2011 Picture Thread

Wolf, what issue did you have with the kit? Airsoft Surgeon and ProG4 are the same thing, came from the same shop with the same design.....

I'd want to build a small 2011(Tiki or one of the 3.9 carry) , but as it is you are stuck with using full size grip and mags....which looks a bit goofy....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

RM you're right with the grip sizes!! I'd prefer to build a WA Tiki with a single stack frame but WA Tiki's are getting pretty hard to find these days.

I also thought that AS is the same as ProG4 but I really can't see the resemblance! I've build 2 ProG4 and ~ 5-6 Prime kits that went effortless comparing to this!

The issues... Firstly when I took the kit out of the box, it was extremely hard to separate the slide from the frame! I had to polish the rails so it's nice and smooth.

Then the recoil "plug" was also extremely hard to fit in place.

Also the color is too dull for my preferences and looks like light grey than silver! I'm seriously considering to polish the sides!

No the issue I still have is with the Prime grip...!

The black 5.1 mags go in and out smoothly but the silver 4.3 mags are pretty tight fit! If you push it all the in the I cant pull it out, I have to pull back the slide and push it down from the top!

I really don't want to do something with it, it extremely nice and I love it.

What would you suggest?

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dont see hi-capa in the list? 

Nous vous proposons la gamme standard de nos produits les plus demandés. Si vous avez un projet personnel ou si le modèle souhaité ne figure pas dans les menus, contactez-nous par e-mail à contact.taprackbang@gmail.com

They take special order.

• 3 months later...

lol, i dont know what came over me. B23r:

IMAG0699_zpsf01a7a7c.jpg

WE Hi-Capa Dragon

REAPS bucking

CQB Master 6.03 barrel

Short Stroked

BIC lighter nozzle return spring

CQB Master upgrade kit (recoil spring is usable, but its all 3.8" variant lengths, so the hammer spring is too short)

custom paint

Angel Custom grip tape

i even half assed most of this...

i may revisit the frame to mount a laser to make it that much closer, but the frame rails on these WEs are WAY out of spec and ill have to ruin my paint job to modify it.

though, i have to stop doing stuff like this. it cost me 200 to build it. who is going to give me 200 for this?

Edited by Horsem4n

WIP WA/KJW Infinity

Pretty much all WA parts except for the KJW frame and metal slide.  Need to get grip screws and a new hammer, otherwise it shoots decently with a snappy kick.

Nice but technically it should be in the 1911 thread, Para Ordnance is a Wide Body 1911 Frame, not a Polymer/Steel Hybrid 2011.

My understanding has always been that when STI eliminated the grip as an integral part of the lower frame, and instead screwed on the double-stack-capable polymer grip, the true 2011 was born.  That makes the P-O a kind of "missing link", but one ultimately closer to the 1911 (take off the side grip panels and compare its frame to that of a classic 1911).

I would say the parts on it as a double stack 1911 on a STI/SVI polymer frame can still have a classic looking slide, short controls and a non-ring hammer.

Either way a double stack doesn't make a 1911 a 2011 but you can make a 2011 system look like a polymer gripped 1911.

As for me I will stick to the 1911 and single stack, never could get round the fatter grip.

'FireKnife'

FireKnife, I have no idea how you put up with the pathetic gas capacity of those skinny double-stackers, especially in Scotland. Don't they just vent all over you?

He loves it when they "vent" all  over him :P

I'll soon be selling a Prime aluminium grip/magwell for £150 when  I can be hooped taking it off ;)

FireKnife, I have no idea how you put up with the pathetic gas capacity of those skinny double-stackers, especially in Scotland. Don't they just vent all over you?

In the winter I load to 21 and they never have an issue, in summer I load to 25 (not 26 as the spring stress is annoying on loading) and same never have an issue but then all my guns are plastic slided.

Though my new idea for a 2011 CQB uber-pistol might be fun to see.

'FireKnife'

My latest build... Infinity Tiki!

TM Hi Capa based.

It was a lot tougher than I originally thought, It need quite a few mods in order to fit and cycle properly... It's an Airsoft Surgeon kit, it's my first probably the last Airsoft Surgeon I'll ever buy, I expected more for $540 for just the kit, the color is too dull for my tastes and then I had fitting issues.

Maybe I'm too spoiled by Nova, Prime and ProG4 kits!!

PC160257_zpsd1c6ba5d.jpg

PC160253_zps93c95db3.jpg

PC160245_zps3fedc660.jpg

PC160243_zps402fe2a2.jpg

PC160236_zps6fc45d9a.jpg

Wolf

tiki kit plus prime grip.. heaven!

if you hate it so much wolf then send it to me :D!

anyone have one of those mobius airsoft surgeon grips?

i'm thinking of making a hicapa and those are cheaper than primes..