whats wrong with airsoftscotland.

simpson7647

hi all around a week ago i made an order of a gun and got a confirmation saying all.

Then a day or 2 later i thought why and decided to cancel the order as i will buy another gun.

But after around a week i haven't had a response at all, is this because they are on holiday :S or....

thanks

any help on if you ordered from airsoftscotland recently and if you have had the same problem will be appreciated.

You got a confirmation saying all? Brilliant, can I have a copy, I'd love to know all. Good for parties.

Have they taken the money from your account? If they have, they've probably already sent it.

Airsoft Scotland are pretty crud at answering emails. Call them and it'll be sorted double quick.

So, let's get this straight....

You ordered a gun from ASW, asked for it to be painted and then, after a couple of days, you changed your mind about buying it and now you're wondering why ASW haven't responded to your enquiries?

Do you think it's fair that you should leave them with a painted gun that they're unlikely to be able to sell simply because you changed your mind?

That's kind of abusing the system IMO.

Did you pay for an email then? What do you expect them to say. If they've taken your money, they've formed a contract, and therefore you can expect what you've paid for. You said they sent you a confirmation email. There's nothing else they need to do, except paint your gun, and send it to you.

I just can't grasp what the problem is. Do you want them to send you an email saying " Hey, how was your day?"... they're an airsoft shop, and your a customer.. you aren't a girl ( well you might be) who got drunk, slept with a guy called Airsoft Scotland, and he never called you again.

I think he's saying that, a couple of days after ordering the gun, he emailed ASW telling them to cancel the order and he hasn't had an email back from them to confirm they've cancelled the order.

Frankly, if I was cancelling an order I'd do it over the phone.

I certainly wouldn't do it by email and risk, two weeks later, the stuff I didn't want arriving on my doorstep.

Hey guys, lay off... The OP is asking a simple question.

So, as I understand it, you confirmed an order for a two-tone gun, then a day or two later, changed your mind about it, and sent a cancellation/change of mind e-mail.

NB: I doubt AirsoftScotland have painted the entire gun within two days of order confirmation. Infact, it would be silly for them to do it so fast, without leaving time for cancellations. They DID say two weeks for turnaround...

So it's been a week now without you hearing from them, and you're worried they didn't get your request to change your mind about your order?

I suggest you call them ASAP, and politely ask whether they recieved your e-mail. (They probably get a lot, so they might not have even read yours yet.)

Tell them over the phone your problem, and in the future, call ahead of your e-mails, especially if you're having custom-ish work done.

Ben.

P.S. The OP only has 50 forum posts, and joined Arnies Airsoft only a couple of weeks ago. I don't mean to be offensive, but I hate seeing people lay into new airsofters/people new to the boards. While only having joined Arnies recently might not mean the OP is new to airsoft, it could be a possibility. In the spirit of keeping the sport public-friendly, and accessible to newcomers, shouldn't we be extra patient with new board members?

Sorry for voicing my opinions, and please feel free to comment back on my viewpoint.

Ben.

The Weekend Warriors.

Hey guys, lay off... The OP is asking a simple question.

You realise, of course, that your post actually adds nothing to the thread besides criticising others? :rolleyes:

*EDIT*

To be blunt (and no disrespect to ASW) if it was me and somebody ordered a gun off me then, 2 days later, sent me an email to cancel it, I'd do my best to get the gun out of the door as quickly as possible cos I'd rather have money in the bank than stock on the shelves.

I could only do that because I am free to ignore an email.

If the buyer phones me up to talk to me we might have an argument but, at the end of it, I could not claim ignorance of the buyers wishes.

If this guy was daft enough to rely on email to cancel a legally binding contract then he deserves all he gets. If ASW DO refund him I hope he is eternally grateful.

Ordered a aeg from AirsoftScotland myself online the day before Good Friday, and asked for it to be sprayed 2-tone.

Is it a 2 week turnaround from the day you order till it gets to your door or two weeks before they dispach it?

Just wondering thats all? Also do you guys know which courier they use?

(and before anyone jumps the gun and says *grrrr just ring em* im deaf so don't always find it easy to hear on the phone esp the Scots accent!!)

Cheers!!

Do you think it's fair that you should leave them with a painted gun that they're unlikely to be able to sell simply because you changed your mind?

That's kind of abusing the system IMO.

Sorry to interrupt but:

It doesn't matter if he thinks it's fair or not, the law states it is:

Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 under Rights of the Consumer:

Cancellation. The consumer has an automatic right to cancel and rescind the contract at any time from formation of the contract until seven working days after the goods are delivered; or for service contracts, seven working days after the contract was formed (this may be before the service has been performed).

The only iffy part will be if they consider two toning the gun a standard service offered or a Custom service. There are arguments that it could be considered both.

And TBH I'm with L4byr1nth, this is Newbie Discussion so go easy.

Sorry to interrupt but:

It doesn't matter if he thinks it's fair or not, the law states it is:

Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 under Rights of the Consumer:

Cancellation. The consumer has an automatic right to cancel and rescind the contract at any time from formation of the contract until seven working days after the goods are delivered; or for service contracts, seven working days after the contract was formed (this may be before the service has been performed).

The only iffy part will be if they consider two toning the gun a standard service offered or a Custom service. There are arguments that it could be considered both.

Cobblers.

If I buy a 2-tone JG G36 from Action-hobbies (or from ASW) it's a standard item. If I purchase a CA M15 and ask them to paint it bright green it's unquestionably a custom job.

Beyond that, as you say, performing the paint job is a service and, under the law you quote, he only has 7 days from the formation of the contract. Oops.

And TBH I'm with L4byr1nth, this is Newbie Discussion so go easy.

I am.

Cobblers.

If I buy a 2-tone JG G36 from Action-hobbies (or from ASW) it's a standard item. If I purchase a CA M15 and ask them to paint it bright green it's unquestionably a custom job.

Beyond that, as you say, performing the paint job is a service and, under the law you quote, he only has 7 days from the formation of the contract. Oops.

It's not Cobblers and I'm not trying to pick a fight, especially not with a mod but...

If they offer to paint any gun purchased at a standard rate regardless of preference then you could argue it's a standard service applied to a standard item, like buying a car in a colour of your choosing. The law is very much in favour of protecting the consumer on this one.

Even so....

If what he has said is correct and he has emailed them 48 hours after the formation of the contract to cancel then he is still well within his rights as a consumer to do so and receive a full refund. So why "Oops"??

Either way Simpson, you should just phone them to get an answer as soon as you can.

Ordered a aeg from AirsoftScotland myself online the day before Good Friday, and asked for it to be sprayed 2-tone.

Is it a 2 week turnaround from the day you order till it gets to your door or two weeks before they dispach it?

Just wondering thats all? Also do you guys know which courier they use?

(and before anyone jumps the gun and says *grrrr just ring em* im deaf so don't always find it easy to hear on the phone esp the Scots accent!!)

Cheers!!

Littl bump! Saves having another thread on it!

Cheers :P

Archived