2011 Picture Thread

As always, looking hot Romulus. How crisp is the trigger now? I always hated the stock TM hi-capa trigger setup because there was so much play, mind sharing on how to get rid of this?

First I'd get rid of the stock sear and hammer, I find the Airsoft Surgeon/ProG4 hammer sear kit helps on that respect. You can also take up some of the trigger travel by either cutting a small tab on the stock trigger loop and bend that(or get the ProG4 steel loop with bendable tab cut in), or you can shim it out with simple things like electrical tape.....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

As always, looking hot Romulus. How crisp is the trigger now? I always hated the stock TM hi-capa trigger setup because there was so much play, mind sharing on how to get rid of this?

There's several ways to attack it. First, you want to limit the travel of the trigger so that it stops right after it breaks. The4thpower3 wrote a nice article about how to do it ASB. I did something similar.

The other approach is the lighten the pull by filing down the disconnector and bending the leaf spring to retention things.

After market parts can help some but it's mainly a matter of tuning. My favorite tigger pull ever is on my 1911 and was done with a stock sear. Hkssr20det was actually the guy who did it and he said that he didn't think he could have done it with anything else than the stock sear.

Here's a link to the ASB GBB vault where you can find both articles.

Vault

Awesome 2011's polystyrene, parts list?

Black is a freedom arts comp and frame and inner barrel. TM 5.1 with infinity slide and ungraded internals (cant remember what)

Silver is TM 5.1, infinity slide all polish to match the grey grip. Also have the meat pounder front end for it, still need to finish stripping and polishing it up to match.

Sorry I couldn't elaborate further, been so long since I built them it's hard to remember all the manufacturers of the parts.

Great information guys, thanks for the link too Romulus (Wonderous how I don't even know the full potential of stuff we have in the vault at ASB....)

After I *eventually* push my self into getting a TM MEU I'll probably tweak my trigger on it, thanks again and sorry to bring the thread off-topic.

4lokgg.jpg

kit list:

SD Limcat Tigercat Slide

SD STI .38 Super Compensator Outer Barrel

SD Limcat Compensator (from TM Limcat Phantera slide set)

SD Polymer loading nozzle and floating valve set

SD Silver mag case

SD silver mag base

SD black grip

SD Hammer spring

SD Recoil spring

WA Ultimate red mag valve

GRS Bearing Steal Hammer and Sear set

CP super light leaf spring for bearing hammer

CP extended firing pin

CP hop up rubber

CP CNC Al Blow Back Unit

Sheriff steel barrel lock

WE Magwell

Polymer bushing short-stroke

Prog 4 main spring parts

Prog4 piston

C-More serendipity sl830

to come:

Double alpha thumb rest

Double alpha fixed wings

Nice TigerCat Racer. I like the non-comp slide with FO and TM comp. Good use of parts.

What inner barrel are you using?

It has the stock WA Speedcomp 7" inner barrel unless he swapped it out.

That's the gun I built bro, other than the C-More.

Racer, it looks very sweet with the C-More added.

Edited by ViciousV10s
is that an ambidextrous thumb rest? what brand is it?

It's a double Alpha ,

it's not ambidextrous ,

but i think you can make it so...

The holes are the c-more pattern ,

but the left side (the side it SHOULD be mounted) is sloped...

but there is enough room to make the other side sloped as well...

My STI Hybrid, wish I could get a full metal version of this gun.

{IMAGE REMOVED TO SAVE SPACE}

And before anyone accuses me of knicking the picture of Snowmans Site ( Just Pistol's ) I did, but it's my gun. I bought it off him a few years ago.

Yep, but the deal didn't include the use of my photos.

Don't worry though, simply return the gun to me and we'll say no more about :D

Cheers.