'Flamethrower' style AEG

GuzziHero

I woke up this morning with the wierd notion of creating an airsoft gun which looked like a WW2 flamethrower...probably the widely available M2 version like this:

flame-2.jpg

The unit itself would just be an AEG on 9.6v or maybe 11.1 LiPo. An electric winding box mag would be concealed inside one of the bottles and feed BBs through a braided reinforced flexible hose to the AEG (probably Ver3) in the trigger unit somewhere. Because of the shape of the M42, the BBs would actually have to run down the tube to the bottom of the flame unit past the gearbox into the hop The gun section would be constructed out of easily available pipework, probably 22mm brass, and painted with black Smoothrite. Valves and such to lookylike the real ones...easy, theyre lying all around my local airsoft site.

As for the main trigger units, the fore part would be some kind of airsoft pistol (a cheap one!) or Im open to suggestions on what else would be suitable. The back part would be based on a garden hose trigger system as they have the 4-finger trigger style Id be looking for. I would need to procure these, the latter probably by asking on various forums for spare parts from broken hose units.

The issues I have come across so far are these:

I dont know what capacity those bottles would be. Id obviously use an ALICE type frame pack to carry them and Id want them as light as possible - so theyd have to be plastic or thin metal. Im presuming that the larger tanks are 5 to 7 gallon, the smaller one would be about half that. The only 5gal bottles Ive seen so far have a carry handle and/or ribs in them for strength. If the gearbox/hop was in the actual trigger unit, the barrel would be prohibitively short, making the gun ineffective.

Possible answers to the latter part is to have the gearbox/hop on the back trigger (the actual fuel release switch on the original) and not the front (which was the igniter trigger). Perhaps I could activate the front trigger to be the switch to wind the BB boxmag. This would give a barrel length of something like a PSG1!

---

This is a feasability study only at the moment. I think its possible, but I dont know if its possible to do it right

Any suggestions/input/criticisms/pointing out of things Ive missed is massively appreciated!

---

Oh, for anyone who can remember, Ive not given up on my Villar Perosa idea...just waiting for cheap P90 clones to come out <_<

Tihi :D

That's Dave Dollerhide's invention. He's the owner of Sequoia Enterprises, one of the two major Airsoft field operators in the San Francisco Bay Area. The man shooting is wearing a Cimmerian patch.

Strangely enough, during a cardboard cutting competition during AshBash 2006, a well-tuned AEG was able to out-cut it.

you could run it asa compressed air unit.

a small dive tank (3l) on in the middle and bbs in either side with a pair of autowinders running 2 tubes of bbs 1 of air (or more if you ahve a large enough tube) (HPA hoses are easy to get for from dive gear) in a larger outer hose to the hand unit and down to the fore grip trigger. no hop unit just a bb space where the bbs go and the air out port just behind it with a simple squezze air release (again you can get diving inflator valves which would do the job).

FPS would be a sod to calculate but i think i have a DIN (dive tank) fitting HPA regulator for use with AS guns kicking around somewhere which ill let you have

it WILL be a heavy item mind unless you make the 2 side bottles smaller and out of some decent scregth palstic.

Im making a m2 right now.

Im using 50 feet of hose coiled in two sections of 4" pvc pipe to replicate teh tanks and one paintball tank for the middle one. It will have 3000 bbs in the 50' section of hose. it will work like a BV classic gun.

easiest way to do it IMHO.

Archived