Worth buying ?

epicdoom

Hello folks My son has wanted this thing for awhile now. I dont know if it's worth getting or should I look at something else. Is this upgradable, reliable, cheaply made I had a Well AEG some time back And I remember it being a POJ. Any info you can give me on this would be great I tried the search under well sniper rifle- MB05- awm it just dumps me rite back to the sniper haven start page. My son is wanting to get into sniper role and wants this gun pretty bad. I suggested the VSR or the JG bar he like this one for the looks.

WELL MB05 AWM APS2 Airsoft Sniper Rifle

AR-WELL-MB05-C2.jpg

Doom

So far I have heard no reports at all on it, but I have not really looked. It has not been released that long ago.

The BAR10 would be a safer bet, but you already know that.

Try telling him a serious sniper doesn't buy things for "looks" (as the idea is not to be seen by anyone) and that performance and reliability are bigger factors.

Good Hunting ;)

you hit the nail on the head Bushman I told him the same thing I think its ingrained into his generation or something that looking good is better than being good lol. I got him Consideing the L96 I have used that one in the past and it's not to bad. my big concern with the MB05 is that butt stock and where it connects to the grip if all that is plastic and it probably is I will need to buy lots of super glue and or duct tape. he doesnt want a rifle that looks like a hunting rifle. Thats the problem.

I use my M4 to snipe with it's in knowing your weapon how your ammo performs in that weapon under all conditions and making that all work when you need it to that makes a good sniper IMO. And most importantly reliability and consistancy. I think I'm gonna but the JG Bar for myself maybe he will come around and atlest consider it.

Doom

I think it is that same as the chineese L96. I bought a G22 from Well and appart from the body (same body as this) and bolt (gas bolt) it is the same. The same reciever, same triggerbox, uses the same mags and i've read somewhere that the spring and gas bolts are compatible.

Edit: On gunnerairsoft it says in the discrition that

"Spring powered, actually it is the famous MB01 L96 with a different stock. The stock is fully adjustable, Length of pull, height of cheek piece, also the height of butt plate."

I just won a MB04 (same model except without adjustable length stock) in a raffle yesterday. I put it together (which is actually kind of annoying because it takes a while to slide the parts into the correct spots) and took it out for range and accuracy tests. (All hex wrenches and screwdrivers are included for assembly, so don't worry!) The cocking action is smooth and pretty easy despite the reported velocity.

So far I have tried the rifle with .25 AE and .30g KSC BBs. The hopup unit is decent and is adjustable via a hex screw in front of the mag well and can hop the heaviest ammo out there. First off with the .25g It hit my 155 foot tree trunk (about 1 foot wide) with no problem, it had a pretty loud pop too indicating that it was shooting pretty hard. (I don't have a chrono, but based on my self invented sound test, its shooting harder than my AEGs which are ~350 with .25). Unfortunately the BBs seem to curve left and right near the end of their paths (probably an inner barrel problem, maybe it needs cleaning or replacement). With .30g the BBs seemed to be traveling in a more steady flat trajectory. They still hit the tree with no problem, but like the .25's the BBs still curve, to a lesser extent though.

That's all I have for now, once more tests are done I'll update you.

Note: The curving COULD have been from the wind, not sure though it was pretty windy outside.

I have an L96, preupgraded too around 550 FPS with 0.2. I use 0.3 in it. Only thing changed is the spring.

My first spring sniper rifle, and I think the range is great, although the BBs do seem to curve a bit at distance, sometimes.

In any case, I am very happy with it.

Archived