Anime

MDK_Marshal

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for that.

And DL - Yes, that's true. But she can afford one, and will use it for photoshop and other arty things, which is one of the few things macs don't suck as for. The screens, especially on the huge one, are pretty damned good, and they DO look nice.

If she wanted to play games, tinker with setting, or any of this nonsense that I like doing, then I'd still be bugging her not to get a mac.

But when all you're gona run is MSN, photoshop, and Firefox..... It really doesn't matter that much.

Except that a MAC is equal with a CHEAPER PC for arty things and Photoshop. And Photoshop and "ARty" programs cost more on the Mac than they do on the PC.

And with the savings I got from building a PC that is OVER the spec of any macintosh on the market, I could afford TWO 22" widescreen LCD monitors, a 5.1 surround sound speaker setup and my OS.

There is no reason to get a Mac over a PC.

There are 2 credit cards for every person in the United States.

The longest one syllable word in the English language is "screeched".

The word "democracy" is banned in online chat rooms in China.

and finally

43.7% of all statistics are made up right on the spot

Just to stir things up:

OSX sucks. Big time. And so do Macs.

Darklite IS a God!

True I work with MACs every

Mother*****

DAY!

They can't do SH*T

The end all answer to why MACs sucks....

Out of EVERY Program made how many are made for MACs?

900Th post :P

lol....

and games....

You don't see them coming out with a new one just for MACs...

MACs FAIL.

Epicquotes are brought to you by Darklite!

I can kill a ChallengerII MBT with my pens if I accelerate to approximately 0.8C before impact.

However, what will the length of the impact trench behind the target be?

Damn. Man's got biro's of steel.

Custard is a non-newtonian liquid, which means it goes solid when you apply a sudden shock. Therefore, you can walk on it, and if you hit it hard enough, shatter it.

The two most famous Belgians in the world- Tintin and Hercule poirot- are both fictional.

Stalin tried to decimalise time- with 10 hour clocks and 5 day weeks-but had to ditch the scheme when people started going crazy.

Satanism kinda makes sense..

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

:zorro:

Ah, but can you explain why custard behaves like that, in terms of its atomic structure? ;)

No, but can you?

EDIT: I should assume when pressure is applied it makes the carbohydrates in the cornflour form chains, like a polymer- the ingredients are present for that- namely carbon and hydrogen as it's organic matter. When pressure is relased, they break apart again, returning to a liquid.

Did someone order crazy remix?

BTW transist, to youtube on php, use the

[youtube][youtube]

(don't forget to add / to close the wrap). The video ID (the bunch of leeter and number after v= in the link) goes in between.

WW2 technically ended in 1990. The allies were at war with Germany which ceased to exist in 1945 as it was split, therefore we could not sign a peace deal untill the country called Germany existed again

Not true. Germany was technically under occupation until the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany was signed in 1990. The war ended in 1945 with the surrender of the Fleisburg government under Dönitz.

That was the war in Europe, but in the far east the war still continues- Peace has never been declared between Russia and Japan, over the islands to the north both want possesion of. Also, the seconf world war started in 1935 when japan invaded manchuria.

East Germany had a piece of territory in the caribbean- Earnst Thulmann Island is just south of Cuba, gifted to East Germany by Fidel castro back in the day.

I suck at capitalizing. And spelling. And typing.

Look, I don't want to start a bun fight but it has been fixed three times and no-one has bothered to fix capitalising, this is Britain and although -ize is acceptable the OED prefers -ise.

Don't make you slap me.

And don't get me started on Aluminium/Aluminum/Alumium.

100% of people who talk loudly into mobiles on trains are paedophiles. Fact.

Kill them and tell the police I said it was OK.

That was the war in Europe, but in the far east the war still continues- Peace has never been declared between Russia and Japan, over the islands to the north both want possesion of. Also, the seconf world war started in 1935 when japan invaded manchuria.

You're right - I should have been more specific. The war with Germany ended with Dönitz's surrender.

East Germany had a piece of territory in the caribbean- Earnst Thulmann Island is just south of Cuba, gifted to East Germany by Fidel castro back in the day.

Thälmann, leader of the KPD, was arrested by the Nazis in 1933 and died in Buchenwald in 1944. The DDR named a youth organization after him. During the late 1920's and early 1930's, the KPD had a song using the theme of Die Fahne Hoch (AKA Horst-Wessel-Lied) with Thalmann's name in it.

Another fun fact: Youtube has blocked embedding of the video for Rick Ashtey's "Never Gonna Give You Up." The world morns as this fine piece of music is made unavailable to millions.

Look, I don't want to start a bun fight but it has been fixed three times and no-one has bothered to fix capitalising, this is Britain and although -ize is acceptable the OED prefers -ise.

Don't make you slap me.

And don't get me started on Aluminium/Aluminum/Alumium.

I realise that you are correct. Tell me, what is the colour of aluminium?

Archived