• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

On 11/8/2021 at 12:55 AM, aznriptide859 said:

Curious but did you have any issues getting the tail safety to fit within the grip OK? Mine isn't long enough and the catches don't reach the hammer spring housing, so the tail safety just flips outwards freely.

Well, the P's grip safety doesn't actually work but it's not quite sloppy flips out though.

• 7 months later...

I'm actually having a little trouble with this kit come to think of it, if anyone can help.

Try as I might, switching out leaf springs, hammer springs, etc. I always seem to have one of three problems.

1. The hammer only drops to half cock (AM leaf spring)

2. The trigger works without the grip safety depressed.

Regardless of parts, the trigger feels a lot stiffer than I'm used to, rather than a smooth travel to a bite and break, theres resistance at first, like it snags on something.

It's been so long since I did any internal tinkering in these ( I'm only just getting back into it after a LONG hiatus). I'm not sure if the trigger bar is stock, but all the hammer/sear parts are stock afaik.

19 hours ago, hardboiledcop said:

and you mate :)

I hate facebook so I thought I'd drop in.

Where are you buying from nowadays? I've been reminiscing about thr days of buying WA 1911's for 800HKD with no import fees.

Elite's gone. hicapahub is a little sparse, and I've no idea where's best to order from abroad.

Boom Arms

www.boomarms.com

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/7/2021 at 5:55 PM, aznriptide859 said:

Curious but did you have any issues getting the tail safety to fit within the grip OK? Mine isn't long enough and the catches don't reach the hammer spring housing, so the tail safety just flips outwards freely.

I have completed my build so far and I have the same ISSUE you mentionned in your previous post :

20220831_grip_screw_installated2.thumb.jpg.3612f614453434f350031ec8d48d2cf6.jpg

20220831_grip_screw_installated4.thumb.jpg.b3c2e8a39948686a017ee9c660223a37.jpg

The Grip Tail safety is too short or the Hammer Spring Housing is not long enough, as it lacks 1-3mm to catch the 2 notchs of the Grip tail safety :

20220829_Grip_lower_frame_safety_on.thumb.jpg.04718892f9ed005af8bfa23600e7d0b5.jpg

It may happens when cooking manually the hammer, that the grip tail safety flips outwards freely.

Otherwise, when racking the slide manually, I do not have that issue.

Meantime with some kind of floating grip tail safety, some issues can occur when firing the airsoft gun....

I may replace the stock NOVA Staccato grip by an Armsaholic STI stippled one to avoid that problem due to some misconception from the manufacturer.

Other than that, I am more than satisfied with this build, the NOVA Staccato XC is a great quality kit.

Raydee

P.S : my english written is not perfect as I am not a native english speaking guy)

Edited by Raydee
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...