• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

is there a special pattern or something on your stippled grip on the left side of the pistol? also, with that much material removed from the trigger guard, can that still be used to holster with those racegun style holster?

Edited by RacingManiac

After a long search I found a metal slide for my Magna Xcelerater 6" Hybrid thanks to charliecloud.

The slide needed a lot of fitting and sanding but now it works like a dream.

I also replaced the unreliable magna hopup with a fixed scw3 hop.

Polished the black metal slide (in phase one)

dsc08117sm4.jpg

dsc08122tx3.jpg

greetz.

Milan

WA SCW Bulldogs (WA-CWP) - custom, metal!

These were limited edition production guns released in March 2002 by WA's SCW department, 500 in total - the operation system is Magna.

Here's a promo picture from Combat magazine:

WABulldogCOMBAT.jpg

Slide is 4.3" length, overall slide profile including stand-off block is approximately 5".

When upgrading to metal; I changed the styling on mine to the SV Infinity roots that they came from, more on that later.

Bulldog5.jpg

Bulldog6.jpg

The standard size SV grip is custom cut to allow fitment of the shorter compact SV magazine, although the normal length SV type will fit and work perfectly albeit with a bit of protrusion.

Image036y.jpg

Ironically WA have now released another compact mag in between the two sizes - it is a copy of SV's "Duty" magazine with a bumper the same thickness as the compact.

As I have always been a fan of Infinity's I have changed components to suit the Infinity factory style when I upgraded to the metal slide. These changes include, Novak fixed to Bomar adjustable sights, 3 hole trigger to SV interchangeable, Wilson beavertail to Ed Brown type, single sided safety to Ed Brown ambi style, hammer from round to square and the Wilson slide stop was swapped out. To be fair even from the factory SV's are semi custom and you can pretty much have what you like.

One of the Bulldog metal slides has a flat top slide, the other has a ribbed style, it's just what came through at the time (Prime/SD).

One gun is built from a 'factory' Bulldog (with the Wilson medallion), the other (with the SV logo) was built using parts unique to the Bulldog which were ordered from WA after the exchange of an excess of 10 e mails and considerable cost!

Bulldog.jpg

Bulldog1.jpg

Bulldog2.jpg

Bulldog3.jpg

Bulldog4.jpg

Do not confuse these Bulldogs with the smaller Infinity Tactical Carry's with 3.9" slide and Compact grip that were released later.

Here's a comparison shot:

BTCLH.jpg

I decided to change the Bulldogs Magna HOP system (just as you Clockwork O :) ) to the later 6.03mm SCW adjustable type, although this has only improved range a fraction, I noticed that the groupings were a lot more consistent at extreme ranges with all weights of BB.

Edited by Mobius Strip
is there a special pattern or something on your stippled grip on the left side of the pistol? also, with that much material removed from the trigger guard, can that still be used to holster with those racegun style holster?

The undercut trigger guard makes it a bit harder to draw, but not much.

WA SCW Bulldogs (WA-CWP) - custom, metal!

Do not confuse these Bulldogs with the smaller Infinity Tactical Carry's with 3.9" slide and Compact grip that were released later.

Here's a comparison shot:

BTCLH.jpg

Matt,

I know for sure the Tactical Carry Bulldog (3.9) was released in 2002 also.. have any idea approx how far apart the release was. Truthfully, I never remember a 4.3 Bulldog , so that's awesome.

Matt,

I know for sure the Tactical Carry Bulldog (3.9) was released in 2002 also.. have any idea approx how far apart the release was. Truthfully, I never remember a 4.3 Bulldog , so that's awesome.

Hi Terence -

The "Bulldog .45" was released on March 16th 2002

The 3.9" "SVI Tactical Carry" was released on November 16th 2002

Please note there isn't really a Tactical Carry Bulldog, only the bigger brother carries that moniker, even though I think we can all see the family resemblance ;)

Hope that helps

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished helping a friend restyle his Hi-Capa 4.3 into a 1911. I had a whole pile of 4.3 parts left over and yesterday got the urge to build something out of them. I decided that I wasn't using my STI Hybrid enough so I stripped it down to use as a base gun for this project. I am currently selling the slide and may be putting other parts of it up for sale as well.

Anyway, this is my attempt at a 4.3 race gun and so far I have been very pleased with how it has handled. I am currently running a plastic 4.3 slide with an SD steel outer barrel combo. The slide has been short stroked and I am using a stock 5.1 recoil spring to give everything a bit more snap. I have thrown on a number of other cosmetic parts that I have lying around as well and I'm surprised at how well everything seems to fit.

Shooting this gun is tons of fun. Double taps are crazy fast and the gun is small enough that it is easy to maneuver it from target to target. Thanks to the stock slide and short stroke I'm really not having much trouble with recoil knocking the gun off target. I think that I will probably start using this gun for postals once I get the final kinks worked out of it.

tiger432dy3.jpg

tiger433lr6.jpg

tiger434re5.jpg

tiger431ce0.jpg

it shouldn't need "major" fitting, but you'll probably need to smooth out the barrel lugs between the slide and chamber and such, basically the basic fitting for a metal slide to a barrel...

SD slide works best with SD barrels obviously, but all brands can be made to work with eachother...

Yeah thats what I figured but the guarder metal barrel that I had before tipped so much that the guarder slide wouldnt cycle so I put the stock one back in. And I figured I would see if it was one of those "will not fit under any circumstances" situations.

Edited by slayer32390

I had a Guarder barrel and it did not like to work with either the PGC slide or the SD slide I had....might just be the barrel....it was also heavier than the SD one.....the weight probably doesn't help either....it was also loose fit too...

I've heard the SD barrel does not like non-SD parts. But it works fine with my 1911 with stock slide....