2011 Picture Thread

You don't have to be a millionaire. What you need is a normal steady job and priorities. Nice stuff Wolf!

My builds aren't that fancy yet but whenever I buy something... i make sure it's the best quality and if I can't afford it, I save up or buy them piece by piece.

Edited by famidesu
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

Quick follow-up report on the Airsoft Masterpiece grip (blue) that I used for the build in post #1508.

It has a nice profile, a little more comfortable than the stock TM.  The sandpaper (pretty fine grit, finer than Dawson Tactical) comes separately and is easy to install.  The grip looks naked without it.

Good fit to the lower frame.  Really none of the annoying gaps you sometimes see with Shooters Design models.

Now the downside.

The trigger hoop/bow fits pretty loosely inside the grip.  There are three factors at play here.

The grip's top is a bit wider than the frame.  The two sides are made a snug fit by screwing down the screws that attach it to the frame.  If you snug the screws down too far, the inside sides of the grip start to press against the sides of the hoop, causing problems.  If you don't snug down far enough, it will be loose, side-to-side.

The horizontal slots inside the grip that the hoop rides in are too tall, allowing the hoop movement up and down.  The fit is looser than the comparable slots in the stock TM.

The height of the hole through which the trigger is inserted is also a bit excessive.  A standard trigger is probably 0.75 mm less than the height of the rectangular hole in the grip.  This, combined with the sloppy hoop slots, makes for quite a bit of play.  This can be compensated for by the judicious use of tape, thin plastic sheets, glue, etc.

Overall, the grip is OK, especially if you know what you're getting in to.  Color is good and it seems sturdy.   I'm too cheap to shell out for the Prime aluminum ones, or the recently introduced UAC metal ones.  I see, though, that UAC has just brought out a plastic version of their metal one, which might be worth investigating.

http://shop.impactforcecqb.com/locale/en-US/category/Ultimate%20Airsoft%20Custom

Dip a very little bit of grease in the groove on the top of the breech/blowback unit housing/piston, put the spring in there and do it as usual.

Try not to flip it upside down while putting it in.

For grease I mean paste like and able to hold it's shape but not sticky, like the white one you find while opening a Marui gearbox, or the ointment tube like thingy that comes with Marui AEG spare parts.

Dip a very little bit of grease in the groove on the top of the breech/blowback unit housing/piston, put the spring in there and do it as usual.

Try not to flip it upside down while putting it in.

For grease I mean paste like and able to hold it's shape but not sticky, like the white one you find while opening a Marui gearbox, or the ointment tube like thingy that comes with Marui AEG spare parts.

Thanks 8^)  I will use the white lithium grease that I use for my AEG gears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm disappointed by how fragile the slide release area/notch is on the TM plastic slides.  I was showing my buddy how to rack the slide back instead of using the slide release, and he somehow manages to wear down the slide release notch so that my slide won't lock back anymore. >.<  I had to Dremel down the area and use an exacto blade to scape another notch into the slide.  I was expecting the slide to be a lot more durable.

Also, when I tried to use Blue Loctite to secure a fiber optic front sight to the plastic slide the Blue Loctite ended up melting off the ridges (on the slide, under the front sight) that hold the front sight in place.  I should have taken a hint when the Loctite bottle read, "not for use with plastics."  I found out that Loctite 425 is the right one to use (freakin' expensive though).  I hope someone here will learn from my mistake.

Do what I do to fix front sights, barrel out, drill a 2mm hole in the middle of the dove tail, slip on the sight, pump glue in the hole through the hole in the inside of the slide and let it dry, works on metal slides too and no unsightly white residue.

Bladerider that is by far the coolest looking 2011 I have ever seen, I usually hate the sight of any 2011 as I'm a 1911 nut case, the big grips because of the double stack mag as well as the square trigger guards really look weird IMO, but that is something special. How does it shoot? How much did it cost? and any chance of a parts list?

Knowing me, I'll probably render my slide inoperable if I attempt such thing. ^_^

Do what I do to fix front sights, barrel out, drill a 2mm hole in the middle of the dove tail, slip on the sight, pump glue in the hole through the hole in the inside of the slide and let it dry, works on metal slides too and no unsightly white residue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have been having problems with my TM 4.3 stainless hi-capa.

Recently I installed a Deepfire 6.02mm barrel into my stock TM 4.3.  Not long later I began to have problems.

Game A.  At the end of a 3 hr game... The bbs would fall out when I shoot.  This occurred along with a visibly huge (duster) gas cloud by the chamber - maybe I overloaded the mag with gas?  I had it checked at a store, and it functioned flawlessly when they were testing it out.

Game B.  Gun seemed to work fine at the beginning of the game.  A few hours later my gun would shoot very weakly.  BB dropping after 3 meters.

Testing at home.  I pull the hammer down with no round in the chamber so that my pistol would load itself after I pulled the trigger once.  When I tried this a bb fell out of the pistol after the slide moved forward.  I racked a round into the chamber and fired at a piece of cardboard 2m away.  A bb fired and pierced the cardboard, but the next round fell out of the barrel.  I turned my hop-up all the way down and tried this again.  Same results.

Any ideas what my problems could be?

A few days ago, I switched back to the stock barrel (from Deepfire 6.02MM barrel) to do some testing.  The TM hop up rubber seems to have more contact surface with bb when using the stock barrel.  But there’s still a 50/50 chance that a BB will fall out when I rack the slide.

More Testing…(w/ stock barrel)

Shoot gun w/ chamber empty --> bb falls out of barrel

Rack slide and shoot              --> next round falls out of barrel.

-----------------------------------

I left the gun alone for a few days, and did some more testing just now.  (Still stock barrel.)

Put bbs in.  Rack slide.  Round falls out.  Do it again; round stays in.

Shot about 5-6 mags (each time only loading 5-7 rounds).  BB seems to stay in the barrel now when I rack the slide.

Gun seems to be shooting fine now for the most part.  During shooting, there were two instances where a BB fell out after the slide blowback.

---------------------------------------------

Hopefully my gun will be problem free for awhile.

And maybe I need an upgraded hop-up if I wanna put the Deepfire barrel back in.

Not really being helpful but you may want to try out some other rubber with wider/longer/thicker contact patch, most of them have thicker entrance wall that has better sealing with the nozzle.

BTW not sure if this will work on pistols, but I do a slight inner bevel on the nozzles of most of my non-pistol GBBs ( yes I DO NOT do that on my pistols, as most of them are TMs and they work fine ) , I believe that BBs seat not as front as stock position in chamber which will help prevent your problem.

The only internal parts I changed were the inner barrel and the nozzle return spring (in the blowbk unit). 

Pistol is pretty much "new" and worked fine for awhile after installing the Deep Fire barrel (until recently). 

First, BBs would drop to the ground after 3m when I was shooting. 

Then BBs would fall out from racking the slide / the slide blowing bk.

My best guess is that over time, the DF inner barrel changed the shape of the hop-up bucking.

By the way, any1 got opinions on hi-capa hop up buckings? 

9ball and Fire Fly are about $18-24, while SAPH and King Arms are about $8

How can I tell if I'm gettin' ma money's worth?