• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

Hot stuff....I'm doing a prog4 build myself with this set http://www.prog4.com/db/product-show.asp?refno=AR1793

I'll post pictures of the WIP as soon as the colour parts arrive (SD red grip and red c-more).

When I first saw your build I thought you were going for the "triple tap" movie IMM..

Edited by kenxin

sorry, added a dot to the link... should work now... actually, it doesn't...works if you copypaste it thou...

It's the same slide comp set as this: http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Airsoftsurgeon_Airsoft_Surgeon_2012_Infinity_GM_Open_Red.htm

which was my inspiration for the build.

What parts will you change?

Edited by kenxin

Ran across this part browsing Prog4: http://www.prog4.com/db/product-show.asp?refno=AR1891

Having had problems using heavier BBs with 9B hop rubber I think this little piece is muy excellente.

Bend the current arm and it will apply more hop for less dial rotation. I have done this for my KJW KP06 and it hops a .3 bb fine at minimal hop setting, just make sure it's a even bend!

Edited by LordElpus

Work in progress.

most external parts are TM en Nineball.

What exactly does the non-recoil barrel do?

Now I am looking for a 20mm mount to attach on the rail, over the slide. I don't like those drilled mounts.

Take a look in the sniper pistol thread: extensive discussion of mounts.

What exactly does the non-recoil barrel do?

It doesn't tilt, like the ProG4/Airsoft Surgeon ones. The slide lugs does not interact with the outer barrel at all. The Nineball parts are designed for the Japanese Airsoft Steel Challenge stuff. They want minimum recoil to get best shot to shot consistency.

Might want to consider short stroking that one also.

thanks for the comments and tips guys.

Internals are

PDI 6.01

Prometheus hopup rubber

AIP Alu hop up unit

Garder BBU unit

KJ Works Recoil spring.

I just checked how heavy the pistol is without magazine: 459gr.

To give you an idea; the standard TM frame weighs 167gr.

oh yes, I have a 4.3 on the building table. :D

If you're going for lightness, there's a new ultralight BBU out from Airsoft Surgeon. I have two of theirs in the previous incarnation, and find them excellent, so long as they are mated with AS nozzles, which are now hard to find.

They work with SD nozzle also...only problem in the past I've had is the screw for the piston head tend to come loose, as there are maybe 2 threads actually engaging....I drilled the countersunk hole deeper to get more thread engagement...

If you're going for lightness, there's a new ultralight BBU out from Airsoft Surgeon. I have two of theirs in the previous incarnation, and find them excellent, so long as they are mated with AS nozzles, which are now hard to find.

I have one from AIP, weighs only 21gr. 2gr. lighter than the previous AS. And cheaper, but don't know if it will work.

• 2 weeks later...

Mimesis, it occurs to me that you could make a living selling 'component bags' which contain the often small but necessary parts to build guns without a donor, especially since you know what needs to be in them having done it twice... We should get MAG on the project, they're in the little-bags-filled-with-little-parts business already.

This thread is, for the FIRST time, making me want a 'race' HiCapa - I think an all-aluminium 5.1 with overmount C-More. That said, I'm holding firm against the blockier SVs, and wish to point out that in England, an 'STI' is a 'sexually transmitted infection'. Does anyone here skirmish a pistol with a C-More or Doctor? Is it useful, or just excess baggage?

I think a RDS pistol definitely has merit....they are much faster than using irons....and more and more RS shooter are starting to use something like Trijicon RMR slide mounted with irons as back up. C-more might be bulkier though, if you don't use a speed rig you are pretty limited on holster....

Edited by RacingManiac

Firstly, I'm continually astonished that electronic sights are able to survive the recoil forces of a RS pistol. The reason I'm not jumping up and down over using an RMR clone for airsoft is the small sight window, which in my tiny mind has to mean decreased effectiveness, and the resetting of your sight picture with every shot as the slide and sight jump two inches towards you and then back. The C-More seems the popular IPSC choice (again, no idea why) and has that huge sight picture...

Secondly, I hadn't even thought about holstering it. IPSC holsters don't look too expensive, but they don't seem to offer a whole lot of protection to the gun - is the retention good? I know that's not what they're really designed for.