Sniper Rifles

Phoenix

I know that it has the ability to mount a scope, but the K98 was used as both a standard infantry and sniper rifle.  At the moment yours is in the standard infantry form.

Don't be so f*cking blinkered.

No, it's not a leet US SWAT SEAL SOCOM ranger force recon item but, you know what? There's more to planet earth than mordern US equipment. Who'd have thought it eh? :huh::unsure:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is an AIRSOFT forum and, irrespective of the history of the Kar98 (which WAS a sniper rifle in it's day) it's a bloody good airsoft sniper rifle. Get over it.

Personally, I've a lot more interest in something a bit rare and interesting like the Kar than for a mass-produced CA M24 with a pretty-boy paint job.

Sorry if this seems like I'm over-reacting but I hate it when people can't see that their own POVis only their POV, not actual fact. The Kar WAS a sniper rifle in real life and it most certainly IS one for airsoft purposes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with White Feather that the Kar98 in that form is not a sniper rifle. Of course the original topic doesn't require a scope so I don't mind that it's here, but I think some of you are going overboard on this. I don't think White Feather was angry that no one saw his point of view, he was just stating something he thought.

I agree with White Feather that the Kar98 in that form is not a sniper rifle. Of course the original topic doesn't require a scope so I don't mind that it's here, but I think some of you are going overboard on this. I don't think White Feather was angry that no one saw his point of view, he was just stating something he thought.

I love it when people understand me :D

Thanks Catch

I love it when people understand me :D

Thanks Catch

I understand you too and I think most people do...they are just saying that any rifle accurate enough can be a sniper rifle even without proper optic, no matter whether it looks exactly like an nomral infantry weapon.

But if it looks exactly like an infantry weapon, how do you know it's a sniper weapon?

I think he needs to wrap some burlaps around it to show tht

Just finished this the other day...... mask-off tape was still intact when I took the pics:

14right_front-med.jpg

14left_close1-med.jpg

14left_front-med.jpg

First time I ever painted a gun.  Supposed to be DPM-type scheme, but the green isn't quite bright enough for Brit DPM.

nicepaint job, very nice, did you paint it while all in tack, or seperate it first?, but nice paint job.

nicepaint job, very nice, did you paint it while all in tack, or seperate it first?, but nice paint job.
Sorry, I don't understand exactly, but I think I know what you're asking......the colors were all done seperately in specific order using stencils taken from Brit DPM BDUs I have and a detailed pattern picture I found on the web and printed.

I don't have this one pictured in a pretty location, but nice gun just the same:

Old version Tanaka kar98:

14tanaka_kar98-med.jpg

I am pretty sure the VSS Vintorez is from the trapper's conversion kit.  I've seen that picture a few times before.

Yes thats right it's a trappers front end mounted to a the remnants of a AK47S

It's actually semi only as well (Yes I know the real Vintorez is full capable) that way I can have a higher FPS on field then full autos.

Sorry, I don't understand exactly, but I think I know what you're asking......the colors were all done seperately in specific order using stencils taken from Brit DPM BDUs I have and a detailed pattern picture I found on the web and printed.

yep that was one part of what i meant and i meant did you unscrew off the body of teh L96 before you painted it or did you paint it while the whole gun was all connected and could you give me the web site you got the stencil from? :)

thanks

Jas

Archived