? G36c or TM P90

Haxortheworld

I finally settled on 2 AEGs, except I don't know who makes the best G36c, and how it compares to a TM P90. I'm thinking a KWA G36c, but I haven't seen many reviews on it many reviews on it. Ergonomics don't really matter paticularly much to me, and I think they both have the same barrel length. Loadouts don't matter, and trades don't either, since they are probably gonna be covered.

Well, I'd say P90 just because it's going to be unique and it's an awesome gun.

But from a more practical standpoint, if ergonomics, loadout, and trades don't really matter, I'll go with G36. Easier to get mags and more options for parts.

depends on what you like, the P90 is indeed rare to find ( so are the pouches for storing mag's by the way ) and looks the bomb, while, as Donut already said, the G36c is more widly available for parts etc.

if you're going for a G36, by a JG as i heard that it exceeds any other brand and especially in terms for what you get for the price you pay...

if going for a P90 then get the TM P90 TR, as the standaard P90 had the most horrible sights in the world and the TR allows you to instal your own aiming device.

performancewise i can't help mate since i don't own either nor planning to :P

if you're going for a G36, by a JG as i heard that it exceeds any other brand and especially in terms for what you get for the price you pay...

if going for a P90 then get the TM P90 TR, as the standaard P90 had the most horrible sights in the world and the TR allows you to instal your own aiming device.

Ok

1) The JG G36 is a very good buy, my friend has just got hold of one and I was thoroughly impressed with how sturdy it was, it's range and ROF.

2) There is nothing at all wrong with the P90RD sight. It works fine and IMO the RD looks alot better than the TR. I've owned both and while internally they are the same gun, I much prefer the P90RD

performancewise i can't help mate since i don't own either nor planning to :P

Then why are you commenting? <_<:D

Wel I have 2 G36s (the c and full version), another one coming up and I had a P90.

let me put it like this

G36c:

Practical and compact(folding stock easy access to battery compartment)

Plenty of mags and parts.

TM design reliable, this goes for the JG as well.

CA seems to have selector switch problems, or had it anyway.

STAR most say isn't good. but for for the looks better than any of them.

Since you don't care about that we will leave it like this.

The only down side I know is that the mags are wide compared to those skinny stanags.

But the lowcap look just makes my day. :D

P90

Super compact the best CQB ever!

same inner barrel as the G36c

Mags are PITA because they are so long but the feed till the last bb!

If you are tall or have long arms, it might not be to comfortable.

And yes accessories are not exactly widespread.

the cheapest and most reliable solution would be a JG G36c.

Make sure you check around. a bit. the JG is cheaper than the echo1 which it is only a rebrand of JG.

I've never had a problem with mags, jsut got a molle chest rig with P90 mag pouches. Did me a treat.

And I used a P90 comfortably as my main weapon for over a year and I'm 6'2 with very long arms. It's perfectly comfortable....it just looks odd lol

Oh blimey, my two fav aegs.

I've got two of each & am considering a 3rd (of each!)

The 36's are both ca's, & yes they have had selector probs. Easily fixed & not seen on newer models.

Very flexible guns in terms of configuration options & upgrades. I've run them shoulder stock less for cqb & with silencer & 500mm barrel (miss guided fool, thought this would improve accuracy!) for forestry!

Big batteries can go in the 'large fore grip', or g&p battery shoulder stock. (which distributes the weight beautifully).

At present they both have syst-turbos & give over 1500rpm. One on 9.6 @ 328fps & the other on 11.1 lipo & er, (under breath) has been run at 380fps. Spring & pom head, otherwise stock. Very reliable, well, so far. (over 100,000 full auto shots).

I believe the latest ones come with 7mm bearing box.

Possibly the best all round airsoft platform available, plenty of spares & great mag/battery capacity.

P90's oo-I-love-'em.

100% pedigree F1 cqber. I use this in preference to the 36 in tight spaces but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it takes getting used to.

It welds itself to your shoulder & that's where it has to stay. Lacking a pistol type grip, it's very hard to fire from the hip or round obstacles. So you have to get used to keeping it in your shoulder, looking through the site & rotating your upper body like the turret on a tank. Used this way they are blinding.

& then there's the mag: Specific pouches required I'm afraid. But 300rnds, wind once ain't bad. Can be temperamental, but if you strip & lightly lube every now & again you'll be ok. Never over load them, & holding the feed spring back & shaking the bb's before use, ensures flawless feeding.

Again, a surprisingly flexible platform. Possibly the quickest & easiest barrel change out there. Lalax offer a huge verity of products including a beastly item allowing the use of m16 mags & huge batteries. Other wise the largest bat (internally mounted) is the 9.6v 1600ma 'j' type, requiring a little internal moding, or going lipo. (11.1v 2170ma 20c squeezes in with a little dremmeling.)

