Quite often folks ask a question in the forums and never enter details as to where they are in the world. This makes answering questions like "where do/can I buy/play/rent...?" quite hard.

I've just done a quick 30sec mod that allows you to select your location in your user profile. New registrations are forced to enter where they are by default. There's no added load on the server to do this which is great and the flag images are tiny too so client side there's minimal addition to page load times.

Countries are also linked to the CIA world factbook for that location too. Always fun if you get bored. ;)

THANKS ARNIE!!!

good stuff... i dont see the HK flag often on the net :P now i can show everyone how pwetty it is :D

lol and yes... :P educational to some people that doesnt even know where hong kong is :P hopefully they'll click the link :P

yay...

<--- lol... I'm from the maldives!!! *puta sandle-clad feet up*

:beer:

arnie... please make me... erm.. us I mean... I tropical drink-avatar... please... :P with them umbrella things on it?

I'm not in the Maldives really...

Edited by billymak
On a similar note Arn, how do I get my location to appear on the member's map?

Sorry for the thread jack (Kinda) ;)

Click on the "Member Map" link top right

Click the "Manage my Pin" button at the bottom

Select the map you want

Click where you are

[wait for it to refresh]

Now click "Done"

And you're in Wales...

..you have my sincerest condolences ;)

Nah glad it works. One day I'll write a newbie signup guide for the forums that covers all the usual stuf. I'll save that for a long trip somewhere when I'm stuck in coach with a laptop.

I think it's a nice little idea :)

Haven't seen any Stars & Stripes yet though; come on you colonials! ;)

EDIT: Ah I've spotted a few now. Always liked that flag. Used to have one hanging above my bed...

Edited by doc_newstead

Arnie, I have to inform you that the Antarctic Treaty of 1961 does not allow any nation to lay territorial claims upon the land mass, thus it has a resident population of zero (as any scientists are classed as guests).

So I'm afraid, rhino, that as you have breached the treaty, expect the US and Russia to declar war on you promptly. Have a nice day :)

heh heh... thought i'd edited it earlier. and me...as a scientist? :rofl:

seriously though, it'll be helpful when someone asks a question like what's the chepest blah blah. Saves replying, where you from?

I think it's a nice little idea :)

Haven't seen any Stars & Stripes yet though; come on you colonials! ;)

EDIT: Ah I've spotted a few now. Always liked that flag. Used to have one hanging above my bed...

Do I really have to doc?? Can I just say I'm from Canada instead?? (I'm only 2 hours away from the Canadian border and I've been confused for a Canadian before) :)

I'm 2 hours from several borders, including the French (by train!). Hell, as we speak, my uncle is in Dusseldorf celebrating his 40th, and that was a 90 minute flight for him. So make with the red white & blue!

Edited by doc_newstead

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.