• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

Sweeeeet Edge-Collector.

I got a quote for that same Raymond Ho slide set but decided I could spend the $601 on more needed things.

I do absolutely love the look of the Limcat Turbo-Comp though.

Is the frame in the picture also a Raymond Ho? If so is it aluminum or steel?

How is the fitment and finishing of the slide/barrel set? I would expect it to be perfect for the cost.

Relax- thats a nice pistol. Did you have to so any serious fitting for the beaver tail or was it a drop in fit? You polished the mags?

Edge Collector - Is that your first Raymond Ho? You got just the basic top end right? As in: Slide, Outer Barrel and Guide rod? What frame is that?

Are you planning on getting one of his Limcat frames?

Sweeeeet Edge-Collector.

I got a quote for that same Raymond Ho slide set but decided I could spend the $601 on more needed things.

I do absolutely love the look of the Limcat Turbo-Comp though.

Is the frame in the picture also a Raymond Ho? If so is it aluminum or steel?

How is the fitment and finishing of the slide/barrel set? I would expect it to be perfect for the cost.

The frame is a custom Shooters Design STI by me!

The barrel and fixed compensator

Otherwise the finish and really beautiful little as you see on the pictures

Edge Collector - Is that your first Raymond Ho? You got just the basic top end right? As in: Slide, Outer Barrel and Guide rod? What frame is that?

Are you planning on getting one of his Limcat frames?

Yes it is my first Raymond Ho!

Raymond Ho kit and consist of:

Slide, barrel chamber compensator (in a single tracks), bushing, rod guide

Raymond Ho parts

imgp0512.jpg

Excuse me I speak very little English :unsure:

fal, the SD V12 slide is on two of my guns so far (a TM 1911, and a TM hicapa w/ Freedom Art TLE/RL2 frame). i wasn't the one who fit them though, but i haven't heard any complaints from the people who did. also, why would you want to go with the 9ball outer when the whole purpose of having the v12 slide is to have the v12 ports on the outer barrel?

Edited by asinapple8805

A question about the V12 slide, does it also have the SD bushing cutout?

SD slides in general are very nicely made, but they are best with SD barrel and chamber....

If you want a SD Springfield slide for that 1911 look on a Hi-Capa, you are better off with SD Springfield Custom slide without the V12 cutout, run it with SD bushing and straight barrel(basically like mine above but with a Springfield slide)...

fal, the SD V12 slide is on two of my guns so far (a TM 1911, and a TM hicapa w/ Freedom Art TLE/RL2 frame). i wasn't the one who fit them though, but i haven't heard any complaints from the people who did. also, why would you want to go with the 9ball outer when the whole purpose of having the v12 slide is to have the v12 ports on the outer barrel?

Thanks for the information. :)

The point, well is because I already have nineball outerbarrel. And I won't be getting ported outerbarrel anytime soon. I know for V12 slide, you would want matching outerbarrel, but that's besides the point. What I'm wondering is, does it work with nineball outer or not. So at least I can use it till I can buy V12 outerbarrel, rather than it just sits there and waiting.

Another thing is that this build is for field use, so essentialy I want to optmise it for gas and climate efficency. I was hoping the compensation port on V12 would save some weight of the slide. You may glimpsed here that I'm not necessarily trying to build accurate V12 model, but rather taking advantage of its design for custom build. I work with pistols exclusively both on the field and range. Naturaly I like it to be customised to my preferece, which are obviously why I chose 2011/1911 platform. For instance, I don't like bever tail grip safty. It just doesn't work for my hand. But I prefer flat spring housing, which enhances weapon handling and secure grip.

Appearance is one thing, but I'd like them to be practical and tactical first.

Another reason is that I hate how the front sight is fixed on the slide. It just loses and can be knocked out/around. I quite like the idea that V12 slide has front sight fixed on to it, or so I belive.

Thanks.

i understand what you mean brother. i'm not a huge fan on chairsofters either. i play with my guns and i skirm them hard. i might suggest going with the shooters design STI custom slide. i had one of those on my capa and they had cuts near where the gas ports would be on the v12 slide. less weight, true, but i don't think you gain that much in performance to be noticable.

this is a pic of one of the first hicapas i've owned. This is an OLD pic.

IMG_2261.jpg

hey Maniac, but having a v12 slide with a straight outer barrel is never fun. haha.

also, fal, i have another hicapa 4.3 with a SD Infinity LDC slide and it's mated with the Nineball 4.3 outer. on my first capa, i had problems with a 9ball outer and an SD slide, but there isn't a lot you CAN'T fix with a good set of files, steady hands, and a dremel tool. My biggest concern with running the 9 ball outer and the SD aluminum slide is that your barrel will get ripped to shreds after a few hundred rounds. the barrel on my 4.3 is good evidence of this. under the 9ball outer barrel's outer coating is some "not so nice" metal. it will end up looking like sheit after a while. if you're looking for a straight, one piece outer, i have one from my NOVA kit. i've cycled it maybe 100 times so it's a little scratched up, but let me know if you're interested. markings on it say ".45 ACP" on the chamber.

also, i've always fixed the problem of a loose front sight with a little bit of ingenuity and a little bit of epoxy.

Edited by asinapple8805
i understand what you mean brother. i'm not a huge fan on chairsofters either. i play with my guns and i skirm them hard. i might suggest going with the shooters design STI custom slide. i had one of those on my capa and they had cuts near where the gas ports would be on the v12 slide. less weight, true, but i don't think you gain that much in performance to be noticable.

this is a pic of one of the first hicapas i've owned. This is an OLD pic.

