• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody skirmished with this mask yet? I'm curious about comfort on the face... I can't realistically imagine myself wearing this on a 35 degree (Celsius) humid day and running around...

As long as it protects my teeth and doesnt cause my goggles to fog i really dont care how hot it makes me.

Hell i skirmish in a PACA in 95 degree humid as hell weather here in Florida.

Edited by Magsz
My main hesitation with this is talking. Can you still talk well with this on or do you have to be a strong silent type?

There's no problems talking with this on. There's enough clearance under the jaw line that it doesn't impede your own jaw movement.

On another note, I still haven't had a chance to line the inside of the mask with hot glue, but with just a good sanding on the inside of the mask left it surprisingly comfortable.

Well I actually swung by Cactus Hobbies since I live only 10-15 minutes away - prescription glasses won't fit over the mask, your best option would be goggle RX inserts or contacts. She should have the second shipment of the masks with balaclava and adjustable straps this week.

Thats perfect, just a hop, skip and a jump away from this...

Trying to get the wire mesh to work with the goggles proved to be a real pain in the *albatross*, and I basically butchered the brow line of my second mask... so I converted the second mask into a half-mask that will work with pretty much any goggles:

mask11dw9.jpg

The problem with getting the mesh to fit was that the face mask had a lot of complex curves on it. :(

At least making the half mask made me feel like I didn't waste the mask. It's actually really comfortable. ^_^

Dude, I still have only 4 words on the paint job: Glow In The Dark

That would be awesome at Airsoft Playground... except I have the sneaking suspicion it'll graduate from "creepy mask" to "BB magnet from a certain WA Kimber" (you b@stard). ;)^_^

also, what are peripherals like?

As good as seeing outta your own face.

From this Sunday (though not worn in game as I still don't have a full seal solution yet):

galiluser07bxv6.jpg

galiluser02bbe4.jpg

that IS creepy! Goes well with the Bandana as well!

Thanks! Yep, gotta love those Spec-Ops Recon Wraps!

I vote for BOLLE X800s or clones thereof - full seal and fog free.

Hmmm... definitely a possibility. I know that the seal with my ESS Goggles weren't great.

Soooo glad I followed this - I was tempted but I do have a particularly wide nose.

Yep... wide nosed individuals may have a problem with this mask. My nose isn't particularly wide but it does feel squeezed a little.

I vote for BOLLE X800s or clones thereof - full seal and fog free.

Got a link? I've been looking for a good pair of goggles for the next time I skirmish. I'm sick of my paintball mask fogging, not to mention how difficult it makes it to use my P90's reflex sight without completely tilting my head. Although I guess that's a moot point now, as the first game I fielded the sight was also the last. We were trying to take a long hallway in CQB in a night game and I happened to have a flashlight mounted on my P90's rail, so I stuck the gun around the corner so our SAW gunner could suppress. Of course out of the very few shots they took before retreating to cover, two of them hit my sight's lens directly, shattering it. Weak.

uscmCorps, got a picture of that the modded half-mask looks like in combination with some goggles? I think that's how I'd want to use it if I got one, and I do need a mask if I switch to goggles, I find mouthguards to be a hassle and I like my teeth.

Got a link? I've been looking for a good pair of goggles for the next time I skirmish.

cn-x800-01.jpg

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...products_id=403

These are replicas, but they work just as well - mine have tinted lenses:

IMG_1711_resize.jpg

IMG_1762_resize.jpg

As you can see. The reason they don't fog is the rubber seal with your face has a 1mm gap all the way around the top and bottom edges of the lens - making for great airflow. I'm a heavy, sweaty *beep* and I couldn't get the bugger to fog even when running up and down a hill several times at full pelt.

Co-incidentally, my clones haven't fogged, but someone's real BOLLE X800s on the same day did, many times. :D

Sorry to keep prodding with questions, but do these look like the same googles you have? Same box and everything? http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...;products_id=90

I figure that'd save me a decent amount of money as opposed to ordering from Gunner and paying for shipping to the US.

Yes, but you do realise that Ebaybanned is also based in Hong Kong, yes?