• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

sweet. hay, how are KSC STIs? i was browsing collectorairsoft, and they say that KSCs are better than WA and Marui (well, in stock form at least...). and they are more powerful. any truth to this?

im really liking the striker. how solid are the flanges off the back of the slide?

Edited by Horsem4n

They kick like a maul, have a hair trigger (While demonstrating the hair trigger, I had an onlooking say "*suitcase*, I didn't know they did those in full auto!"), and are very very accurate. 1" grouping on target with 3 shots taken in a 1/2 step advance.

As for power, over 300 FPS last time they were chrono'd, with Abbey Ultra, and the hammer guards are pretty sturdy. After using and abusing for awhile, I've had to reglue one of them only.

What I would watch out for, as much as I love them, spare parts are a PITA. I'd love to replace the slides, as they are showing signs of wear around the hammer point.

On the other hand, the polymer frame and sightes are actually supplied to KSC by STI, so... Ummm, I don't expect those to break anytime soon.

Slide is the weak point of the design, and the only reason I'd caution against getting one. If you're planning on using it as a day-to-day skirmisher, I'd recommend another 2011 with a metal slide.

The stronger the gas you use, the quicker you'll find problems. On mine, the rear of the slide where the hammer would strike is showing wear and tear. On one of them, there is a crack at that point, but as the sight holds it together at that point, it's not caused any worries, just something to be aware of.

The STI Edge 5.1 Strike is just a beast of a gun tho', the Strike front end is just so intimidating, and the shot-shot reliability, accuracy and ROF are incredible. The speed at which the slide cycles is probably part of the wear and tear problem, it's so fast and snappy that I think it puts a fair amount of stress on the relatively weak ABS at that point.

Bearing in mind, that I bought both of mine second hand with an unknown amount of prior use, and I have put a fair few mags through them myself, I can't complain to much.

The day someone makes replacement metal slides for the KSC guns, I'll be a happy man!

On another note, as you can probably tell by my post count and join date, I've been out of the hobby for a while, the last time I used them was probably 2 years ago. Well, there's no worries about the mag seals, all the mags still had gas in when I took the photo's a few hours ago, and both guns cycled happily without needing any lube.

Edited by Road_Dancer

I wish there was more aftermarket support for KSC 2011s.

Replacement and upgrade parts are so severely limited, which makes the guns themselves very undesirable to me.

But the do look great and perform well in stock form.

As a stock gun their realism is better than TM or WA.

Their finish is bit better than TM or WA. Overall quality they (KSC TM WA) are all about the same.

As far as grips are concerned, they are supposedly produced by STI as stated on KSC's website: The grip and MEINSUPURINGUHAUJINGU (mainspring housing), STI has been molded in a special arrangement with the air gun a real gun mold, Made in the USA, Made By STI, very real!

-I think the mold is the same, but different (ABS - like BigAl said) material is used.

There are a couple of STI 2011's that are supposed to have metal slides.

There is a TW version of KSC and there is an "American" KWA version.

There is this gun (all metal) I found which looks freakin awesome (maybe what Racing Maniac is refering to as the TW KSC version)

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-gbb-smg...gbb-pistol.html

ksc-gun-2011nh43_1_mark.jpg

On Tokyo Model Companies website it is listed as System 7

Then there's the USA KWA metal version here

Edited by the4thpower3

yeah, i know about that model. in the US its know as the "1911DS PTP". it preforms MONSTROUSLY well. ASGI reported FPS of ~400 and people have used them in 25ºf weather and they still worked fine.

but i am more interested in 5-6 inch models.

My STI Hybrid, wish I could get a full metal version of this gun.

STIHybrid.jpg

And before anyone accuses me of knicking the picture of Snowmans Site ( Just Pistol's ) I did, but it's my gun. I bought it off him a few years ago.

Edited by BigAl
HorseM4n - I don't think there is such a thing as a full metal 5"+ KSC STI series.

Great gun BigAl, it is really too bad you can't get metal slides etc. for that gun. No red dot?

i know, im just saying that i wish there was a 5+ inch version available.

Swapped a few parts around on my STI SCS to get it looking a bit sharper. However, I just made a deal to trade the slide so this is the last that will be seen of this gun in the current set-up. I think that it's next phase will be getting a plastic slide and a full auto mod. If someone needs a base gun though I'd probably sell it as well. It is a very nice shooter though. I've also been experimenting on a WE and it's not even funny how much better this shoots. You just cannot beat TM.

I also had a bit of fun doing up a custom adjustable trigger for this. I was going to re-tune the hammer mech but didn't get around to it.

p1060260b.jpg

p1060271.jpg

p1060261.jpg

p1060265o.jpg

Current Bits List:

Tokyo Mauri Hi-Capa 5.1

Hi-Capa 4.3 Mag

WE Grip (Black)

SD STI Custom Shop Slide (Two Tone)

SD Steel Recoil Bushing

KA 150% Hammer Spring

9Ball 6.03mm TB