whats wrong with airsoftscotland.

simpson7647

Honestly, Is there something in this thread that makes people act stupid?

You bumped your post (?:unsure:) and that's not allowed on this forum. I deleted it and you posted it again. :rolleyes:

No im not stupid at first I thought my reply didn't get posted because I thought I didnt hit the reply button, other fourms normally send a PM explaining the reason why they removed the post.

Ive already said I was sorry and will have another read of the forum rules.

You realise, of course, that your post actually adds nothing to the thread besides criticising others? :rolleyes:

*EDIT*

To be blunt (and no disrespect to ASW) if it was me and somebody ordered a gun off me then, 2 days later, sent me an email to cancel it, I'd do my best to get the gun out of the door as quickly as possible cos I'd rather have money in the bank than stock on the shelves.

I could only do that because I am free to ignore an email.

If the buyer phones me up to talk to me we might have an argument but, at the end of it, I could not claim ignorance of the buyers wishes.

If this guy was daft enough to rely on email to cancel a legally binding contract then he deserves all he gets. If ASW DO refund him I hope he is eternally grateful.

unfortunatly even if you sent the gun out, the buyer can return it.

as long as he hasnt used it or opened it, by law he has so many days to return an unwanted order. ASW might take a restocking fee though.

unfortunatly even if you sent the gun out, the buyer can return it.

as long as he hasnt used it or opened it, by law he has so many days to return an unwanted order. ASW might take a restocking fee though.

Okay....

allow me to clarify my position here.

I was making the point that changing your mind about buying a gun and then sending the retailer an email asking for the order to be cancelled, receiving no correspondence to confirm your wishes, then posting a thread on a forum asking what's wrong with them is a little half-assed.

Any other legal concerns are merely a side-issue.

I do think it's a bit fickle to simply change your mind about a purchase after agreeing to buy the item, particularly after, apparently, asking for the gun to be painted for him.

However, that IS just a side issue.

The main issue is that the OP seems unwilling to actually take responsibility for his decision and pursue it.

Seems to me that OP needs to be directing his questions to the retailer concerned, rather than asking on a forum.

Also seems to me that no-one on here was abusive or offensive to the OP. Given that I've seen posts from not one but TWO Mods in this thread, there seems little cause for people to make accusations. Asking a frankly daft question and being told that you've asked a daft question isn't abusive...

Okay....

allow me to clarify my position here.

I was making the point that changing your mind about buying a gun and then sending the retailer an email asking for the order to be cancelled, receiving no correspondence to confirm your wishes, then posting a thread on a forum asking what's wrong with them is a little half-assed.

Any other legal concerns are merely a side-issue.

I do think it's a bit fickle to simply change your mind about a purchase after agreeing to buy the item, particularly after, apparently, asking for the gun to be painted for him.

However, that IS just a side issue.

The main issue is that the OP seems unwilling to actually take responsibility for his decision and pursue it.

thats fair, he said he wanted another gun, so his best bet would be to phone them and tell them what he does want.

ive not actually looked into these 2 tone rifles as i dont need to buy them, but i didnt think they were 'painted' but had the plastic coloured thats why ASW have them sorted in china? i could be completly wrong, but 2 weeks to paint a gun 1 solid colour is a bit long. and you would think that they have these painted in stock ready to ship out?

like i said ive not actually looked into 2 tone as i dont need to.

when the OP reads this, jsut phone ASW and tell them what you do want instead, as its been said posting on a forumdoesnt always help.

thats fair, he said he wanted another gun, so his best bet would be to phone them and tell them what he does want.

ive not actually looked into these 2 tone rifles as i dont need to buy them, but i didnt think they were 'painted' but had the plastic coloured thats why ASW have them sorted in china? i could be completly wrong, but 2 weeks to paint a gun 1 solid colour is a bit long. and you would think that they have these painted in stock ready to ship out?

like i said ive not actually looked into 2 tone as i dont need to.

when the OP reads this, jsut phone ASW and tell them what you do want instead, as its been said posting on a forumdoesnt always help.

ok thanks all and some companies buy guns that are already the 2 tone colour but this gun on airsoftscotland was origionally a normal (black) gun and i asked it was painted.

Im amazed how many people have posted here, last time i look it was 17 and now 30+ :D

thanks for all the help.

PS i cancelled my order as i decided on another gun :D

I wont get properly into the main debate here, but what i will say is this:

If you end up with the gun, and want a refund/etc, good *fruitcage* luck. Airsoft scotland/world are the worst retailers i've EVER used.

What happenned?

Greg.

What happenned?

Greg.

Lots of bad things. mainly lying (we've got it in stock, no probs/ out of stock/can't send via standard post/ your orders been cancelled/it'll be refunded/we'll send a cheque/oh whoops i sent cash instead lols)

that and aggressive staff. and bad service.

did i mention the bad service?

Sorry for sparking off a debate, everyone!!

I stand by what I said though. We SHOULD be more patient with new forum members...

I understand Stealthbomber's reasoning behind what he said, and I want to make it clear that in my eyes at least, no-one is having a go at anyone.

The OP is new to the forums, and needed some help... We came to the conclusion that he should phone Airsoft World and cancel/change his mind, and next time to phone as well as e-mail.

Problem solved. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread was locked, before we venture further into off-topic debates.

Ben.

Archived