• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

True, but the RS one costs $450 O_o

LOL, haven't you noticed that high end manufacturing (CNC) + highly intricate and complicated designs, usually ends up with the Airsoft version of such cloned products to be almost twice as much as the RS counterparts.

So if Prime or some other big high-end Airsoft parts cloner comes out with one, it will cost $1000.

However, if some good ol China cloners start cranking them out in a pot-metal casting production line...the will only cost $50 :)

LOL, haven't you noticed that high end manufacturing (CNC) + highly intricate and complicated designs, usually ends up with the Airsoft version of such cloned products to be almost twice as much as the RS counterparts.

So if Prime or some other big high-end Airsoft parts cloner comes out with one, it will cost $1000.

However, if some good ol China cloners start cranking them out in a pot-metal casting production line...the will only cost $50 :)

Lol... Well..... You and Racing are the High end 1k plus 2011/1911 masters. For a kid like me who's not even in college yet, I was wishfully hoping for a $50 or even $100 China clone.

Quick! We need to start a fan/request base so they make it.

Those grips are retarded expensive. STI&SVI makes them ..2 versions: Aluminum $369.00 & Steel $650.00

RM "I still want someone to make a long dust cover 1911 single stack though...." +1

But maybe I'll get the new WA 6" Hybrid IED

Another Magna Eagle 6.0 Hybrid STI/SVI

(Again..not mine, I just built it).

SDC11533.jpg

SDC11534.jpg

SDC11542.jpg

SDC11535.jpg

Mmm looks like another well put together and finely finished piece bro. Amazing you havent become a WA MAGNA fanboy with all this interaction building them ;)

I don't think they are bad. Overall, I think they are quite nice. If WA stuck to one internal design and didn't cost so much I'd like them even better. And their inner barrel design is horrible.

My biggest problem is with their mags. They can't handle propane for sh*t...I've got a problem with them spraying gas from the fill valve when filling them,

they leak, and they blow out the gas feed lip. Doesn't always happen, but often enough that it makes me not want to shoot them. I never have problems like that with TM.

Dang, so much for my WA STI 6" Hybrid being unique.

the4th - do you do WA fitting work too? I have found that it's nigh impossible to get a 6" slide fit rattle free (using conventional methods) since the frame rails are so short. However, I seem to remember that you could reshape TM rails to get a super tight slide fit. Can you do this on a WA 6" as well? Also, did you rebuild the trigger on this to lighten it up? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on super light, short WA triggers vs TM ones.

Rom - it is very difficult to get the slide and frame fit that tight...period. It is especially difficult with a 6", much less..as you stated, with such short rails.

This one is not rattle free. But I didn't really put any effort into it. I noticed that the frame doesn't even match up perfectly even (side to side) with the slide.

The very thick heavy frame of the WA is not easy to move/tighten/adjust. This gun was a mix of parts - that Hybrid Barrel is from an SCW - I had spent all my time fitting that to the chamber and the slide.

I also did not put much effort into lightening the trigger. The triggers in WA's a far heavier than TM's. This one is running ProG4 steel trigger bow, hammer and sear. I've found these to be nicely fit as they come, but a little polishing helps. The best you can do is bend the leaf/sear spring back a little, polish every thing, use a thick lube that will stay put, and adjust the trigger over travel and reset. As I stated, I did not put that much work into this one, it's better than it was, but still heavier than any of the TM's I've built.

Now that you got me talking/thinking about it, I may just put that effort in to see what I can do, since I still have the gun. I'll get back to you on this subject after I play with it a bit more.

Glass table and a white sheetrock wall. The paint is far from new...

Course it took some editing but I did about 10 finalized pictures in 30 minutes.

Your pictures are damn good for just that little Samsung! I'm afraid of what you could do with a DSLR...