2011 Picture Thread

Western Arms SCW2-3 SV Infinity, Snake Hi Cap

WA Snake Hi Cap donor

WA Stainless hammer, sear and disconnector

Prime SV Infinity slide, sides polished.

WA fibre re-inforced plastic parts.

Internal parts all checked, changed, smoothed and refitted where necessary.

Interesting to note that this donor came with SCW2 lowers and SCW3 uppers as standard. Although one could argue that SCW2 lowers are easier to work with, the truth for this choice is that WA chose to fit their stainless hammer, sear and disconnector to this pistol and they jointly are specific to the SCW2 range.

In this 'later' pistol WA have fitted their fibre reinforced plastic parts also. Better for strength and no need to fit PGC mags lips for reliable feeding.

I'm still undecided as to whether or not to leave the gold barrel and black trigger or swap both to silver.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

This is my take on the SV Masterpiece IMM IPSC pistol....

DSCF6913a.jpg

DSCF6914a.jpg

All standard TM internals. The rear sight fitment has been plated over and an internal compensator fitted to a standard TM 4.3 barrel. The slide muzzle has been cut sloped so it will fit in the specified size box (225mm ? x 150mm x 45mm high) as required by the new IPSC regulations.

Im still waiting on an experimental scope mount (my customizing of a Glock mount to the under side of the RIS) and a Panorama red dot.

Thanks 'Mobius' and yes it is 'kooky' I have to agree but it just grabbed my attention. The Glock scope mount has arrived now so im off to start grinding and filing, the scope mount I mean ;) Will post more piccies when its finished.

Loving the 'Brazzo custom' Hicapa 'heroshark' with the long barrel, nice :gun:

So, from what I can gather, this thread is for any double stack/hi-capa based 1911 style gun? If I'm wrong, let me know, and I can move this to the 1911 thread.

image.jpg

Started out as a KP08, but I decided I hated the squared slide and how hard it was to manipulate the snubby controls, so I canabilized my old KJW and transplanted the slide, catch and safety onto the grip.

Can anyone recommend some good replacement sights? I've got my eye on a few, but I'd like to know if there are any underrated gems out there. I'm also looking to replace the mag release with a low profile one, all I can find are extended buttons. Anyone have a source on what I'm looking for?

Thank you. :)

Edited by mrcheetos
  • 1 month later...

Have just installed a scope on my SV Masterpiece. Its not run of the mill as you can see, its a customized Glock 17 scope mount.

Seems to work ok but if this were 'real steel' the barrel vents are not that well placed, as it would blow the mount off lol!

Masterpiece2.jpg

Masterpiece1.jpg

Masterpiece3.jpg

And here's two of my 'Race guns' at rest...the Executive now has a WE mag funnel added.

ExecutiveandMasterpiece.jpg

MrManiac that is soo sweet, it came out very nice.

Wolf

Thank you :) I have tested her now and she fires exceptionally crisp, tight and can handle fast shooting (as fast as you can pull the tigger!). Its the accuracy that gets me for such a short barrel length (less than 2 inches!!) Over a distance of 125ft it can hit a dinner plate size area with ease B) The only draw back is the kick causing the scopes red dot to shift excessively off target between shots :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

7877746840_031b442f90_b.jpg

I just need to find a combination of a mag and slide catch, safety and hammer that I like now.

As my first "semi-custom" project, I've gained a lot of respect for you guys who build pistols from scratch. I also want to know what job you have, and if they're hiring.

The base gun is a KJW KP-08.

• 1 month later...