Cyma AKS-74U (CM.035) review

I can't provide much input for reliability, as I've been gone to boot camp and A-school for the past few months. :P

Honestly, I'd recommend it even in hindsight. I am selling it to a teammate right now due to my need for a more appropriate personal training weapon. Belaying that fact, it's a nice rifle that is mean as hell. Not the greatest choice for woodland though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine about 6 months ago, been through about three winter skirmishes with it. Then the whole summer's worth so far. This thing goes like crazy and never stops. Throw a 9.6V battery in on top of that, instead of that 8.4 cheapo that they give you. Watch your ROF go through the roof. Reliability so far has been great, even with the 9.6 in there, no complaints.

Lookswise it needed a little work, but reclock the flashhider, sand and restain the foregrips (too reddish), repaint the incorrect black pistol grip brown and you have a pretty good copy of an AKS-74U. D-boys does have the nicer externals, (if you aren't the type to be uberpicky and go correct some things) but CYMA has done pretty darn well with the internals. I've gotten the chance to use a VFC AKSU for a day, I'd still take my CYMA over that.

An annoying thing to fix, the stock has a goofy metallic ring to it, every time you even slightly bump it on something. I put some stiff foam up into channel in the sheet steel stock, both up by the reciever and then down about halfway along the length of it, both top and bottom. That took the vibration out of it and solved the problem right away. It's almost invisible unless you tilt the gun around and look for it. A small piece of foam was gorilla glued right onto the back of the reciever plate, eliminating the very slight stock wobble it had.

All in all, I'm EXTEREMELY happy to own this gun. It's a keeper, and this will be one of only a few out of a LOT of different guns I've either bought, sold, or traded to get something else.

Are you sure it's condor and not Pantac ? :

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24060

Awesome review BTW. I've ordered a CYMA AK104 from ASGI after being thoroughly impressed with my friend's one. Looking forward to doing some fine steel wool weathering to it once it arrives. It'll be my first ACM clone AEG! :o;)

Received my AK104 on Friday. Didn't get a chance to test it until Sunday. My immediate reaction? Awesome. Sure, it's not as solid as my Guarder AK, nor is the finish as nice... but for US$100+... it's a killer deal!!! The gun shoots 380fps with 0.2 gram BBs. ROF is good, and with just a bit of weathering got it looking nice and used.

ak104leftsmallki3.jpg

ak104rightsmallaq6.jpg

Note that I had to sand the end of the flashhider to remove the super glue ASGI used the glue the orange cap onto. That'll be repainted black and given a lighter weathering finish.