Nope. You get 'em and they stay there, unless one of us spots you being especially nice for a while then decides to deduct any. It does happen, though not all that often to be honest.

Nobody but the member and moderators can see them, they're really just there as a guide for us you see. If you have a history of doing the same thing then the penalties get harsher over time. If it's different things, we tend to stick to a more basic penalty. If you get to 100%, you're banned, though if you do something particularly stupid (like openly stating you intend to import RIFs to the UK for use in your house despite repeated friendly warnings that you're under age and not a skirmisher and therefore you would be breaking the law - I've had one of those this week) then we can and will go for an instant ban.

They're there for us to know who's likely to do something they shouldn't, but they're also dated so we can tell if someone's been behaving themselves for a while.

Typically discipline works along the following basis:

1) Warning / Polite PM - Depending on how severe the act, we will either raise your warning with a reason why, or send you a pm (usually if it's less severe) asking you to stop whatever it is you are doing. Most people have the sense to drop things there.

2) Suspension - If the person refuses to wind their neck in, becomes abusive in response or complies but then immediately goes on a bender breaking rules in other ways, we tend to suspend the user. This can be any period from a day through to a few months, depending on how severe the infraction (and how much you've wound up the moderator in question)

3) Ban - A last resort, but one that many people seem to prize as highly as an ASBO. Moderators recommend users for banning, and if consensus with other staff is given, an Admin bans the member. This is usually reserved for members who have been suspended previously, but have continued in their old routine. This also applies to members who request their account be closed (we do not delete accounts from the database for reasons that any who can recall the Ivery / Hissing Sid debacle will understand). If you are really out of order and have commited a serious offence you may be immediately banned.

It's worth noting that this is 'typically'. This is not a formal discplinary system, for the main reason that if it were many would feel they could get away with something up to two times before we did anything about it. The discplinary system is always at the discretion of the Moderator (or Admin).

Hope that helps. :)

Nope. You get 'em and they stay there, unless one of us spots you being especially nice for a while then decides to deduct any. It does happen, though not all that often to be honest.

Don't i know it, mine seem to be permanent. :(:P

Just think of them as internet speeding-tickets.

You did something wrong and that's how we tell you about it. No biggie. :)

Personally (OCD again) I check the warning points of people in almost every thread I post in (not all the people, just a couple, at random ;)) and if I see warning points for something isolated, and it's over a year old, or something no longer against forum rules, I will zap them.

As has already been said, the warnings are really there to give us an idea of trends (as well as giving the naughty kids a warning :P) so if you've been given points for the same thing more than once they're likely to stay for a lot longer cos we use them to remind us that you have got "previous form" for the same offence.

As a gesture of good will (I'm sure I'll regret this) if anybody's got warning points for ">1J discussion" type things, and you want them removing, post here and I'll get rid of them. ;)

FYI I wasn't complaining... I was just stating a fact.

I did see that Marlowe had decreased my warn level... I personally like the comment "Good behavior". Oh I feel like a felon now :D hehe.

Edited by infected
Don't i know it, mine seem to be permanent. :(:P

lol aye, and dare i say my 20% weren't even justified in my eyes lol (*ducks for cover*) 1st was for supposed spamming (over posts that were a year old even, and not spam :rolleyes: ) and my second for going wtf about it? nearly a year after they are still a sore sight for my eyes :P

Nice to see that one day i might find them gone though :D

Mine ... well, it just sits at 40% for a long time.

Most are from a "Ghost" moderator, Ghost_Rider (alot of the older members remember him), and slapped warning points for otherwise pretty minor infractions.

Edit: Got it right.

Edit 2: S_B took one off, thanks! :)

Edited by Night_raven
Hey guys, this thread wasn't meant to be a place to vent about your warning points.

Maybe I set a bad example.

lol indeed, it was probably me though coming i the topic so late :blush:

so let's not turn into a venting topic :)

what happened to G_R then btw, now that you mention it, it's been a while since i seen him roun :unsure:

lol indeed, it was probably me though coming i the topic so late :blush:

so let's not turn into a venting topic :)

what happened to G_R then btw, now that you mention it, it's been a while since i seen him roun :unsure:

Honestly no idea.

Here one minute, gone the next.

Happend to quite a few of the regs.

I have been sat at 20% for well over a year now

It was totally justified I half ###### thought it would be funny and I told a VERY poor taste joke about Prostitutes in Norwich at the time of the killings...........yeah stupid i know.

But i havent done anything silly like that since. But i didnt get a PM telling me i was on a warn or anything just found the thread deleted and me on 20% warn :(

So their is no rehabilitation of offenders act in force here then? IE as with speeding points after 3 years they get removed its just down to the will of the mods to remove them as and when they feel they no longer apply?

not having a dig in any way at all just trying to understand the system.

Mine ... well, it just sits at 40% for a long time.

Most are from a "Ghost" moderator, Ghost_Rider (alot of the older members remember him), and slapped warning points for otherwise pretty minor infractions.

Edit: Got it right.

Edit 2: S_B took one off, thanks! :)

lol, 'shame' hes not around any more. :rolleyes: