• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

My Taurus PT1911 project is now done......

PT1911RHrear.jpg

PT1911LHbreechopen.jpg

PT1911LHfront.jpg

Slide is a TM 1911a1 with custom cocking serrations added (not brilliant but they'll do).

Lowered and flared ejection port.

Custom rear sight (TM VSR cut and shaped to suit) and custom made fore sight added, resembling the straight eight Heinie real steel sights.

Tanio Koba tactical grip added.

TM 'Desert Warrior' black trigger (holes are wrong but its close to the real thing) and KM ring hole hammer.

Guarder black FLR and custom made guide rod plug added (TM 1911a1 drilled through to suit FLR).

The beavertail grip safety is a TM 5.1 with the beavertail cut both sides and the palm bump smothed out, all to resemble the Taurus real steel one.

TM MEU barrel fitted (may spray silver in time to match real steel).

All internals are standard TM parts.

This was purely done as a 'spares box' project....

Edited by MrManiac

Caspian Hi-capacity 1911

CaspianHicapaLHBreechopen.jpg

CaspianHicapaLH.jpg

Marui 5.1 with standard internals.

Shooter Design barrel bushing and plug.

Marui MEU ABS barrel sprayed silver.

Nova ambi-thumb safety, slide lock.

Anvil beavertail grip safety.

Guarder trigger.

The slide has been filled and re-engraved.

Grip has been sanded smooth and spray painted to resemble 'Faux Ivory'.

CaspianHicapaRHBreechopen.jpg

Anyone got any hints/tips on how to do a project 2011? donor pistols parts etc?

If you want a reliable, robust and skirmishable donor gun, go for either the TM 5.1 or maybe, if your stuck for cash, the WE 5.1 series.

Yes the WA guy's will say their guns are better but WA's pistol purchases will empty your wallet faster than your girlfriend on a shopping trip!

All the previous gun platforms have an enormous range of add on parts to choose from.

Manufactures like Shooters Design, Davidson Custom, Nineball, Guarder, Nova, LCT, 5KU and Anvil are some of the better ones, or if you have the cash ( and lots of it!) try Prog4.

Basically set your budget and go from there, you can make a suprisingly good weapon from some of the cheaper manufacturers.

Or do what i do, convert and modify standard parts etc to suit what 'look' your after.

Hope that helps ;)

If you want a reliable, robust and skirmishable donor gun, go for either the TM 5.1 or maybe, if your stuck for cash, the WE 5.1 series.

Yes the WA guy's will say their guns are better but WA's pistol purchases will empty your wallet faster than your girlfriend on a shopping trip!

All the previous gun platforms have an enormous range of add on parts to choose from.

Manufactures like Shooters Design, Davidson Custom, Nineball, Guarder, Nova, LCT, 5KU and Anvil are some of the better ones, or if you have the cash ( and lots of it!) try Prog4.

Basically set your budget and go from there, you can make a suprisingly good weapon from some of the cheaper manufacturers.

Or do what i do, convert and modify standard parts etc to suit what 'look' your after.

Hope that helps ;)

Many Thanks boss!! Another question is, how much machining is required? if any as i dont have access (or know how) on lathes, milling etc etc.

Many Thanks boss!! Another question is, how much machining is required? if any as i dont have access (or know how) on lathes, milling etc etc.

Machining isnt really required unless your doing some real heavy modification work. I usually only use a hacksaw, heavy metal file and needle files oh and a 'Dremel' or equivalent. Most add on after market parts should be a straight fit.

IMG_3041.jpg

This is my baby. The only real alterations I've made are the 6.01mm Palsonite inner barrel, and a slightly different outer barrel, I had to order the version that comes in the guns sold in Taiwan, because the barrel that comes in these guns sold in america is just a little too long and the precision inner barrel wouldn't work. I saw a picture of the KP06 "Gunner Grip" in white (or very light gray) and I would kill for it, but I can't actually find it. Apart from that grip I plan to replace the slide catch and safeties with shiny silver ones, and maybe a new trigger, as well as one of thise nineball skeleton style magwells. I really wish there were 6" threaded barrels out there. Anyone know of a holster that could hold this thing with the laser attached?

I love how my rail-mounted laser has... its own rail. I might have to throw a flashlight on there just to be ridiculous. :P

Edited by Saila Cilbup