2011 Picture Thread

First the sight picture.....shooting RDS on pistol on C-More is interesting at first, especially on a older style setup like mine:

original.jpg

The "dot acquisition" is a trained technique, as the height over bore on that setup is higher than the regular iron, so you have to keep practice to bring the pistol up to the proper height to see the dot. Once you are used to it its not a problem. You are not really peeking through the window(this is the same with all RDS, Aimpoint, C-More, RMR, even Eotech), the window has a dot projected on it, but the dot really is floating in space in your FOV. If you acquired the proper sight picture, the dot is just "there". You have both of your eye open and you just put the dot where you want to shoot. You don't need to line up the sight like you do with irons, and your target is in focus with the dot over it, the window size never play that big a role IMO. The newer style C-more mount(made for slide ride C-more) with the 90 deg mount puts the glass closer to the bore axis so the change front iron to the RDS is not as drastic:

556-015.jpg

With something like the RMR its even closer as it basically can be inline with the sight plane of the irons. The difference between RMR-style slide mounted sight to a fix mounted C-more is that the sight doesn't move with the slide, as there are no real recoil even on GBB for airsoft, the dot can stay pretty much still and its super easy to maintain sight on target and transition between target. The slide mount style sight does move, so its a bit less stable. But thats no different than irons....

As for holster goes, a good IPSC Speed Rig like Ghost or CR Speed, the retention is pretty good. These guys do run around with their guns and it needs to stay there. But they aren't really made for lots of crawling or bumping into stuff...

Edited by RacingManiac
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

Also look at it this way, aiming irons you are looking through a tiny notch and placing the front sight in the middle of it at the right height. Running a RMR style sight on slide, you are doing the sight acquisition the with the same presentation of the gun, and if your bring up your regular iron sight picture, the dot should be right there....

Thanks for the explanation, it's much appreciated by a total noob like myself. In my view the C-More is evidently quite a dated system (just looking at the sheer size of it versus the RMR, which does the same thing) but it just looks somehow more right for the space-age Hi-Capa. Obviously, I'm starting with 'I want the tool' rather than 'I need a tool for a job', but even with that desire organised IPSC-style competition is apparently lacking in the UK. That makes the obvious application of a huge, unholsterable RDS-equipped pistol pistol-only games, but I'm not sure I can justify a whole Hi-Capa just for those. Maybe I'll have to try someone else's and see how it goes... Thankyou for your input!

The newer RMR style setup I think is really bridging that gap between C-more style space gun(I like to think of them as golf clubs, they are serving a very specific purpose) to something more practical. They can be holstered and the training transition is a lot less specific. Though for airsoft its still kinda hard as I don't think that style of mounting is that practical with the BBU being there. I hope them when someone makes a FNP they can keep that in mind...:D

FNH-fnp-45-tactical.jpg

Coincidentally, the last week I've been looking, on and off, at race gun silde kits and conversion kits. A definite temptation, though I'm not yet decided as the expense is considerable and as has been said, the applications are limited.

Was thinking that if I did it, I'd ikely go for the side-mounted Aimpoint Micro style, which seems like a good compromise. Thoughts?

567-119.jpg

Aside from pretty expensive, I don't see why not...

C-More are cheap by RS standard, the Serendipity style C-More is just over $200 with the plastic mount. With the slide ride + some kind of machined mount is still just around $300 something. Aimpoint H1 + mount will be twice that....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a paper shooter but I love 2011s, moreso than 1911s, here's my 5 now I 'think' I've finished them, all stock internal and shoot flawlessly,

hicapa.jpg

4.3 both have SD grips on them and SD STI slides, the silver slided one is my FU 4.3 as it's an extreme, so much fun to unleash :P

5.1, SD or AS kits, the blue grip is a cheap clone but it fits great and feels good, SD grip on the wildcat,

the two tone Infinity is my baby, Prime alu-grip so so comfy (I got it half price second hand *win*) AS 2 part trigger just an amazing pistol :D

I used a marui hi-capa 4.3 as donorgun and still using the original grip safety :unsure:

Interesting! What I never realized is that the grip safety on the black version is quite different from that on the two-tone, as are thumb safety, hammer, and trigger.

TM-GBB-HICAP43-L.jpg

TM-GBB-HICAPA43DSC-1L.jpg

Edited by mimesis
  • 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest, does anyone have a photo of a C-More mounted vertically over a 4.3? I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I find compensators spoil the proportions of the guns for me; I think I could even get along with a 5.1 if it didn't have a two-inch comp stacked on the end. I absolutely love RacingManiac's little Infinity:

original.jpg

[EDIT]Similar to krame's Infinity, but without the frickin' comp!

3430254247_86f853ecfa_o.jpg

[/EDIT]

Edited by PureSilver

I thought it was the best illustration of my idea that 'shorter is better', but I'm not exactly clued-up on 2011s. The 3.9 is probably too short for the look I've got in my head. If your pistol (at the top of this page) had a 4.3 slide on it, would it end where the dustcover is? (If so, that's probably too short too, and I'd be better off with a regular 5.1 slide on a 4.3 grip.)

I thought it was the best illustration of my idea that 'shorter is better', but I'm not exactly clued-up on 2011s. The 3.9 is probably too short for the look I've got in my head. If your pistol (at the top of this page) had a 4.3 slide on it, would it end where the dustcover is? (If so, that's probably too short too, and I'd be better off with a regular 5.1 slide on a 4.3 grip.)

The Limcat has a regular 5.1 style frame(government length dust cover). The slide is about the size of a 4.3. If you take away the comp on that setup its probably what you are describing....

• 2 weeks later...

My latest build... Infinity Tiki!

TM Hi Capa based.

It was a lot tougher than I originally thought, It need quite a few mods in order to fit and cycle properly... It's an Airsoft Surgeon kit, it's my first probably the last Airsoft Surgeon I'll ever buy, I expected more for $540 for just the kit, the color is too dull for my tastes and then I had fitting issues.

Maybe I'm too spoiled by Nova, Prime and ProG4 kits!!

PC160257_zpsd1c6ba5d.jpg

PC160253_zps93c95db3.jpg

PC160245_zps3fedc660.jpg

PC160243_zps402fe2a2.jpg

PC160236_zps6fc45d9a.jpg

Wolf