• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care half much abotu cheek welds, then I do about usiing glasses.

Seeing as Illumination doesn't know that i'm 13, would a 13 year old be able to use glasses with it, Usmc?

Why would age make any difference in the outside dimensions of the mask? The mask would be the same size whether you were 2.5 months old or 108 years old.

If your train of thought is saying "I'm 13 years old, so my head is smaller", then the problem is worse - your smaller framed glasses would have an even tougher time fitting around the wider outside of the mask, versus larger adult sized ophthalmic frames (which also do not fit.)

Besides that, your glasses will be held further away from your eyes, which will affect your vision. Your glasses are tuned to sit a certain distance from your eyes. Putting the mask in between and then putting your glasses on TOP of the mask will affect how your glasses are tuned. Just pull your glasses 2cm away from your face, and you'll see what I mean.

If you're wondering if you can wear the glasses UNDER the mask, then no, you still can not wear glasses with it. This mask is designed to fit with the eye sockets very close to your eyes. If you put a standoff distance between your face and the mask for your glasses, then your vision will become tunneled due to the small sockets provided by the mask. Your visibility will be severely limited.... that's assuming your vision wasn't already messed up by your glasses being squished hard in to your nose and face by the mask... ;)

Edited by ILLusion
  • 5 months later...

Wow! That looks great man! Do you find the material going over your forehead is needed? Just curious. Looks great though.

Did you use the fiberglass Sykes mask or one of the new "Koei" Masks that's plastic and derived from Sykes' original design?

Wow! That looks great man! Do you find the material going over your forehead is needed? Just curious. Looks great though.

Did you use the fiberglass Sykes mask or one of the new "Koei" Masks that's plastic and derived from Sykes' original design?

I dont think it is needed, but i like the look and i think it gaves more estability to the mask. This mask is one of the plastic cheap version os Sykes.

Edited by Samwell

This mask is one of the plastic cheap version os Sykes.

Good choice. I think the plastic Koei versions of the Sykes Masks are a better candidate for this modification that you did, than the original Fiberglass Sykes Mask. The original sykes masks are nice, but they're also extremely rigid and flare out a bit on the sides. Being plastic, the non-Sykes ones will conform more to the face.

Are your eye pro sitting correctly on your face though? They seem to be lifted off your face a little because of the mask. If that is the case, I'd caution you to be careful. Your eyes are the most important part of face protection, and the eye protection should take precedence, with everything else working around it. If your eye pro isn't sitting on the face correctly, you risk a BB sneaking past the lifted edges towards your eyes. :nosleep:

Yes in the photo it was a little lifted off the face, but i´ve already made some ajustments to the mask to fix that particular problem.

I´ve used it this past weekend, and now the eye protection fits "like a glove", it almost seems that im using them without the mask. 100% secure. wink.gif

• 2 months later...