• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

Hmm. They do say it's steel....

I guess someone will have to buy it to find out ....not me :)

It also says "Designed in Japan, made in Taiwan (Joint effort of Matrix and WE-Tech)"

Maybe Matrix convinced WE to make steel barrels.

Even if that is true...it's probably some super cheap (not stainless) die cast steel (like the old guarder).

It also says "Designed in Japan, made in Taiwan (Joint effort of Matrix and WE-Tech)"

Even if that is true...it's probably some super cheap (not stainless) die cast steel (like the old guarder).

Except Matrix isn't a company, it's a rebranding sticker evike puts on it's ACM brand of the month.

You CAN cast stainless.....

Everyone knows the Evike/Matrix labeling. I was quoting what's on their website.

I DIDN'T say you CAN'T cast stainless steel. But I don't think the Evike/Matrix (whatever you want to call it) barrel is stainless.

I'm just speculating because of the WE barrels that are potmetal nickel plated. This new one could be stainless.

Except Matrix isn't a company, it's a rebranding sticker evike puts on it's ACM brand of the month.

Everyone knows the Evike/Matrix labeling. I was quoting what's on their website.

Okay. I was referring to your speculation here:

Since Matrix is just a sticker/multiple ACM companies, how can they convince WE to make steel barrels?

And no, not enough people know about Evike's rebranding habits- too many people treat "Matrix" as an actual company. It should be mentioned as often as possible.

You're right, I should have chosen my words more carefully, rather than quoting Evike's reference on their website as Matrix being seperate company/entity.

I shouldn't have interchanged Matrix and Evike as one in the same, because Matrix is just a "name" Evike uses as a re-branding method.

I stand corrected. It is such an important issue, because Evike's rebranding label of "Matrix" causes mass confusion and everyone NEEDS to know that.........

but I forget why it really matters.

BTW. I've got a new 5" Standard set up being custom CNC'd.

This is the first step in the machining process.

(note: the frame is not mine, just being used for test fitting)

011.jpg

02.jpg

This gun is going to be my Open gun's little brother.

(Pic of my Open gun)

SDC10118.jpg

Well, I finally got my hands on my new Hi-Capa and took a few "before" pictures. The gun is being changed at this very moment. I'll take more shots once I swap some parts around.

p1060168r.jpg

p1060160.jpg

p1060163.jpg

p1060165.jpg

Bits list:

Tokyo Mauri Hi-Capa 5.1

Hi-Capa 4.3 Mag

Tokyo Marui Stippled Grip

SD STI Custom Shop Slide (Two Tone)

SD Steel Recoil Bushing

Guarder 150% Hammer Spring

Guarder 150% Recoil Spring

PDI 6.01mm Tightbore

First Dyna Piston Head

Firefly Chamber Packing (Soft)

RCW Extended Mag Catch

Junior - I agree, that would be more efficient...which is why my Open gun is built with SUS frame and AL slide.

But I'm not going for efficiency on this one. I'm going for recoil.

Rom - Are you making this into a new "project"? What are your plans for it?

Is the stock plastic barrel for weight savings? lOl j/k

Junior - I agree, that would be more efficient...which is why my Open gun is built with SUS frame and AL slide.

But I'm not going for efficiency on this one. I'm going for recoil.

I think that it's really cool that you are going for a recoil build. Are you planning to take it to the extreme and mod the BBU to get more gas released?

Rom - Are you making this into a new "project"? What are your plans for it?

Is the stock plastic barrel for weight savings? lOl j/k

This is not a new project. I bought this because it was a crazy insane deal and I thought that I could steal a few parts and sell it at a profit. I made a pact with myself some time ago that I would only keep two Hi-Capa's in my collection (my limcat to serve as my all out gun and my "other" one to play with). This guns slide and spare mag is already up for sale. I'm planning to swap some parts, tune the gun up (for practice) and then sell it this summer as a base gun. I also want to steal the piston head for my P226.

Turns out that the parts list that I have above (given to me by the seller and pieced together off Arnie's) wasn't right. The gun actually has a stock recoil spring, a KA 150% hammer spring, and a 9Ball 6.03mm TB.