• P9
  3. 3. Other

• Gun parts
    • Midcap mags
    • RPG
    • AG36 launcher
    • Mechwarrior

Okay, this is the poll.

I ended up giving the top 12 guns a place in the poll since places 9, 10, 11 & 12 all had 21 votes and it seemed unfair to just post 2 of them.

THINK before voting.

Don't vote for the Uzi and then post to say "Uzi, only if it has a proper gearbox". Instead, discuss the options and then, if you decide it's not going to be possible to make an Uzi of satisfactory quality, vote for something else instead.

Same thing goes for the Sterling, for example.

Don't look at the poll and think "oooh! Sterling! Must vote!"

Think first. If you don't think it's going to be possible to fit an AEG mechanism inside the Sterling then don't vote for it. Discuss it first and then, if you change your mind, cast your vote.

Same applies to all the other guns in the poll. If you don't think it's likely that a manufacturer would build an MG42, pick something else instead. Same applies to the Lee Enfield.

If you're a particular fan of one choice, feel free to champion it when people ask questions. If people are undecided then try to talk them around to your POV.

Having said that, please don't debate other peoples opinions.

These are the main choices:-

1) Tavor TAR 21.

2) H&K PSG1

3) IMI Uzi

4) Kalashnikov PKM

5) FN FAL

6) H&K HK417

7) Lee Enfield SMLE

8) FN P90

9) Magpul Masada

10) Sterling

11) IMI Galil

12) MG42

Go nuts. ;)

vote_list.zip

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voted Tavor, If it gets made it will be definite purchase for me. I've wanted one for so long now. really shouldn't be to hard to design and produce really, there are plenty or reference pictures floating around.

Voted Browning HP, always liked the pistol, and will fit with a Brit SF load out I have in mind. Again shouldn't be to hard to make, there already is one around which could be cloned and improved.

Voted Midcaps, as long as they are full metal, I would buy a metric ton of them. And again will not be hard to manufacture at all.

Joe

I'll only buy a Mechwarrior thingy if it's got metal legs. Plastic legs will break too easily

(seriously where did that come from?)

Anyhoo cheers for sorting out the vote Stealth (even if the FN2000 didn't make the list ;))

Went for the suggestion I put in the original thread, the Sterling SMG, I so badly want an E-11 (stick a tracer, short scope and a folding stock and bobs your mothers brother)

Also went for the Browning HP and RPG, as I'd love to see more rpg's at games and the browning for us brits!

PKM: Dont really like the Tavor, would like an Uzi but Im not too convinced it is possible to make a good one, and I dont think the PSG-1 will have a large market. Its still an AEG and most sites will still limit it to 328fps.

Makarov: Browning HP is good if the Maka dont win. Would really like a Webley revolver but theres been no mention that JG is interested in making gas guns - only AEPs. Although a full-auto Webley AEP would be very very funny :D

Mechwarrior: I have all the midcaps I need and aint too bothered in the other stuff. Dont know what this Mechwarrior is though...

PKM: as long as it is full metal, and has an M249 type gearbox with quick change spring feature.

Makarov: theres no decent eastern bloc pistols around.

RPG: because they are kool, but it would have to be an RPG-7

Cant it be passed round CA, ICS, TM ect ect not the clone companies :(

Voted Tar21 but was a tough choice between that masada. But both feel like a wasted vote as one is in protype stage and the other is in rumour stage lol.

I dont want any of them pistols so i didnt vote on that.

Ag36 so i can buy a cheap one on put it on my xm8.

PSG-1: if it's got decent power out the box then it'll sell well. Some minor improvements over the TM and it'll be a winner. And even if it was a straight clone of the TM I'd certainly buy it: the TMs price tag is too high considering the number of upgrades it needs out the box. Next preference would be the Tavor but I knew that was going to get a lot of votes anyway ;)

Makarov: even in AEP form it'd sell well imo

Mechwarrior: because who can resist owning a giant bipedal robot with guns? (ok, I didn't really vote for it :P)

I will vote for the Uzi of course, IF one can be made that works well (and it's full metal). When I say "works well", I mean it's reliable, has a reasonable fps out of the box (I'd prefer that it didn't perform like an AEP, which all seem to have fps or rof limits that bug me) and came with 200+ round hicaps.

I know that this would be a tall order, as the TM gearbox wasn't great (though no doubt still some achievement) and I have no idea how Marushin went about it (I didn't even know they'd built an AEG version until last week but it looks good on YouTube) so that would be somewhat of a challenge for JG - and if it's a new design, how can we tell it's reliable until we've bought one? Of course if they could make AEP style internals perform like an AEG, I'd be both surprised and happy (and I daresay a few MP7 owners might want the internals themselves).

I am far from being any kind of expert on AEG or AEP internals so I'm afraid I can't sensibly offer any suggestions about how to go about making an Uzi as I would like it.

Tavor, Mk23 and Midcaps.

Tavor: Beautiful gun should be very unique.

Mk23: An AEP version wouldnt be that different to the NBB TM. Except lower power but im sure JG could try and squeeze at least 250-80 fps out of the GB.

Midcaps: The more (cheap ones) the merrier.

Rich.

Big problem with AEPs is the battery, if you can squeeze a higher voltage battery (ie li-po) in there you're more than half way to being sorted on both Power and ROF. In an AEP I'd rather have a higher voltage battery rather than a long lasting battery. Until that day comes I'll choose gas/AEG over AEP any time.

PKM- one of my favourite guns, and it fits perfectly with most loadouts, and especially well with my two main ones- VDV and African Mercs. I bought the A&K Minimi Mk.1 as a support gun for my team, and it's provided excellent support fire on numerous occasions, but the gun itself just isn't it for an African merc team.

Makarov- I need an easter bloc sidearm. I had the maruzen skorpion, but it was too big to have in a holster and just got in the way. Like the PKM, it goes with a lot of loadouts, especially eastern bloc.

RPG- The site I play it is fond of using vehicles in it's games. It would be nice to have a way of taking them out. Also, they're just cool :P

-matt

Archived