI would be very nice to have, but I agree, I don't think it would work well for APS.

Wow Dingo that looks pretty clean man. I'm impressed. I think you should shoot the AAPS postal matches with it. Or maybe over at this other place that some of us are trying to kick off.

I can't believe you'd just let it go with all that custom work you've put into that gun.

Bronco a 6" SVI would be very nice to have, but I agree, I don't think it would work well for APS.

I'd love to shoot some postal matches...I would have already, except for the fact that I only have the 1 mag that will work for it. I do have a 4.3 mag, but it doesn't fit w/ the magwell (anyone want to trade!?). If it isn't sold by then, I'll try to shoot the next AAPS Postal match. That and I want to install a 6"+ tightbore in it, boost the FPS up even more. I mean, I've got almost 2" of comp there, might as well use it!

I just reg'd over at traders, I'll see you guys over there!

ETA: That was too easy.....like, really. I just took a piece of a CA tightbore I had laying around, cut it to length, and using my dremel, a hacksaw, and hobby files, fit it for the highcapa.....should it have been that simple?

And...I have proof!

img1886wx1.th.jpg

It still fires, too! :P I haven't chronoed it yet, but I dunno if the extra 2" will really make that much of a difference.

Edited by Whitedingo

I personally don't like the golf-ball style stippling on the entire grip surface, unless it is really cleanly done. If you're confident in your abilities to do it really cleanly, I'd say give it a shot. Otherwise, that's probably pretty effective as-is.

This is my Hi Capa 5.1:

mini_0803291211342777717.jpg

mini_0803291219462777774.jpg

mini_0803291222582777808.jpg

-Prime Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 Limcat Aluminium Slide ( Silver )

-NINE BALL Outer Barrel for Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 ( Cone Type / Silver )

-Airsoft Surgeon Steel Hammer Set for Marui Hi-capa 4.3 / 5.1 (Type 3)

-Shooters Design Hot Shot Style Magwell for Marui Hi-Capa ( Silver )

-NINE BALL Long Slim Slide Stop for Marui Hi-Capa ( Silver )

-NINE BALL Magazine Catch Short for Marui Hi-Capa ( Silver )

-NINE BALL Single Safety Lever for Marui Hi-Capa ( Silver )

-NINE BALL Three Hole Custom Trigger for Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 ( Long, Silver )

-King Arms Recoil/Hammer Spring for WA .45 Series / Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 ( 150% )

-Sheriff Beavertail Grip Safety For WA Hi-Capacity Series (Silver)

This is my Hi Capa 5.1:

mini_0803291211342777717.jpg

mini_0803291219462777774.jpg

mini_0803291222582777808.jpg

-Prime Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 Limcat Aluminium Slide ( Silver )

-NINE BALL Outer Barrel for Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 ( Cone Type / Silver )

-Airsoft Surgeon Steel Hammer Set for Marui Hi-capa 4.3 / 5.1 (Type 3)

-Shooters Design Hot Shot Style Magwell for Marui Hi-Capa ( Silver )

-NINE BALL Long Slim Slide Stop for Marui Hi-Capa ( Silver )

-NINE BALL Magazine Catch Short for Marui Hi-Capa ( Silver )

-NINE BALL Single Safety Lever for Marui Hi-Capa ( Silver )

-NINE BALL Three Hole Custom Trigger for Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 ( Long, Silver )

-King Arms Recoil/Hammer Spring for WA .45 Series / Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 ( 150% )

-Sheriff Beavertail Grip Safety For WA Hi-Capacity Series (Silver)

It's for sale on the French forum right? I loved your Xcelerator "snake" version but I was too late to buy it :(

Anyway nice Hi-Capa

Salut

Sorry if this has been asked/discussed before, but does anyone have exprience with Shooter's Design V12 slide? I'm mostly concerned with fitment and finish and most crucialy, do they work with nineball outerbarrel?(which I currently have, with nineball ABS slide)

Thanks in advance.