The two I have are chalk & cheese:

One is a top rail with acog & barrel extending well into the silencer. ICS turbo3000 motor, high torque gears etc. give it 415(ish) fps & I use it semi only as a dm'r/sniper. 12" groups @ 60m with guarder hpm .28's. :huh:

The other one is a highspeed/low fpser used exclusively for cqb. 9.6 'j' type, syst-turbo, @ 275 fps gives about 1700rpm. Wired up to a big lipo it emptied a full 300rnd mag in less than 5 seconds. Then the piston broke. Best 5 seconds of my life & blew the ###### feeding mags myth wide open.

This is an rd & I think it's a great little sight. Granted, you can't put any other sights on, but, it suits the gun & works fine. Mini moscart launcher loaded under a short type socom silencer is handy too (adds only 6" to total length).

I've dynomatted the interior casing, surrounding the gear box & coupled with a decent silencer (lalax double flat), the p90 ends up the quietest aeg, you'll (not) hear.

Errrrrrrrrr, bored yet? 'Cos I could go on all day.

To sum up, both great guns, the 90 is a little less flexible but does excel in cqb. JG 36 has a great rep.

Any way 'you pays yer money, ya takes yer choice',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,which in your case, (being American) will probably be ,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet another M16 variant! :D;) (which both these guns out perform in all aspects :P )

Greg.

JG G36C is the second best G36C on the market. KWA G36c is by FAR the best one out there. It really is up to you on which one you want, depends on what you want it to do.

P90 can do woodland but for CQB it is best. G36C can do both as well, but is not really better at one or the other.

The P90 will take some work to get it shooting how you want, I recommend the hurricane upgrade kit from trinityairsoft.com

I would wait on the P90 until the CA sportsline and Proline come out, they could be better.

I've had both a TM P90 and a TM G36c. I'd recommend the P90 because its way more comfortable (and awesomely small). But the mags are insanely expensive and the highcaps don't work as well as they should. (hence buying many standard mags). Plus the pouches are expensive. It really depends on how much money you're willing to spend.

Don't get me wrong though, the G36c is a nice gun too, I just like the P90 more.

P90

Super compact the best CQB ever!

same inner barrel as the G36c

And yes accessories are not exactly widespread.

Can't believe I'm weighing in with something to defend what I view as probably the ugliest gun ever made, but...

My skirmish buddy is 6' 4", owns the TM P90 TR and finds it the most comfortable, natural-to-wield gun he's ever used.

P90 TR. Got both TR and RDS as well as a G36. The G36 and P90RDS never see the light of day.

TR because adding you're own RDS which means a slightly higher scope position and a slightly less chance of tripping over stuff as you advance.

But the TR just isn't as attractive as the RD lol

And to a previous poster, P90s do not take alot of money to get shooting right. IMO they are one of the best stock guns around. I used mine for over a year and never touched anything internally.

I've been meaning to reply to this for 2 days but just didn't know where to start.

Firstly, on the subject of P90TR vs P90RD, your head should really tell you to get the TR.

Economically, the SOCOM silencer costs more than a chinese Aimpoint replica so the smart thing to do is buy the TR, get the silencer "for free" and then spend $15 on an Aimpoint, rather than buying the RD and then having to spend $40 on a silencer.

Also, that allows you to fit whatever scope you want. The RD scope mount-base you can buy, which replaces the sight, is possibly THE ugliest thing ever seen on a gun so, if you think you're going to want a big scope or sight then, to avoid having people spontaneously vomiting when they see your gun, buy the TR and DO NOT buy a P90RD and then fit the mount-base. :P

Practicalities aren't the full story though. The P90RD sight isn't terrific. it offers a small field of view and is tricky to aquire but the gun just looks lovely.

Lots of people (including me) will tell you that the P90TR is more practical but, and here's the secret truth, they only say that cos they bought a TR when the RD was unavailable. Secretly, everybody wants the RD. ;)

If you get badly obsessed, like me, you can buy a 2nd receiver. When I want to look all Stargate I fit the RD receiver. When I want that CQB SpecOps look, I fit the TR receiver with an aimpoint. Job done.

As for P90 vs G36, that's kinda a different issue.

Thing is, most people who like the P90 actually liked it before they ever held one. They just know they're gonna like it. A few will buy one and then decide it's too small or too weird but not many.

The G36, OTOH, is just a gun. It's a sensible alternative to the M4 or AK47.

I can almost guarantee you will be happy with the G36. There's nothing about it not to like.

I can't say the same about the P90. You might hate it. If you DO like it, however, I guarantee you'll like it a helluva lot more than the G36. :D

In practical terms they're very similar.

Same length barrel, same type of batteries, same motor. Equally strong gearboxes (The P90 gearbox is probably a bit easier to work on, IMO, due to the way the trigger mechanism can be removed).

The P90 is a bit easier to field-strip to clean.

Both guns have odd shaped mags. The G36 mags are almost STANAG shaped but chunky enough to mean you'll struggle to get them in M16 mag pouches. The P90 mags are just huge.

These days there are cheap MOLLE pouches for both kinds of mags to be found so neither gun is going to leave you seriously stuck for ammo pouches.

All a question of personal choice really.

If you buy a G36 you'll be happy with it.

If you buy a P90, and are comfortable it, you'll be over the moon! :D

Archived