• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

PH20080810001230.jpg

Bought that Springfield slide from AEX. Charged me $97.43...wow what a rip off. Could have gotten it new on ebay for $69.99 + $8 shipping. AEX said "We'll mod the slide to make it fit with the metal barrel you have for $100"

Haha! Wow rip off...I did it myself (no mod needed) in 20 min...Is it me, or is AEX desperate for cash? They ripped me off with the TM Chrome Deagle for $170!

So I got tired of having both a Race pistol and a tactical pistol so I through them in a small box got them good and drunk and ended up with this

100_4803.jpg

I like it better then the racer and the tacticool gat together.

Though my latest creation needs some tuning and a few parts i didnt have. I still need to:

polish or replace all the controls

get a 5.1 tight bore

get a 5.1 metal outer barrel probably silver and threaded

toss one some fiber optic sights

maybe replace the grip with a TK tactical grip

here are the two guns i broke down for the parts, most of which I will me posting for sale soon.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/sni...ft/101_4774.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/sni...ft/100_4769.jpg

I bought one (from cheaperthandirt.com) meant for a p14 and ground off parts of it until it fit. It was a bit of a pain since I also had to grind off parts of the original grip itself so that the screws could reach the threads, but I would say it's worth it cost wise and comfort wise. At $20 its half the price of those Shooters Design pistol grips and it's so comfortable that it makes you want to go to sleep holding onto it :wub:

Nicely built.

Got a question for those professional HiCapa builders: I'm trying to build a complete two-tone OPS HiCapa model based on the TM HiCapa. I think I have my externals all set (9Ball Strike front kit, SD OPS slide, SD 5.1 Frame) but I'm not too sure on the internals. I just want the basic upgrades that will increase durability but maintain my FPS with GG at around 300-350fps. I know a hammer/recoil spring upgrade is going in, but are there other upgrades (besides TB too) that I should also focus on? Thanks.

BTW this is just going to be a sidearm, completely for skirmish purposes, not a IPSC pistol.

Nicely built.

Got a question for those professional HiCapa builders: I'm trying to build a complete two-tone OPS HiCapa model based on the TM HiCapa. I think I have my externals all set (9Ball Strike front kit, SD OPS slide, SD 5.1 Frame) but I'm not too sure on the internals. I just want the basic upgrades that will increase durability but maintain my FPS with GG at around 300-350fps. I know a hammer/recoil spring upgrade is going in, but are there other upgrades (besides TB too) that I should also focus on? Thanks.

BTW this is just going to be a sidearm, completely for skirmish purposes, not a IPSC pistol.

My 5.1 witha guarder slide and Upgraded recoil spring runs 330 consistently on GG and is completely stock other than the recoil spring and slide. You really dont have to do anything to it IMO.