• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

My attempt at a 'Wilson Combat' KZ-9 using the following:

TM MEU slide, with all internals (filled, polished and sprayed).

TM 5.1 frame, rear end and grip safety polished, grips sanded.

TM 4.3 hammer and thumb safety polished.

Nineball mag release.

Nineball 3-hole trigger.

post-42289-1239658493_thumb.jpg

post-42289-1239658589_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrManiac
MrManiac that is one original pistol. Great. How do you moded the grip and the frame?

Ok :construction: I ground and filed down/sanded the underside of the dust cover of the frame, so as to make it rounded, polished and buffed the rear/grip safety area, masked off the rear area and then sprayed the frame with matt black undercoat. The grip was ground/sanded down using a 'Dremel' taking off all markings etc, also the front lower lip section of the grip was sanded off. It was a bit tricky here and there and the air turned blue on many occasion :ranting2::P

Heres a pic of the 'Real steel' pistol its based on:

post-42289-1239719514_thumb.jpg

Ive also done a 'NightHawk Talon II' look alike conversion to a TM 4.3 (Its a stop gap until i can source a single stack 1911 frame) I'll post some photos when I get them done.

Thanks for the kind comments guys :D

Ok heres my 'NightHawk Talon II' project....

post-42289-1240093163_thumb.jpg

post-42289-1240093190_thumb.jpg

The basic pistol is a TM 4.3 with the following modifications:

Slide has chin cutouts, markings/cocking serrations removed and filled, sprayed black, TM 5.1 foresight vane added, TM 1911a1 shortened barrel bushing added along with its customized recoil spring plug and barrel that has also been shortened and sprayed silver, a Guarder Hop rubber is the only non-standard internal fitted.

post-42289-1240093943_thumb.jpg

The frame and furniture has had grip markings removed, frame fore end underside has been rounded and sprayed silver, thumb safety cut, ground, sanded and polished. slide stop cut, sanded and polished, Guarder mag release sanded and polished. TM MEU hammer (incorrect but its a stop gap til a Commander type arrives from HK), grip safety added, again both sanded and polished. The trigger is a TM 5.1 type sprayed silver til i can afford to get the correct type made by 'Nova'.

post-42289-1240093927_thumb.jpg

The real steel pistol its based on is a single stack, Commander type (im modifying a 1911a1 frame at the mo to swap out the 4.3 one for), with a short recoil guide and plug but i cannot for the life of me get this to work on a TM 4.3 slide :angry: as the spring just 'kinks up' and refuses to work properly, so the 4.3 type long guide rod had to stay :(

post-42289-1240094241_thumb.jpg

She works well and seems to have a harder kick than other 4.3's, yet the internals are all standard parts :huh::D

Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 (stock)

They're not great pictures but theyre all I have since its gone.

DSC05642.jpg

Good pistol the ole TM 5.1.

I had one for 4 and a half years hard use and it just refused to die, even though I (as an experiment) did'nt clean or strip her the entire time she was with me.

A true S.A.R. gun (Simple, Accurate and reliable).

I was bored so came up with this..... :rolleyes:

post-42289-1241172322_thumb.jpg

post-42289-1241172298_thumb.jpg

TM 5.1/MEU hybrid, the Guarder grip is so much more comfortable in the hand than the original.

The 5.1 slide has been moded to fit the 'Novak' sights and barrel from the MEU, whilst the bushing and recoil plug are SD.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this years ,and its been through alot .Was gonna sell this ,but decided not to after fixing it up. I have a new found love for it. Its only a stock wa para ordinance ,but its great to fire. Especially now its serviced :) .

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

I ended up trading my STI slide and since I wanted to have something metal I jumped at a $30 SD Kimber slide. It looks totally random on this gun but at least it is metal and it works.

In the future I think that I may put this on my TM Delta Elite to get more of a Kimber look (could be a nice change). I'm still planning to sell this gun but it looked so funny I decided to post up a few pictures of it just for laughs.

kimber3.jpg

kimber2.jpg

kimber1l.jpg

lol, Mr cluless. except for the trades on the slide that read "Para-ordanance P14•45". check the grip, its double stack. its not just a 1911, Heroshark knew what he was talking about.

Sorry, I just took a quick look and thought it was a 1911.

*cries*

Yup, it is a 1911, thought the Para is wide bodied it is still classed as a 1911. The 2011 designation came along to decribe the double stackers that have a two part lower, ie a metal frame and a polymer gripstrap.

Edited by BigAl