[Edit: Pics cropped out to save bandwidth. No offense. :) ]

hey Maniac, but having a v12 slide with a straight outer barrel is never fun. haha.

also, fal, i have another hicapa 4.3 with a SD Infinity LDC slide and it's mated with the Nineball 4.3 outer. on my first capa, i had problems with a 9ball outer and an SD slide, but there isn't a lot you CAN'T fix with a good set of files, steady hands, and a dremel tool. My biggest concern with running the 9 ball outer and the SD aluminum slide is that your barrel will get ripped to shreds after a few hundred rounds. the barrel on my 4.3 is good evidence of this. under the 9ball outer barrel's outer coating is some "not so nice" metal. it will end up looking like sheit after a while. if you're looking for a straight, one piece outer, i have one from my NOVA kit. i've cycled it maybe 100 times so it's a little scratched up, but let me know if you're interested. markings on it say ".45 ACP" on the chamber.

also, i've always fixed the problem of a loose front sight with a little bit of ingenuity and a little bit of epoxy.

That is nice looking gun! Looks solid shooter. :)

Thanks for very informative reply. :) I have/had SD slide on my glocks, SIG pro and WA 1911s, but never had exprience with ones made for Marui hicapa/1911. I utterly agree that nineball outerbarrel is very much inferiour to other properly machined barrels. I think it is one of my worst regrettable purchase I have ever made. In fact, I lost all the faith for Nineball parts after getting their ABS slides. Horribly overpriced their stuff is.(even in "airsoft standard"!!) I'm not exactly sure what this barrel is made out of but certainly "not so nice" metal for sure!!

I also do think the porting won't save much of weight, but it was more of combination of the fact that it attracted my attention. Especialy the front sight attachment to the slide. And it comes with porting. I thought myself, 'why not? good bonus!'. :P

That is indeed unfortunate to hear that SD slides won't work well with nineball barrel. I might have to consider getting SD chamber + threaded outerbarrel set. This setup would work with V12 slide correct? I think I might have to cut out for notch for bushings though. But I also agree having 1911 barrel + bushing on V12 slide is, appearance wise, abomination. :P

I might have to reconsider PGC slide(springfield armoury) instead. Garrrrr

I also thought about permanantly glueing front sight onto the slide using epoxy but I just didn't like the fact that it will be permanantly on there. In some cases I might want to put different sight systems on or change slide and transfer existing sight on, then I would have to make extra expense to get the simple job done. But it may have to be an option to consider I'm afraid.

I will PM you about the Nova barrel. :)

Thanks.

Edited by fal
Here my hi-capa 5.1

Bought it second hand from this forum ,

from Curious if i'm right...

A few internals modified

And painted grip...

polished outer barrel and the return spring guide...

*snip*

Nice gun. If I didn't know better though I would think that you stole my orange Hi-Capa grip. It looks virtually identical to the one that I used on my Limcat for quite some time.

Are you using the gun to skirmish or competitively shoot targets?

Be fun to see a few more shots.

Edited by Romulus
Nice gun. If I didn't know better though I would think that you stole my orange Hi-Capa grip. It looks virtually identical to the one that I used on my Limcat for quite some time.

Are you using the gun to skirmish or competitively shoot targets?

Be fun to see a few more shots.

Sry about that ,

didnt know that , i saw a picture of a orange grip hi-capa on a french forum...

So , i printed it , and let my grand-father (who is an artist painter) paint my grip just the same...

sorry if i offended you...

then , it has seen some "pistol only" skirmishes...

but now i want to use it in shooting targets..

more pictures to folow...

I am actually very happy to see that others have had the same idea I had. I didn't mean to come off in a negative way at all. My apologies for any confusion.

The other picture is cool too. It's a very unique piece. I hope that this isn't the last we see of it.

Edit: If it's not to hard could you post a link to the picture that inspired your gun? It would be fun to see a third variation.

Edited by Romulus
That is indeed unfortunate to hear that SD slides won't work well with nineball barrel. I might have to consider getting SD chamber + threaded outerbarrel set. This setup would work with V12 slide correct? I think I might have to cut out for notch for bushings though. But I also agree having 1911 barrel + bushing on V12 slide is, appearance wise, abomination. :P

I might have to reconsider PGC slide(springfield armoury) instead. Garrrrr

SD do make a non-V12 version Springfield slide. They look different from the PGC SA Operator slide with different style of cocking sarration but it is compatible to SD bushing.

Damn dude! Got MAGS?

666Cowboy - those are some unique WE Dragons. With all those mags you should be shooting the postal matches (check my sig).

I'm really happy to see a bunch of different 2011's here lately.

I'm down to 2 guns and since the 2011 thread has split...I don't have any pics here on MKII

so here's some small ones so I don't take up too much room here.

The TwoTones

CIMG3127-1.jpg

CIMG3131-2.jpg

CIMG3128-1.jpg

Thanks fellows. The dragons are 7 inch we striker dragons with 150% springs for efficiency. The rest of the internals are stock. They have never gone down in a game with around probably 500 mags through them last year. I have run them for two years now. They shoot 365 with .25's and propane. The red grips are from Evike and the coins are from JP Cycle. I drilled and them dremeled the grips and then epoxied them in place to sit flush. The magwell are WE as well.

The TM is stock except for the WE striker I put on it from a parts gun. I drilled the frame for the bottom peice of the striker. It is screwed from the inside so the bottom piece cannot come off. I then drilled and tapped the front striker peice with a 8/32 screw since the two screws that normal hold it in place will not screw into the TM frame.

Since I run only pistols I carry ten extra mags. I got tired of reloading all the time. I normally go through about 40-50 mags in a day, dependent on if I have my dual G18c along.

That is the first one I have ever seen as well. It seems a tad high to me. I mean the SD one is already pushing it.

I needed to finish this hi-capa very urgent...

i'm starting to rebuild my house , so in a few wheeks all my funds will go to the house...

but , what scope mount should i use then?

i didnt know it would be this high...