• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a bit of time to finish swapping things around with my WA SVI project.

This is the first gun that I did. It's for sale now but I wish I could keep it.

wasvisale1.jpg

wasvisale2.jpg

wasvisale3.jpg

Aside from the PGC metal slide this is just built up from various stock WA parts.

Edited by Romulus

These two Hi-cap's ive been tinkering with for some time and I think their now finished...nearly.. :rolleyes:

(sorry about the single stackers included in photos).

Commandersize1911pair.jpg

The 4.3 has had the following done to it:

Both the slide top and frame dust cover rounded,

Customized 5.1 trigger added,

Nineball Svenson style single safety,

5.1 grip safety,

5.1 mag release,

Freedom Art glow fore sight added,

Barrel has been painted.

Grip has been re-textured and badge added.

Baerpair.jpg

The 5.1 has had the following done to it:

Tanio Koba grip,

WE CQB custom engraved 'Les Baer' slide added,

Rear sight re-shaped,

5.1 frame dust cover rounded off,

Nineball trigger,

Tanio Kobe hammer,

Custom shaped 5.1 grip safety,

Out of interest. Where do all you guys get those grippy grip tape? I thought they were sand paper when i first saw them.

I could use some on my M4 mags.

If your referring to the rough texture to the front strap on the Talon II, it is sandpaper :)

I simply used a piece of industrial 'red type' from a belt sander at work and inset it into the front strap, keeping it in place by tucking both edges under the grips.

'ezgil' wrote: may i ask how you grew the huevos as well as simply how you managed to add those front cocking serrations to that les baer

Thanks :D Yes it was a nerve racking experience as if it went wrong.... :( The cocking serrations to the Premier II were cut using a junior hack saw and a lot of patience ;) The local engravers couldn't do it only the writing for the logo's.

The Custom carry is a WE metal CQB slide which had them on all ready, I just had the 'Les Baer' logo added by a local engravers.

Out of interest. Where do all you guys get those grippy grip tape? I thought they were sand paper when i first saw them.

I could use some on my M4 mags.

For pistols...

http://www.ericwesselman.com/store/STI_SV.html

I posted the 2011 page because thats this thread, but they have other ones...You have to cut the screw holes yourselves though...

For mag I'd imagine you can use skateboard grip tape too....

original.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After a some parts swapping I think that I have the base of my Magna WA 6" Hybrid. I still need to clean up the outer barrel and add I few internal upgrades but I think that the look is pretty final (I also swaped in silver grip screws after I took the pictures).

It took quite a while to find the parts that I wanted for this. I don't believe that WA makes a gun stock that has a non-railed 6" LDC frame and a hybrid upper. I think that non-railed 6" LDC's are the only way to go and I had my heart set on a hybrid and I love the effect.

hyeagle3.jpg

hyeagle2.jpg

hyeagle4.jpg

hyeagle1.jpg

Bits:

WA Magna 6" Hybrid

WA OEM Parts

SD? STI Hybird Eagle 6.0 Metal Slide